LUNDA CONSTRUCTION COMPANY Employee Reviews

productive and enjoyable work
Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 15, 2017
In a typical day at work, i prepare and maintain sketches,maps,reports and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe ,certify and assumed liability for work performed.
With over 15 years working experience, a lot of things have been, including making arrangements and schedule meetings to solve issues in cost effective and timely manner to meet certain deadlines and stay under budgets,being able to deliver comprehensive diagrams, detailed maps,working drawings and charts to satisfy project needs.
Negotiated contracts with vendors
Teamwork is the workplace culture
The hardest part of the job is hazards and obstacles in underground when using surveying instruments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is work is done before deadlines
Pros
Teamwork and vehicle allowances
Cons
Frequent dismissals
Good working envoirment I learned a lot from my foreman an other employees.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Coates, MNApril 18, 2017
My three years working at Lunda was a good different experience. I have done laborer type before but never with bridges. I definitely got over my fear of heights fast. I learned to work an get the job done under pressure an meet deadlines.
Hard-working, small-town company
Senior Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIJuly 28, 2015
Lunda Construction Company is an older (in generation and in longevity) company, but is well respected in the construction industry. They are very successful at bridge construction and giving back to their community in Black River Falls, Wisconsin. Management knows what they are doing, but doesn't over work anyone who doesn't volunteer to do so. There is very little corporate involvement, so it is a "long-leash" environment in that respect, too.
Pros
1 hour lunch, easy-going culture, upper management leadership, relaxed on time off
Cons
Outdated, "Old-School", low amounts of current technology
Large Company recently purchased by large Public Company.
Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Worked wit a lot of large construction equipment from many different manufacture. Equipment varied in age from the late 50's to brand new.
A great place to work like working with family. Never boring always something different and new.
Journeyman welder/ fabricator. (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 28, 2013
A typical day would be show up get your job and prints set up and cut and grind parts tack weld them together check measurements and make sure everything is correct then weld clean and paint.
Co- workers are friendly and helpful we all work together knowing we all have the same goal. getting job done and giving our company a good name in the industry.
Pros
Excellent work enviorment.
Cons
none.
Good Company
Railroad Specialty Maintenance Crew Member/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIDecember 21, 2013
Lot of Out of State travel for long periods of time.
Good company to work for with good pay.
Supervisors and co-workers work well to get jobs done timely.
Work equals Life
Crane Operator / Oiler (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 16, 2013
I worked for Lunda for several years and watched it change from a locally owned company to a large multinational conglomerate. During the transition period I watched many of my co-workers decide to switch or change careers because of the management shake up. There was a shift of core values that was very noticeable after the company was bought out a few years ago. Hard work was always praised but now it is becoming at the expense of personal health and safety. Promotions are given to the younger and less experienced personnel who are willing to let the company come before themselves or their families. Because of this I decided to leave the company.

My co-workers for the most part are good guys not people I would invite over to my home after work but they are generally tolerable. Working together constantly in close spaces requires good communication. Almost all workers in this company have extensive communication training.

The best part about working for Lunda was the feeling of accomplishment after a job was finished. There are so many projects I had been on in those years I worked with them, building infrastructure really ties you to your State and community.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Lots of Overtime, Safety is a minor concern