Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurants Employee Reviews

Productive shifts, Strict environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 13, 2018
A day at work was fast paced and consisted of serving multiple people and providing them with awesome customer service. I learned more about how to communicate with guest better and learned how to make an experience the best.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cant request off
Chase the carrot or go home
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
After being in the company for years, I will say I am appreciative of the opportunity I was given at Lupe. Unfortunately Mission Statement of people first is inaccurate. The company has been changing rapidly, constant adjustments with little communication, to penalizing management commission every chance they get. From overtimes hours being directly deducted, to trash overfill charges. The company is currently in a pretty substantial manager turnover, including Managing Partners. In my couple years with Lupe Tortilla I worked under 10 different Managing Partners, More than half of which quit the company. If you work with a good MP then everything will be wonderful, but they are rare and few in the company nowadays. Fight for a high base pay, biweekly bonuses are not as thrilling as they sound, or as achievable.
Be prepared to fight for promotions and advancement, I have seen many managers be strung along for years at the promises of becoming MP some stuck it out and were rewarded after 2 years or doing the work without the pay. Others passed and moved on to other opportunities.
You have two choices, Bleed Lupe, or ride it out until something better comes along.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Server (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXNovember 27, 2018
Management and corporate management are absolutely awful. Long work hours and no compensation. Employees commonly cussed at by management, physical altercations between employees common
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
Built strong relationships with co-workers and customers from various backgrounds
• Handled fast-paced and high stress environments
• Received multiple awards for achieving the highest sales
Fun, fast paced
Server/Bartender/Floor (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 12, 2018
The days go by fast here. The money to be made is endless, especially in The Woodlands, TX area. The company takes care of its people if you are ever in need of time off

You can get better sections if you excel and prove you're capable of handling them. Always more potential to make more money.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
short breaks, going home smelling like fajitas.
Fun place to work at. Loved the entire staff.
Dining Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
It was great working at Lupe Tortilla. I learned so many things and all my managers were great. We all became a family. This was my first real hosting job and because of the awesome management team Lupe had I learned things I never knew about. I become more of a professional because of them.
Good staff, bad management
Server (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXNovember 3, 2018
The management says they have your back, but in reality aren't for their employees at all. A typical day at work includes doing everything for yourself because the staff doesn't help out. The workplace culture is "we are the standard" and the management does not follow through with that.
Pros
The relationships, nice breaks
An Average Server at Lupe Tortilla
Front of House Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
Working as a Server at Lupe Tortilla is an average experience. If you worked at a Mexican Restaurant, this is no different. The management is decent at best. Although, many issues between staff isn't resolved by the management
Pros
Social Interactions
Cons
Discounted Lunch, Small Restaurant, Poor Management
Fun and productive.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at Lupe Tortilla would be fast-paced, but still room for fun, taking care of customers and giving them a great experience. I learned that although you have to work hard, you can still have fun. The management was good, there will always be problems with some people, but overall, the environment is great.
Great if you don't move to bartending
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lupe in Arbor Walk. As a server only. Once I became a bartender it all went downhill. You do the most amount of work for a decrease in pay. The bar manager treats employees awful. If you get hired to serve its great because their is no side work. Your teammates help you take care of your tables . It's always busy and if you work hard you start getting as many tables as you can handle making that money!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. $
Cons
Don't bartend there.
No me gusta
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 1, 2018
Ellos piensan que los trabajadores son máquinas , los mismos trabajadores son muy malos con la gente que está llegando
stressful overall
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
high pressure situations and a lack of leadership. when things would go wrong the management would not have your back. They would see you struggling and still allow it to continue
Competitive
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great company to work for with solid core values. My reasons on leaving are completely personal and will recommend Lupe Tortilla to anyone! Good luck though! It is tough to get in!
Pros
Food/Beverage Allowance
Cons
No 401k and lack of work/home life balance
Fast Paced - Engaging Environment
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
Lupe Tortillas has always been a fast paced restaurant with a proclivity for good food and good service. At times the restaurants are crowded and loud, but at the same time they are fun environments. Working for Lupe Tortilla is always fair in a sense that you can expect to be praised for producing good results. Those in upper management give you every opportunity to succeed and preach that you will receive the tools you need to do the job, and if you don't have one you would like, only ask and they will see about getting it to you. Great company to work for that has a lot of opportunity for employee growth.
Pros
Above average compensation, food allowance
High pace frienly and fun environment
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
I enjoy interacting with our guests and knowing they are happy and enjoying their experience. We build valuable relationships within the community with our team and brand. Lupe Tortilla is a friendly and fun environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team members we work with.
Pros
Food and Beverage budget, Income
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great place to work. Growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement. I have been with this company for fourteen years and plan on retiring with this company.
The Standard
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
This company prides itself in being the standard for our industry and has a great culture that anyone should want to work for, It provides plenty of opportunity for advancement and pay increases if you meet your performance expectations which are clearly outlined and very tangible.
Great place to make a career
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great Place to work with Great opportunity for quick advancement. Requires dedication and career minded individual with a desire to be the best at what you do
Quality annd Freshness Driven Restaurant
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2018
If you are passionate for quality of product and service you will enjoy working here. It is competitive with high expectations. The company is focused on their people, products, and environment.
Pros
Food and Alcohol Allowance
Fun, Great Learning Experience, Ability to move up
Area Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
Great company to work for. Started as a server back in 2009 and currently in charge of 5 Houston restaurant as an Area Managing Partner. Learning new things every day which help me become a better leader and gives me opportunity to coach and teach others and see them grow.
Pros
Competitive Fast Pace Rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lupe Tortilla Mexican Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.