Luna Grill Employee Reviews

A job with steady hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 9, 2019
The job itself is really easy once you get the hang of it. Dinner rushes can get hectic, especially with ridiculous food customization requests. Other than that, it's a steady work day. My co-workers were fun to work with, but my management was poor. My GM expected us to walk in with a big smile and greet him at all times. My kitchen manager was all over the place and never had any real control over the back of the house. There was little to no flexibility in scheduling. The lack of employees on the roster made it difficult to even get a day off every once in a while. The only real benefit I received was a free meal every shift. Not a great job for students or anyone who needs flexibility.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Management, benefits, scheduling
Luna Grill
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 30, 2018
The day to day lifestyle of a trainer at luna grill is happy and confident in working. I was able to learn to put a smile on my face for guests even when I was in the worst of situations.
My manager at the time really invested in me and helped me accelerate at a faster pace, but when she left it was pretty normal. The culture is upbeat and fast flowing. The hardest part was dealing with guests and the most enjoyable part was helping a customer find their favorite dish.
Pros
working with my friends, and tips
Cons
healthcare
Solid honest job
Busser and Food Runner and Cook (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CANovember 1, 2018
I worked every angel of this job and I truly got to see how poorly the kitchen staff was paid vs the amount of work they are responsible for. But working in 3 positions at Luna really taught me a lot and Luna Grill was really spot on with providing adequate training.
Pros
Free/Discounted food
Easy job , bad superiors
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachOctober 2, 2018
It’s a pretty easy job and the food there is great. But the managers suck and the people in office make so many tiles that are impossible to follow. They clearly haven’t worked at the restaurant. No one really has your back and everyone is seen to them as replaceable
Pros
70% off meal
Cons
Bad management, so many “ standards”, not enough pay no benefits
New and growing company
COOK (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 20, 2018
Luna Grill is still a fairly new restaurant still expanding across the United States. Management are open and willing to jump in and help where help is needed. A typical day at Luna regardless of being stressed or tired, is usually full of laughter and smiles as the crew gets along very well.
The best for the time I needed to work there.
Busser, Food Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92130August 15, 2018
It was just a chill job for someone who was about to finish high school at the time. The staff were always helpful with the employees. Everyone was getting help by whoever had nothing to do. Friendly. Easy for me to fit in even being a little shy at first.
Pros
Employees super communicative. Never any enemies.
Cons
None that are reasonable to list.
Weird interview process, not what seems
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 26, 2018
Went through vigorous interview process spoke a big game then after fake promises vanished. Don’t understand why they would say things and make you confident in process than disappear
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Vanishes, lack of respect
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of keeping the restaurant clean and running food to guest. I learned how to work as a team with my other coworkers during peak hours. Management is great they work well with everyone's hours. The hardest part of the job would be keeping everything together when it gets extremely busy. The most enjoyable part is seeing the guest enjoy the food and the relationships you build with other coworkers.
Very Flexible and fun environment to be around.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 5, 2018
Luna Grill has been a great company to work at while I am in progressing on my studies in college. The upper management is great and very helpful and they are always smiling and helping with pleasure.
Luna Grill
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2018
It’s a stepping Stool Job.
If you’re looking for something to get the bills paid and a healthier alternative to working in a Restuarant without the stresses of a real Restuarant.. this is it.
Cons
Poor Management
Met a lot of new people and made great friendships and work habits.
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 8, 2018
On a typical day at work, I come in with a positive attitude and make the best of my time there. I learn a lot of communication skills as well how to speak to guests. In my short time there,I've learned by my manager how to close and open in a manager perspective. The workplace is in a great location, inside a mall and even though not every day will go as planned, the best part of it is meeting new faces.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people.
Cons
no benefits, low pay
Fast Passed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 26, 2018
Versatile. Prep, cook, clean, wash dishes. Fast Passed. Team work is amazing. Free meals. Awesome staff. Great food. Able to relocate if need be. Great experience.
Fun but no hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 28, 2018
it’s a great place to work! you get close to your coworkers quickly but you rarely get to see them because you’re scheduled only 3-4 days a week. it’s stressful at times with all the rushed throughout the day. tips depend on how busy you are throughout the shift.
Fun workplace
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2018
Great co-workers good starting pay. Worked around your schedule. Pretty good with work/life balance. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn in this company.
Great environment and loving family!
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 8, 2018
Luna Grill is one of the BEST places i have ever worked at!
Everyone is so inviting and welcoming, they turn you into Luna Family!
They give you great goals and help maintain them as well!
Great
Cashier/Busser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 9, 2018
Great place to work to earn cash, however it isn't a place where you can really grow. Management was okay but not the greatest, in making sure each employee is on the right track.
fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Irvine Park, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great coworkers and management
great staff
flexible hrs
caring manager
great FOH/BOH relations
Upper management was always pleasant and nice when they came in to visit
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 12, 2018
Flexible hours for college students, parents, friendly Team Members. They work well with your schedule, and care alot about theyre team members, keeps you busy,
Pros
Great food
Cons
Angry guests
luna experience
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 22, 2018
8 am starts the day checking how much of product was used the day before. after that started the long day of cutting portioning and marinating meat for the day ahead and possible the next day if i was able to get ahead
Pros
lunch on occasion great people and their attitudes
Cons
massive amount of inconsistency
productive fast pace fun enviroment with amazing food!
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Always walking into work positive with a can-do attitude. Everyone always had a smile on their face and loved to help guests with what dish to try and always making sure they are being tended to in a clean and welcoming environment. there were no hard parts about this job, everything and everyone was always under control! The most enjoyable part about this job was the coworkers and the management, everyone was friends and always helped each other out and very understanding.
Pros
food for lunch, great atmosphere.
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luna Grill. Our community is ready to answer.