Lunchtime Solutions Employee Reviews

Amazing people
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 19, 2019
Great place to work but the benefits are not very good. President and Vice President are all very accommodating and middle management does a great job.
Pros
Work LIfe Balance
Benefits
My boss was the best.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 19, 2019
I started out as just a dishwasher at 1 elementary school and worked my way up to get transferred to another school. There I was initially responsible for serving and dishes. As I kept moving up, I ended being responsible for cooking the breakfast and lunch and serving it all also. My favorite thing about that job was that I got to see my daughter every day.
FS Director
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEApril 6, 2019
During my short time of employment with Lunchtime Solutions, I had 3 people training me. All had different views.

My last Area Director would belittle me in front of my employees and would not allow me to take a full lunch. Even though I was working 12 hours per day. I worked nights, weekends and holidays at home as well. Very demanding and belittling.

She would throw so may things at me to do and before I was able to complete, then gave me more to do. If I forgot something, she would get so upset.

More stablity and respect for employees is needed.

Not to mention all the changes that staff had went through by having 3 FS Directors in a short period of time.

Company likes to write up employees. I do not believe in writing up all the time but to work with your employee's. We all have daily challenges as well as outside of company issues. Especially in small towns where there is not many people to choose from. If you consistantly write people up, you will have no employees', which is the case here.
Co-workers made a fantastic work experience.
Dishwasher, salad Prep (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 28, 2019
Lunchtime Solutions had some fantastic teams within the schools that work very well together. The manager in my area created communication issues throughout the facilities. I did not return because of her terrible communication and seemingly openly being untruthful to different people about the same issue.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, great co-workers
Cons
management communication
Poorly managed
Management (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 8, 2019
This company was not involved or supportive of its employees that were of lesser statue. Personale issues were not addressed. Guidance and trainings for managers were not in place for managers to be successful. This company was a numbers place and not about its workers. Lack of supervision which in turn led to poor supervisors.
Pros
Pay and onsite staff
Cons
Company, higher ups, policies, lack of supervision and support
Vast changes should be communicated throughout the entirety of employees
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEFebruary 24, 2019
The location I worked at was great. The ladies would work together on anything that needed to be done. However, the company made a series of mistakes in regards to management. There was a HUGE gap for a long period of time that did not allow the frontline workers to report accordingly to the "chain of command." Then, because of all the changes, it became clear to most of us who have other jobs and lives outside of this establishment that they are gearing more toward "having this be your only job but we aren't going to pay more for your labor," rather than the supposed healthy work-life balance they initially stated would happen should one need a second job. They never included their frontline workers with the vast changes they are proposing and implementing. Instead, they are just expecting complete and total compliance and have even changed specific words and phrases in their job descriptions that essentially demote certain individuals who earned their titles, but legally and on paper didn't demote such individuals because their title and pay were not reduced; just their responsibilities they worked hard for and invested so much time into in the supposed "work advancement" they claim to have. The management at our location lacks, severely, interpersonal skills. She's VERY manipulative with her "degrees" and experience in HR to get away with painting individuals she does not see eye to eye with as someone they are not. She burdens her subordinates with guilt trips, always stating that she's missing meetings or should be in popular cities because she's "that good at  more... her job." She pins us between a rock and hard place, forcing us to do things we know could be perceived in a certain way, a way we would never produce such results as a means to "drive them out." And, because of the series of mistakes the company has made with two previous bosses and now on the third, they are desperate to keep her there and are therefore willing to stand behind her, when we do follow the chain of command appropriately with concerns or grievances, (exercising precautions and preventions before formal grievances need to be made) the subordinates are then given disciplinary actions for being "insubordinate." I will also make mention of the "break periods," or lack there of. I am not kidding when I say that what changes are being implemented many ladies at our location have stated they don't even have time to go to the restroom, eat, or grab a quick drink. Thankfully, I have learned to lay low on the radar to buy time to find something more suitable as this job has affected the income of my small business (working longer than expected), but this is what I have documented and observed for a mere three weeks since they hired this new management figure. I hope it changes before they lose their vibrant young workers who seem to be more appeasing to the students.  less
Pros
Team work
Cons
No breaks, poor pay, poor management
Good place to work but management needs to do a better job supporting her employees!!!
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Dell Rapids, SDJanuary 29, 2019
I loved this job and would still be there if I wasn't bullied by a school associate and the superintendent didn't bother addressing me but instead choose to address the bully!
Pros
Working with great school staff & kids
Cons
Manager needs to support staff!
Fun place to work with amazing coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJuly 11, 2018
A typical day for me would be to go to work at 10:30 and enjoy getting ready for a productive day with my supervisor and one other coworker. I worked with two very upbeat and amazing ladies. I loved serving the kids. The food options are healthy and diverse. The work atmosphere was a great one and I never left a day of work in a bad/unpleasant mood.
Pros
Free lunches, great work atmosphere, amazing coworkers
Cons
All employees help each other to get job done.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  York, NEJuly 6, 2018
I work for Lunchtime Solution at Public Schools in York Nebraska.
Its a very busy job and you have to work quick and work as a team I enjoy working at Lunch time solution very organize company and clean. But I need a full time job with health benifits.
Pros
great team !!!
Cons
I need health benifits
Worked well with my school schedule and my children
INTERN (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 21, 2018
It is a good place to work if you have children in school and not daycare after school. Since I was also going to school to get my degree they were very willing to accommodate to my school schedule and worked around it.
Deceptive and deceitful all the way from the top.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MNApril 21, 2018
I worked for LS in Lake City, MN at the high school. The job description and number of hours were not what was told to me. Nobody gives you a straight answer when asking questions. Everyone walks on eggshells so as not to "make the supervisor upset" and she walks around most of the day talking to herself saying, "I've gotta be nice today". The supervisor prepares too many sandwiches EVERY day so she reheats and serves dried out chicken sandwiches the next day which parents are paying for not knowingly.
Pros
Free food
Fast paced
Kitchen Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, SDFebruary 1, 2018
Non stop on your feet craziness. very fast paced. What I learned was to bite my tongue when the kids are rude and unmannered. Smile and be happy. School lunchroom is the most hectic place on earth. The hardest part of my job was making sure the kids took the right amount of servings per government guidelines. The most enjoyable part of my job was deffinantly the kids.
Pros
friendly people to work with.
Cons
no breaks but got to eat if something left over before we did kitchen cleanup.
Excellent environment to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 26, 2017
I organized new employee files for the current school year, entered data into Quickbooks and reorganized all personnel files in file room. Once completed I entered the yearly budget into Quickbook.for the Finance Department. This was a temporary job for 2 weeks but they found more work for me to be employed for 2 months. This was a relaxed but professional environment that I felt very comfortable working. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Friendly, kind and courteous. They made you feel welcome every day and had going away party and lunch on my last day.
Pros
free coffee, creamer and beverages in refrigerator....chef would make lunches and bring in for us to sample
Enjoyable Job
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEMarch 30, 2017
Working for Lunchtime Solutions was a great experience. I got to work with amazing women and learn a lot about the school lunch and breakfast program. I loved being able to serve children their meals and teach them manners at the same time.
Pros
Shorter work days
Cons
No lunch break
Working with kids
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SD 57049January 23, 2017
A typical day working at lunchtime Solution would be serving kids lunch getting to know the kids and work place. I learned how the school lunches are prepped and served.
Pros
Making new friends and learning new experiance
Cons
That it was a seasonal job
Great company to work for other than no benefits
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 23, 2013
Great place to work just could not find a place to live. Small college town and very difficult to find rental property in and around area. Lunchtime Solutions was great company to work for but their pay scale was very low for the position. Not much chance for advancement and really no benefits other than Aflac. They did not have a major medical plan at all. The management was great and very good on employee training and development. Communication throughout the company was excellent and they were good at helping reach your goals.
Pros
flexalble schedule
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lunchtime Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.