Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurants Employee Reviews

Fun and productive.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at Lupe Tortilla would be fast-paced, but still room for fun, taking care of customers and giving them a great experience. I learned that although you have to work hard, you can still have fun. The management was good, there will always be problems with some people, but overall, the environment is great.
No me gusta
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 1, 2018
Ellos piensan que los trabajadores son máquinas , los mismos trabajadores son muy malos con la gente que está llegando
stressful overall
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
high pressure situations and a lack of leadership. when things would go wrong the management would not have your back. They would see you struggling and still allow it to continue
Competitive
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great company to work for with solid core values. My reasons on leaving are completely personal and will recommend Lupe Tortilla to anyone! Good luck though! It is tough to get in!
Pros
Food/Beverage Allowance
Cons
No 401k and lack of work/home life balance
Fast Paced - Engaging Environment
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
Lupe Tortillas has always been a fast paced restaurant with a proclivity for good food and good service. At times the restaurants are crowded and loud, but at the same time they are fun environments. Working for Lupe Tortilla is always fair in a sense that you can expect to be praised for producing good results. Those in upper management give you every opportunity to succeed and preach that you will receive the tools you need to do the job, and if you don't have one you would like, only ask and they will see about getting it to you. Great company to work for that has a lot of opportunity for employee growth.
Pros
Above average compensation, food allowance
High pace frienly and fun environment
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
I enjoy interacting with our guests and knowing they are happy and enjoying their experience. We build valuable relationships within the community with our team and brand. Lupe Tortilla is a friendly and fun environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team members we work with.
Pros
Food and Beverage budget, Income
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great place to work. Growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement. I have been with this company for fourteen years and plan on retiring with this company.
The Standard
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
This company prides itself in being the standard for our industry and has a great culture that anyone should want to work for, It provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and pay increases if you meet your performance expectations which are clearly outlined and very tangible.
Great place to make a career
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great Place to work with Great opportunity for quick advancement. Requires dedication and career minded individual with a desire to be the best at what you do
Quality annd Freshness Driven Restaurant
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2018
If you are passionate for quality of product and service you will enjoy working here. It is competitive with high expectations. The company is focused on their people, products, and environment.
Pros
Food and Alcohol Allowance
Fun, Great Learning Experience, Ability to move up
Area Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great company to work for. Started as a server back in 2009 and currently in charge of 5 Houston restaurant as an Area Managing Partner. Learning new things every day which help me become a better leader and gives me opportunity to coach and teach others and see them grow.
Pros
Competitive Fast Pace Rewarding
productive and ran very efficientley with a very lively environment to dine and work in
HOST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2018
While working at Lupe Tortilla there were times where the store would have a very relaxed environment which gave me time to clean and organize so the restaurant would look appeasing to the eyes of the customers. We also had a peak during the day and at night and during those times i would have to multi-task while giving an excellent experience for the customers. I learned how to handle angry customers in a mature and efficient manner, and help wherever needed (running out of rolled silverware, dirty tables, birthday party décor, etc.) while also being a host. One main thing i loved about working here was that the managers were very understanding and helped you achieve the hours you desired. The environment of this restaurant was admirable because the music and friendly customer service made it an enjoyable time for the guests as well as employees.
Pros
discounted lunches, excellent management, clean workplace
Cons
hour shortages
Common Restaurant franchise
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2018
Nothing out of the ordinary with this company except for the fact that they really like to hire from within. Besides that I was only a server for a short amount of time and cant say anything else least i give the wrong impression (whether that be good or bad)
A day at Lupe
Server/Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2018
Shifts at Lupe Tortilla for a server are around five hours, they are simple if you know what you're doing. However, Lupe Tortilla seems to hire a lot of older servers. The tipshare percentage is high, its at 4% and sometimes you tip out around $50-$60.

Managers are okay, very friendly but not the most efficient.
Pros
Short Shifts/ No side work
Cons
High tipshare %
“Es pretty baaad”
Server (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Managers are rude and condescending. Scheduling is a nightmare, you’re given one schedule and god help you if you need a day off for an emergency, management plays no role in accommodating schedules after your done training. This chain has a lot of quirks that go against their “standards”. Corporate is big on making a serving job harder than it needs to be. The money can be good but it’s not as good as management lead me to believe. Tip share is 4% and it’s not worth it. Worst bussers I’ve ever seen. It’s obvious 1/2 the team in corporate has never waited tables or even worked in a restaurant. I Would not recommend working for Lupe Tortilla.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful, under appreciated
Stressful company. Favoritism and poor management
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Only place ive worked in where I don't feel comfortable with the management. Very sketchy and also the managers do not stay professional and try to be too close with you and get offenddd easily if you're not "buddy-buddy" with them. Care more about coworker drama than going out and talking to the guests
Good server job, not for Dining room coordinators
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The dining room coordinators do not get paid enough for the work and stress you have to deal with, but servers make pretty good money so I'd recommend doing that. Management was ok, definitely could be better.
Good place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2017
The people are good there but management could be better. Not to much favoriting and most try to be fair. Strict when it comes to being on time but understanding in certain situtations.
Tex Mex Restaurant
To-Go/Cocktail/Server (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 6, 2017
A regular shift at Lupe Tortilla will always have a complication, something always goes wrong, someone always gets mad, someone always argues, and believe me if I say it's the staff, not the guest. I learned that the work environment at Lupe Tortilla was not to be there to make friends but to be your own person and mind your own business, as wells as stay out of people's way. I was never able to grow within the company, I never felt safe, or secured there. The management was not as poorly as many people would imagine. They listen to you, they hear you out, and they help you in any way they can. The hardest part of the job is having to comfort co workers that bring their personal feelings into the work. Your personal business should never affect your skills in a job. The most enjoyable part of Lupe Tortilla is being able to interact with customers that love our food and appreciate the hard work many people put to satisfy their needs and make them feel like coming three times a week is perfectly fine.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Benefits, hours.
managers aren't so great but great guest
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXOctober 5, 2017
It's mostly a relaxed environment if you can get over your managers not being so great. The guests are always great and they tip well and its an easy menu to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.