Luminex Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2019
I always felt my boss was backstabbing me to take credit for everything. Management was very cliquish and didn't have basic people skills. Some were outright bullies and others were more passive aggressive and rumor oriented. Everything was politically biased to the extreme. A lot of effort was placed on beating down employees. The CEO was really smart but a lot of the middle managers are too entrenched to really follow like they should.
Pros
Cons
Politics, backstabbing, rumors and conniving
Meh
Supervisor, Early Design Transfer (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILDecember 5, 2018
Yes, the benefits are amazing, but there is so much bureaucracy that it's detrimental. Major decisions are made by big-wigs offsite and out of touch with the actual subject matter experts.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Daily frustrations and unnecessary stress
Lack of Advancement/Communication
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2018
Upward mobility capped, management communicates rarely and only when they need to highlight improper practices. Support and growth of individuals takes back seat to personal goals.
Pros
Pay
October 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As you are aware we have implemented tools to assist with improving communication between managers and employees. This year, the mid-year review was kicked off to allow managers to provide managers and employees with a format to have coaching discussions, i.e. focus on support, growth, competencies, etc. We are moving in the direction of improving the candidate and the employee experience. If you would like additional information on the roadmap of what is scheduled for 2019, please feel free to contact your HR team. We welcome your ideas as well.

Great Place to work but very high turnaround in some groups due to excessive Micro-managing.
Reagent Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Go work there. A lot of good people there. Be wary of positions in Reagent Quality Control. Very high employee turnaround and very hard to advance. even then very small pay increases for advancement in that group.
October 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and positive rating. We will ensure the feedback is shared and focus on learning more about this perception. Working with the management team to come up with ideas on how we can positively impact the perception shared. We want to ensure that employees Luminex experience is more than just a job, but an opportunity to realize their core values and make a difference in the world. Wish you the best with your next opportunity.

Customer Service Supervisor / International (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 15, 2018
Micromanage employees however good pay and good environment.
Too much gossip and if you know the right people you will get ahead.
This is when Luminex bought out Nanosphere back in 2016
Very stressful and micromanaged
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 14, 2018
Very stressful and micromanaged- management is always changing on how they want work performed. Not enough room for the amount of materials needed to make product.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
micromanaged
Fast paced company. Lack of communication thought departments
Reagent Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2018
Overall learning is great and well paced. Micromanaging is constant. No room for growth and advancement unless you are "in" with management. Great benefits.
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
I learned so much here. I have nothing bad to say about Luminex. Great company to work for. The people are also really awesome too. I met some great friends while I was there and I will miss them all very much.
Pros
Pay, vacation
October 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that your Luminex experience was more than just a job, and you were able to develop great friendships. Wish you the best in your new position.

Fast-growing sector of the company but poorly managed in some areas
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 4, 2018
Very fast-paced and fast-growing company with an ever-growing customer base. Production goals increase often but some departments are very poorly managed. New Director is establishing his protocols and is reorganizing to fit his needs and direction. Workplace culture is okay but relationship with management is becoming more distant as managers jostle for the director's attention at the employee's expense. Promotions are very rare despite obvious hard work and commitment. Salaries of the employees are above industry standards but they are utilizing contract employees more often. Benefits are very nice and are catered to the employee's choosing. Overall, this has the potential to be a very nice company to work for but beware of the hidden agendas of some higher-ups.
Pros
Pto, pay, health and investment benefits, steady work, scheduling
Cons
Poor management, poor direction, promotions very limited from the ground up
October 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your contributions, which allows our teams to provide customers with products reflecting the preferences of a diverse global marketplace—and this requires a workforce with the thoughts, ideas and experiences needed to serve all markets. You are encouraged to continue to collaborate, think, act and solve problems in new and different ways. Share your ideas on improvement ideas.

Great people to work with. Management could improve...Stressful
IQC Incoming quality control (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Luminex has been a good experience, but could be better. Limited somewhat on advancement and or may be the area. People are great to work with. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits.
Luminex Review
Partner Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
The benefits are great and the pay is good, depending on the department you work with. Management can be hit or miss depending on your department. Overall, Luminex is a good place to start out.
Great benefits, Horrible management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 24, 2018
The workload was fairly easy. Production has increased which is a great sign for future business, however, the lack of communication and team work made it difficult to tolerate not just in specific departments but throughout the entire company. Benefits and compensation were great, but management can do better. Think about your employees more instead of trying to "look good on paper" and having your employees scramble through unprepared training.
Poor Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 7, 2017
Luminex provides fair benefits and health coverage, and I definitely felt valued and compensated for my work. The frustrations came from upper management. People who were put in charge of departments lacked knowledge / skills to get things done and to help advance the company, which is frustrating for someone who is forced to act on poor decisions.
N/a
Management is average
Job Culture is below average
nice place too work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 11, 2017
nice people and relaxed setting. did not work there for long due too injury, but the time I was there they did everything they could to accomadate myself
one word - lay-offs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
A lot of lay-offs, goal here is to get cheaper labor. Personally I thought that they were to get rid of people who were making to much, and other times were to get rid of workers that perform better than their hiring manager.
Challenging and room to advance.
Manufacturing Assembly Associate II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work. Many opportunities. The environment is laid-back, an the schedule is very adaptive to personal needs. Luminex has multiple departments and cross training is encouraged.
Great benefits/compensation
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2017
Great benefits/compensation and job culture.I don't want to disclose too much information on Luminex. It is a great place to work for with lots of free food.
Products
Technical Applications Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
I love the Luminex products (instruments and beads). I love the xMAP technology. The company should use the talent it already has instead of hiring from the outside and dropping the learning curve. Many Luminex employees can be promoted to higher positions but have been turned down because they lack one or two qualifications. The ideal step to take is to provide training to current employees because they know the product, and hire new employees in the lower level positions so they can learn the products. The key is to keep the learning curve up and the company staffed with employees who love and appreciate the Luminex brand and products.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No room to grow within the company
Excellent company that cares about employees
Sr. Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 19, 2017
Luminex Corporation acquired the company I was hired to work for, which I understood before I started there. Luminex came in and did an excellent job of understanding the site and really took care of the employees with an outstanding benefit package and needed investments to continue the growth of the site, including a new facility. I can't say enough about how open and caring they were for the employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits and longevity of employees
Cons
Can't think of one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luminex Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Luminex Corporation Reviews by Location