Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 536 reviews matching the search See all 1,334 reviews
fun and chill workplace if you know your stuff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA 94304February 13, 2019
A lot to take in with memorizing products and benefits. Other than that its an easy job, if you're someone who likes to get hands on with customers. You definitely need to be confident in your product and the ingredients when selling.
Never Again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 13, 2019
i literally did not receive any hours while working here, they had favorites who they comstantly called into work. Even if you were great at the job they wouldn't call you in. No one cared about mental health even though they preached about it , that we were a family, we were told to, and i quote "leave it at the door" meaning leave your anxiety and depression at the door when you come into work. Yeah ok. Other than that they treated seasonals bad and talked horribly to them. Also they never gave 15's or 30's to people sometimes they would forget or push it off. I love lush don't get me wrong but working there wasn't what i was expecting at all. Wouldn't reccomend it at all.
Pros
free stuff, smelling good after work
Cons
no hours, inconsistent schedule, no breaks
Awesome Company to Work for
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Hope I can come back next holiday season. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Management team is awesome. A lot of in store incentives and in store interaction.
A Fun Free Spirited place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 8, 2019
I would usually walk in, make sure everything is organized and visually how it should be presented on the floor according to lush standards. I attended to patients needs, drive them to what they need and demonstrated the product.
I learned a lot about ingredients, how it affects our skin, and the beneficial properties of the products.
Management was fair and most of the time understanding. They were fun and great people to work with.
The culture was very self expressive and no judgement type of place.
The were nothing hard about working here.
the most enjoyable part was demonstrated the amazing products.
Best Company in the world!
Senior Key / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 8, 2019
seriously the best job I've ever had. I regret leaving every single day. such a beautiful company with a HUGE heart!

of course there's always some stores that might not have the strongest management but overall a great place to work!
Pros
50% off all products
Cons
very crowded store spaces in old concept shops.
Great Culture and coworkers
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Culture was great, boss is wonderful and so were the coworkers. What wasn't as nice was the low pay, varied hours, and no room for growth. I would stay working there if I can, but it is difficult to have a living wage working for the company.
Pros
discount, coworkers, boss, products
Cons
poor work life balance, low pay, no room for growth
Bad company culture
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole, UKFebruary 6, 2019
Competing directions from owners and lack of structure make it a difficult place to navigate and create a lot of stress for staff. People weren't sure of their roles in the company or where their careers were going.
Best place ever
Floor sales associate | Holiday (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO 80124February 5, 2019
I really enjoyed my time there and would go back in a heartbeat if it wasn’t soo far from me. This was my favorite job of all time, I loved the products and the people and even the customers
Pros
Discounts freebies
Cons
Very busy
was terrible when I worked there but i heard there has been a change in management
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 23, 2019
- inconsistent schedule
- never allowed to request time off
- horrible holiday hours
- push staff that makes customers uncomfortable
- the company pushes that they are all about grass root charities and veganism but the bottom line is all they care about is money they don't care about their employees
it is very fun environment
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2019
Working at Lush is amazing. It is definitely a one of a kind experience and would recommend to anyone. People who work there are fun, lovable, and kind.
Lush is amazing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I definitely would work here full time when an available potion becomes open. Lush not only is a fun place to work, you also meet people who share the same passion to change the peoples lives inside and out. Lush Cosmetics not only has excellent work ethnics, but has amazing core values on Charity Pot to help workers around the world, animal cruelty-free rights, and environmental organizations for a better cleaner world.
Pros
50% off products, friendly environment, flexible hours.
Cons
not enough open potions.
Wonderful place to work
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Very healthy and fun work environment, however it is still retail so the pay is not fantastic. Otherwise, this is an absolutely great place to work and meet awesome people!
a learning experience
Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 15, 2019
working for lush was such a learning experience. this job has made me an amazing sales woman while i still 100 percent believe in the product and in the message.
nice place to work
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 12, 2019
I loved the environment there. Everyone is so kind and helpful. It was a shame that it was only a seasonal position. It's a great retail place to start at.
Positive Place to Work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 11, 2019
I loved working with people who are as interested in global welfare as I am. Overall, an amazing company to work for. The staff was always friendly and comfortable like a family.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Lush is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. They are laid-back and consistent with coaching and learning opportunities. Overall the company is very involved with their employees.
Pros
Coaching and learning opportunities, Bonus incentives, Paid breaks
Cons
Overall great company with good quality values put in place
Sales Ambassador/ Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2019
All about customer satisfaction and making sure everyone has a great experience before they leave. We strive by word-of-mouth, meaning we want people to come in and experience being in the store to give first hand knowledge about how they actually felt after they left the store
Pros
Discounts and great staff that make you family
Cons
Short breaks, very little hours during the week
Inconsistent
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
LUSH is an amazing company with great values. The benefits offered are beyond what anyone could imagine. Unfortunately, the values are not seen in management positions. Store managers are extremely overworked and under appreciated. Salaries do not reflect the amount of time or work required for the position.
Pros
medical, dental, vision, Pto, 401k
Cons
salary and advancement
Love It
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I was hired as a seasonal sales ambassador. Everyone is so willing to help you learn all about the products and have no problem being pulled in when you don't know something. It is a relaxed and motivating environment. There are some competitions, but they are all in good fun.
Great morals but poorly run
Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Their California shops lack the authenticity and moral compass that their Canadian and European shops have. While the company’s morals are a wonderful reason to consider working for them and the discount is tempting, get to know management first. My most recent manager has been a dream but the 3 I had before that left something to be desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss