Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 492 reviews matching the search See all 1,212 reviews
Lush
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 19, 2018
Attentive customer quality is the name and going above and beyond for your customers is the game . Lots of opportunity to develop your skills sets to move upward within the company .
Pros
discount, MTF health care coverages .
Cons
non-paid half hour lunches .
I love working for a great company like lush but somethings need to change
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I do love working for Lush, but it has its downfalls. I'm a really hard worker and i fell that my store tends to take advantage of that. I have worked for Lush for almost 2 years and i remember within the first week of me working (i came on during the holidays) i was called in last minute almost everyday and pushed into areas I hadn't been fully trained in yet and didn't feel that confident in, and had to learn and assimilate REALLY quickly. I work really hard and push my self while checking with every customer and check them out while making samples, and demoing products, and using down time to restock and clean around the shop and even take out trash etc. Then i look around and see my coworkers that have been there for YEARS kind of just standing around, not really helping out much. Even when approached and told what to help out with on and change to help more, nothing really changes. I have talked to multiple people from other shops and almost all of them have agreed on having a problem like this. Also the inconsistency of the hours bothers basically everyone i work with and talked to. Right now I’m under Part time, but only get scheduled to work casual hours (about 10-15 hours a week). Then when Christmas comes i get over worked and scheduled about 40 + hours a week. Like i said, i love working for a great and ethically aware company like Lush and I love all the creative products, and i have made friends with basically everyone on staff (and a few customers!) but these problems are big ones that i know aren’t just at my shop. Lush spends all their time worrying about their  more... customers that sometimes they forget to think about the staff.  less
Pros
discount on products, samples to take and try, made amazing friends, learning about new ways to better the world and get involved with charities etc.
Cons
consistent hard work for almost no appreciation or acknowledgement, inconsistent hours
One of the best work environments I've ever been in
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2018
I spent collectively two years at LUSH, and loved every day of it. It is an environment of respect and love, and is very much a family-oriented type of job. The customer base is, for the most part, very regular and loyal, as well as being diverse. There is always something new to learn and sell, so there is a level of fluidity to the job and it is ideal for people who can handle an ever changing line of product.
However, there is little incentive to work outside of scheduled hours, as there's a tendency to outside hire for lower management positions rather than promote from inside. Hours are also very competitive and sometimes scarce. There is a lot to keep up with and it can be quite stressful, but compared to other retail jobs, LUSH definitely beats any other in terms of a friendly environment and a willingness to help from upper leadership if you ask for it.
Pros
Discounts, general culture
Cons
Lack of advancement inside shop, few active resources
Productive, fun, informative
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VASeptember 15, 2018
In my short time as a seasonal brand ambassador I met some pretty cool people. Not only friendly but very dedicated to the brand, it's values and providing excellent customer service!
A Great Spot to Develop Sales Talent
Sales Associate/Operations (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Wonderful people, wonderful ethics and amazing products! LUSH is held accountable by their employees and they care! Helpful feedback from upper management on how to improve performance.
Skils
Floor leader/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
At lush they hone your skill with not only knowledge oi the products and the ingredients they also teach out how to interact and sell to different personality types and make the experience for everyone unique and enjoyable.
I loved my job; just needed a bit more
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
The shop is always hopping; it's cheerful, colorful, upbeat music in the background, everyone's pretty happy, and there is always something to do. Everyday is crazy busy, especially on weekends and during the holidays but it's never too much.
Pros
Major discounts, fun atmosphere
Cons
Hard to move up
Holiday season is the best
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2018
Holiday season is the best time to work at Lush! you get a lot of hours and a lot of traffic. This makes for great customer interactions and a lively staff experience. During the regular season at Lush, in some shops, it can get pretty slow, which means less hours. It is easy to advance in the company, as long as the position is open and you are doing your best to strive for that position. Shifts can change quickly and call-ins happen often, so there may be more opportunities to make some more money
Pros
discount, paid vacation
Cons
redundancy
Excellent place for a Seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
During the holidays, Lush will hire groups of temporary employees. It's perfect for students on winter break and needing extra cash, or for people that just want a fun environment to spend their time in.
Great Place to work but no advancement opportunities
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Company has amazing values and treats their associates well. However, if you are a manager you're stuck. Company does not have means for much advancement.
Great place to work!
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
I loved every minute of working at Lush. Staff was always so friendly, store manager and MIT did a great job to ensure a comfortable work environment . Great training as well! Best training I have ever received from ANY company.
Pros
Pay, Bonus, Environment, Discounts
One of my favorite jobs, ever
Floor Leader and In-Store trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2018
Lush is a fun, fast-paced sales jobs that challenges you where it matters and supplements you, when you need it most. The staff is incredibly warm and professional and management is interested in your development!!! I loved working for this company and enjoyed every day there, even when it would be busy and the shop was filled with customers - the element of education over just plain selling was what made all the difference for me!
Fun coworkers and products, but still retail
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2018
More demanding and strategic than a typical retail job, Lush provides more to do with actual daily goals and tasks. This is either refreshing or draining, depending on your mood, feelings on customers, etc. I made great friends working there, and the managers were awesome. In the end, it's still retail so if you lean introverted it can begin to lose its appeal. It's not commission-based, and there are great opportunities for bonuses around holidays (the entire store gets bonuses in the form of dollar amounts added retroactively to hours worked that month).
Fun and a lot to learn
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2018
Generally fun environment, co-workers are great and helpful. You learn a lot about how natural things affect your skin and hair and it's really cool! The hardest part of the job, I would say, is getting used to managers popping into your sales and overwhelming you and your customer. The best part of the job is the relatively relaxed environment and the fun atmosphere. Plus, you come home smelling amazing!
Fun Job for an Ethical Company
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 29, 2018
Cleaning and conversation are the two things you are constantly doing. You learn a lot about skincare, ingredients, and environmental ethics. Great discounts, with a bonus at the end of every month.
Pros
Great company, discounts, no commission, collaborative bonus, fun atmosphere
Cons
No set schedule
Fun job, but no room for advancement.
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 24, 2018
Lush is a fun company and very are very open to feedback. There are not a lot of hours, and there are no full time positions available so career advancement is minimal. The pay is okay, but for a company that prides themselves on being so ethical, it is not a high enough wage to live on without additional income. They also expect you to be on call at all times. Overall, if you are just looking for a fun and fast paced part time job, I would highly recommend. Ideal for students.
Pros
Staff disocunt
Cons
no healthcare for part time employees, and no full time positions available.
Good company that I genuinely enjoyed working for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 20, 2018
Everyday was an experience at Lush, communication was always crucial between the managers and employees. During my time with lush, I usually greeted, and consulted customers, demoed products, kept up shop floor appearances, etc. Management was strong, but at times varied depending on the manger in question. The hardest part for me was making and pushing for sales, but the most enjoyable part was the customer satisfaction and interactions.
Pros
Great product knowledge, fun, accepting environment, gratis
Cons
short breaks, low wages
Fast paced and fun
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
This job was really fun to have. They really developed our interpersonal skills and really gave us a lot of support in really getting to know our strengths and reaching our goals. The only bad thing I would have to say about this is that for one small period right before I left, the company hired a lot of people from the outside instead of a lot of hard workers from the inside. It made it very different, which was good to get a different perspective in the sales aspect but it definitely left a lot of gaps because this job requires a lot of education and years of experience to move up
Pros
Fast paced, very fun, awesome discount
Cons
short breaks, a little hard to advance
Fast paced yet fun environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
You gain the skills to talk personably and still be able to sell items to customers while still being yourself. Can be high demanding job during holiday season, but the work atmosphere is energizing. Hardest part of the job can be multi tasking and making sure every single customer is met with their needs. Slower paced shops are a bit more relaxed.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Not enough available hours, hard to move up
Love the job, Not the location
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
I honestly had a wonderful time working for lush for almost two years, however, its location at the airport was quite taxing and ultimately why I chose to take a break. I plan on returning for the holidays but definitely at a different location.
Pros
Discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight