LUSA Associates / Ultima Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
LUSA Associates; subcontractor for Combined Technical Services
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMay 18, 2018
My four-month tour of duty with LUSA during the test of the Joint Logistics Tactical Vehicle was an exciting, satisfying and fulfilling experience. I found LUSA to be a well structured and cohesive organization and its leadership to be of high professional caliber.
Pros
Exciting work!
Cons
Duration of appointment is too short.
Great Benefits/Understaffed Management
Contractor USDA-NRCS (Former Employee) –  MississippiApril 10, 2018
I was a Contractor for a USDA-NRCS office. My coworkers were like one big family. Lots of planned and unplanned potlucks.
There are umpteen opportunities to learn and teach yourself about the USDA and NRCS programs and overall.
There is travel involved, from 15 miles to 200 miles from your home office.
LUSA has only two people in Management, the President and Vice President. Compared to the number of employees, management is grossly understaffed. They are unable to properly handle or even address any issues or concerns in a timely manner, if at all.

USDA, specifically the NRCS department is a great agency to work in. LUSA has secured awesome government contracts with great benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K & life insurance). Top management is unable to provide or handle employee concerns.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Client-USDA, No weekends
Cons
Understaffed Management, short breaks
data entry
COMPUTER OPERATER I, DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMarch 24, 2018
wonderful company to work for, great personal and atmosphere. excellent competitive pay. job is a temp job working an average sixty hours a week for four months.
Staffing company
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TNJanuary 19, 2018
I work for the USDA and the management there is wonderful. I can not talk about the management of Ultima because I have not worked with them very long. I do not agree with the redundancy or dual time keeping but I will do it for the job because the USDA is a wonderful place to work for.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
double work on timekeeping and micro managing
They didn't ask much of me at all; I was still in middle-high school
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 3, 2017
This was a very part time job in which I entered data into MS Excel. Not much to it, really, probably not a typical experience. There were no set hours. I was loaned a laptop and given a stack of applicants, and their data was entered into a spreadsheet.
Good Work Environment, Poor Management
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 2, 2016
Ultima Services gives their employees the space needed to stretch and hone their skills for their hired positions - no unnecessary deadlines needing to be met and they generally trust their employees to do a great job. The problem within the company arrives when said employees need assistance and contact company management - which seemingly consists of no more than two people: the president, and the vice president. Because there are only two people available to answer questions, they do not return calls or emails quickly or at all, possibly because they are flooded with other responsibilities. Lack of communication between management and employee is a constant problem, and can create a frustrating work experience.
flexibility
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Olivia, MN 56277October 27, 2016
Staff was great to work with, contract was pretty smooth and easy to move into the next contract company. Over all the contract was good, as always there are some things we dislike about contracts.
w
Financial Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSNovember 28, 2015
a government contracting company that provides direct and indirect services for several governmental departments. this is a small company that cares about their employees and treats them as family as well as ensuring that customer services are completed within the specifications of the contract.
nice job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2012
need more hands on communication. Nice pay but not really any benefits. 401K was offered but company never match and put anything in. Difficult issue was Ultima is not local, so hard to communicate. Always had to left voicemails.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a