LUSA Associates / Ultima Services Employee Reviews

Misleading from the start
Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 27, 2018
The job seemed fantastic in the interview. But BEWARE when they ask you how you handle downtime. You can be the most motivated person in the world, but even you will run out of cleaning and organizing soon and find yourself staring at the wall. I was interviewed for the wrong job AND sent to the wrong place. Downtime is ABSOLUTE, to the point where you literally are told take your time on everything, and still end up with nothing to do. What you are told you will be doing is wrong. The Company that the contract was with immediately told me half of the things I was told the Ultima's could do was wrong and absolutely not allowed with that government entity, There is a serious disconnect between the company and the government entity they have this specific contract with. The benefits seem great. but you pay through the nose for coinsurance and everything is limited. the discounts your insurance offers for things are never within a close enough range to actually get them. Their multiple documents regarding insurance and benefits contradict themselves. When I searched reviews, the biggest two complaints were the dual timekeeping, and response time from management. At first, management response was immediate, so i had no problem, but eventually they just didn't respond at all, or their responses would completely ignore the actual question. The dual timekeeping is ridiculous. Why have an online system, that seems to have issues, but then also make you record your time in a spreadsheet. They introduced a task keeping spreadsheet, with no instruction, that included mostly things that  more... we were not allowed to do, The people you worked with at the entity were not happy at all with Ultima, and would roll their eyes, or make comments, even to the point of making you afraid the contract would be cancelled soon and you had no job security. Even when they would introduce you as their "Ultima" it was almost like they had to spit the word out and it made you feel like all you were was a problem. And as for the entity I worked for, and the State, it wasn't just my office who felt that way, and no one hid the fact they were unsatisfied with the company. I worked hard, and followed the Ultima motto. Eventually I was trusted and known as a hard worker, but still was very limited on what was allowed. I finally had to leave because I not only could not afford to work there, but had nothing but obstacles in the way of doing my job on the side of the entity I worked for. If you are looking for an entry level job, and don't mind constant boredom and frustration, this is a great job. Just not for me. And maybe some of their other contracts are great jobs. Unfortunately for me, it was a constant battle, continuous feeling I wasn't wanted or needed but was forced on the entity, turned out to be a really bad career move.  less
Pros
Great job if you aren't motivated
Cons
If you are, it will break your will. Insurance is actually horrible, absolutely no possibility of advancement or longevity
LUSA Associates; subcontractor for Combined Technical Services
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMay 18, 2018
My four-month tour of duty with LUSA during the test of the Joint Logistics Tactical Vehicle was an exciting, satisfying and fulfilling experience. I found LUSA to be a well structured and cohesive organization and its leadership to be of high professional caliber.
Pros
Exciting work!
Cons
Duration of appointment is too short.
data entry
COMPUTER OPERATER I, DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMarch 24, 2018
wonderful company to work for, great personal and atmosphere. excellent competitive pay. job is a temp job working an average sixty hours a week for four months.
They didn't ask much of me at all; I was still in middle-high school
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 3, 2017
This was a very part time job in which I entered data into MS Excel. Not much to it, really, probably not a typical experience. There were no set hours. I was loaned a laptop and given a stack of applicants, and their data was entered into a spreadsheet.
Good Work Environment, Poor Management
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 2, 2016
Ultima Services gives their employees the space needed to stretch and hone their skills for their hired positions - no unnecessary deadlines needing to be met and they generally trust their employees to do a great job. The problem within the company arrives when said employees need assistance and contact company management - which seemingly consists of no more than two people: the president, and the vice president. Because there are only two people available to answer questions, they do not return calls or emails quickly or at all, possibly because they are flooded with other responsibilities. Lack of communication between management and employee is a constant problem, and can create a frustrating work experience.
flexibility
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Olivia, MN 56277October 27, 2016
Staff was great to work with, contract was pretty smooth and easy to move into the next contract company. Over all the contract was good, as always there are some things we dislike about contracts.
w
Financial Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSNovember 28, 2015
a government contracting company that provides direct and indirect services for several governmental departments. this is a small company that cares about their employees and treats them as family as well as ensuring that customer services are completed within the specifications of the contract.
nice job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2012
need more hands on communication. Nice pay but not really any benefits. 401K was offered but company never match and put anything in. Difficult issue was Ultima is not local, so hard to communicate. Always had to left voicemails.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a