Luminis Health
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Working at Luminis Health: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

Welcoming and supportive healthcare organization - Great place to work!

Featured review

Luminis Health selected this as a representative review
High standard of care for staff, patients and community is executed throughout the organization.Inclusive working environment with supportive co-workers, management and leadership.Opportunities to grow in your career, enhance your role, be as involved as you like with many ways to get involved across the organization inside and outside of your role.Everyone is part of the larger goal to make a difference in the community and improve health care outcomes for all. LH does a great job at letting all staff know what the goals are and how we are doing.

Pros

great co-workerss

Cons

pandemic stretches resources thin

Worst Employer I’ve Worked For

I do not recommend working for this employer in the out patient capacity, if you actually want to help patients and do the duties of a medical provider. They want you to lie/beat around the bush to the “patients” who are just numbers to them. they only care for the money. It was great went I first started and in the last 2 years I have watched it spiral out of control and not be about patient care anymore. I decided to leave as they tried to reprimand me for doing what was best for the patient

Luminis Health insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Can be a good place depending on what department you work in.

Company tries to be a great place to work and for some it is. I think it depends on which department you work in. Not a lot of room for growth. Micromanaging is very apparent in some departments.

Great Working Environment - Physical therapy

Healthcare is every changing, and its nice to be part of a team that listens and helps each other throughout the day. There are plenty of benefits to working with the health system that PT employees can enjoy, such as loan forgiveness, paid con ed, health insurance, paid time off, etc. The culture is helpful and supportive. When times are tough, the teams bands together.

Pros

Supportive Environment, Benefits, Collaborative Environment for patient care

very rewarding job

Enjoyable place to work with supportive co-workers, management with slight flexibility in schedule. Very rewarding job. Non-profit hospital allows for public service loan forgiveness and PT department will offer up to $30,000 in loan forgiveness.

Pros

Fun environment, great supportive co-workers/management, incentive bonuses, loan forgiveness

Cons

required nights/Saturday work, support staff shortages

It's ok.

My everyday team is great. Atmosphere is super chill. I just feel like compensation, for the cost of living is laughable. It is not sufficient. They don't even give out a bonus during the holiday. We do not get all federal holiday off. Why? My coworker has a degree, I do not, and I'm making more money than them.

What is the best part of working at the company?The teamworkWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Doctor shortage

Ok, benefits could be better

The health insurance plans are horrible.For a hospital they should want to provide better coverage for their employees. Most co workers are pleasant and easy to work with

Nothing stands out

Decent but not long-term.The hardest part is being underpaid, overworked, and overlooked. Starting at $15/hr.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

30min breaks, Management

I enjoy working for this company

I enjoy my job, learning new things and meeting new people. Culture here is a little different.I wish there was more comradery within my department.

Pros

I work on my own

Cons

Management within my department.

Great coworkers but disappointing salary and benefits

Non clinical positions are not well supported or paid. Managers are underpaid and overworked. Benefits are lower than in other companies and bonuses have been cut for several years while executives take home huge salaries. Coworkers are kind, smart, and driven yet we're not rewarded for performance.

Pros

Coworkers, managers, and directors

Cons

Pay, benefits, and bonuses

Meaningful, productive work with supportive, committed team/s.

The culture is positive and fairly transparent in its expectations - bring your best to your work. Our leadership is available - and visible - which is refreshing, especially in their responsiveness. There is genuine care and respect for employees - a reliance on each other in mentoring, sharing resources, and lending support, especially during more challenging times. A welcoming and inclusive environment to work.

A true family-friendly environment

All companies will tell you that they are family-friendly and strive for work-life balance, but Luminis Health is one of the few that really means it. I feel that my colleagues respect and value me, and understand that I have priorities outside of work.

Great Second Time Around

I am a rehire that worked here over ten years ago. It great to be back at home with a group of professionals who get it! I regret every leaving. Having fun everyday.

Pros

My manager is a great supporter.

Cons

N/a

Learning experience but not what I was looking for

It's a pretty straight forward job but can at times get boring. Wish there training was a littler better feels like you are just thrown in and makes it difficult if you have not prior experience with a particular department

The people

The people here are great to work with. They are very supportive. I have learned a lot in a short period of time. Management is good and has concern for employees at every level

Busy but fun

On a typical day, expect to see at least 14 patients a day. They will gladly add 5 evaluations on your schedule, with three back to back re-evals. The techs are usually pretty good. They do have an intercom to announce your patients which is very helpful. 1 hour unpaid lunch. Your co-workers, will make our break your experience.

Pros

culture

Cons

productivity demands, too many evaluations in one day, poor pay, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luminis Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits