Lund Food Holdings, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Serious potential, squandered...
Employee at the Corporate Support Office (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 12, 2017
I love the idea of what we do – Lunds & Byerlys is a preeminent force within the market, and for over 75 years, we've made it look effortless to the customer. However, for all the beauty without, there's little beauty within. That is to say, while one would expect to encounter organization and professionalism in our corporate setting, instead, it's mostly silos, dysfunction, lack of transparency, and ego. Poor leaders are not held accountable for neither the negative financial outcomes associated with their decisions, nor the way they make direct reports feel. We could be even greater, but nobody seems to want to ask the tough questions or address the bad behaviors of some of our senior managers. What a shame.
Pros
Beautiful stores
Cons
Dysfunction, double-speak, lack of professionalism
you have to work as fast as you can because of no manpower no time to do whats best for the customer
deli cook (Former Employee) –  penfeild stpaulOctober 23, 2014
lunds penfeild is not a place to work the store is not doing as much business as they planned and to make up for it they cut manpower and expect everyone to do the work of two or three people and they only hire part time with no chance of full time Im not scared to work hard but for only 27 hours a week or less forget it the store is also top heavy plenty of managers walking around doing nothing and not enough real workers to do the hard work
Pros
non
Lunds and Byerlys rocks!
Business Professional (Current Employee) –  EdinaJanuary 10, 2013
Working at this company is a pleasure. The people work hard and laugh often. It is challenging and rewarding. I'm proud to be a part of it.
Pros
the company culture is friendly and welcoming
A company with excellent values and culture
Professional (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisDecember 21, 2012
I enjoy working with this group of people, it is an environment that fosters professional growth as well as personal growth. Employees are not just numbers, they are a part of a diverse group of people committed to creating sensational experiences for others.
Pros
culture, values, ethics, development opportunities