Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 463 reviews matching the search See all 1,145 reviews
Excellent
FLOOR LEADER/PARTY PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2018
-Building rapport
-Going above and beyond in service aptitude
-exceptional shop floor awareness
-ensure customer satisfaction
-Exceeding in the EC’s of selling
-Leadership skills
-Event Planner
informative, upbeat, but takes a long time to progress and poor management break the shop.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 8, 2018
Having great management with a supportive staff allows for an upbeat environment while poor management drives everyone out. Great products and ethics as a company. Innovate products that work!
Pros
samples, great employee discount
Cons
no benefits unless you're full time and becoming a full time employee takes years. low on hours.
Fun place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2018
Overall Lush is an excellent company to work for
Management is horrible in ABQ, NM
Creates a hostile work environment
Management like to terminate and replace when they get tired
Management is typically at the root of drama in the store
Pros
Amazing company, exciting to meet new people and share the company’s values
Cons
Store manager
One of the worst jobs I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 1, 2018
The managers don't care if you got bills to pay you'll only get 6 hours a week tops and paid $12 an hour. You have to be happy 24/7 and the customers are not normally the best ( sometimes you get a nice person.) If you want to feel horrible, do way too much to get paid nothing, and know that you'll never be worth anything to them then go for it. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB!
Pros
you smell like lush and you get 50% off all producs
Cons
the management is awful and it exhausting
Quick Paced, Toxic Environment
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 29, 2018
This has been the job I've excelled at and toiled away to make the shop successful, but have been worn down and disrespected along the way. Fast-paced and fun at first so it is easy to become disillusioned, stay and see that management truly seems not to care. Higher level employees look down upon sales staff and do not like to give benefits to employees. Availability agreement is an absolute joke. Made lifelong friendships along the way, but don't waste your time unless you're alright with sacrificing time with family, sanity, and your soul just to sell some soap.
Pros
discount
Cons
healthcare, management, no room for growth
Organized and energetic team with great management
Holiday Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 27, 2018
A typical day at work would include a good rotation in stations such as cashier, floor leader, sales floor, runner, inventory room, and demonstrations of products. The management instructions were very clear and the floor system was well organized with a statistics board in which we gathered as a team to review and strategize our days sales goals. The managers trusted employees with all responsibilities and really allowed room for growth within the workplace. I would say the hardest part of the job would be organizing the stockroom, it was just so small. The most enjoyable part of the job was the energy and relationships, everyone always had a smile on their face and was so happy to be working together as a team.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast regionJune 23, 2018
A fantastic company to work for. The typical retail stressors are present within the position, however the support, compensation, and extras are unparalleled.
amazing
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2018
the most fun and kind accepting place to work, excellent values and an amazing company. I love working a job where i truly believe in all the products and the ethics and values behind them
Buena
Empacadora (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
Sorry espanol bien no e trabajado en ella pero me dicen que es una compania estable
Pros
Lunes
Cons
Viernes
Fun but Pushy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
The job was good for seasonal but I wouldn't want to work there for a long time, I personally didn't enjoy how pushy I had to be towards the customers. Even if the customer didn't need help I had to be talking to them, recommending products, informing, and when they would tell me they wanted to look around I had to be within five feet of them in case they had a question. This is just Lush's policy. Management was amazing, they really cared for you.
Wonderful while it lasted!
Floor Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 19, 2018
Lush creates an awesome, welcoming work environment where it can truly feel like a safe space. They encourage self expression, self love and acceptance of all. I believe in the product and I believe in the company. Lush is actively doing things for environmental conservation, animal activism, LGBTQ, and human rights, all while serving up some incredible skin and hair care. I will continue to buy all of my favorites even though I’ll miss that 50% off!
Lush does NOT create enough full time positions or offer enough hourly to have the expectations they do, though. I was often left to open and close the shop by myself, which is easily a 2-3 person job depending on the day. Holidays suck. At the end of the day, it’s retail.
Pros
Occasional free product, great training, fun work environment, transparency throughout management and staff
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, favoritism runs rampant, lots of heavy lifting
N/a
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Hourly Read - Communicating hourly sales and successes with teammates to motivate associates.
Helicopter View - Awareness of the shops energy and ensuring customer interactions are occurring in a timely manner.
Downtime Training - Brainstorming and on the spot role playing with associates to increase productivity as well as product knowledge education to be up to date on new products.
Downtime Direction and Tasking - Making executive decisions based off of sales and other criteria on whether associates should be tasking or being proactive to drive sales.
Feedback and On-the-Spot Coaching - Identifying associates’ unique strengths and giving motivational commentary when observing positive behaviors.
Hiring Fairs/HR - Skills on public speaking and finding the right candidates with unique job skills to create a well-rounded team.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great company
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 14, 2018
Lush is an amazing company to work for. They really look out for their employees and are true to their beliefs. You get a lot of free stuff, paid training, and an amazing discount. However, it's a very competitive place to work and can become very overwhelming. If you don't have the personality to be in someone's face 24/7 then this isn't the company for you.
Pros
discounts, company beliefs, fair treatment
Cons
aggressive sales techniques
Amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
Lush's philosophy is more of being there for your customer than attempting to sell their products. They are founded off caring advice and sincerity. The company exactly tells you to get personal with your customer through consultations so that it can be more rewarding on their part, and also yours.
Just Great!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
O loved my manager and co-workers. It could get stressful sometimes but you always have your co-workers there for support. The pay was $10hr but for what you are doing it is not bad. Advancement usually requires the ability to relocate.
Fun, but Fast-Paced
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 11, 2018
Working at Lush is very fun when you support their brand and have a desire to add to it. I loved working their and unfortunately couldn't work past being seasonal. Management is okay, but pushes upselling and discriminated against people based on age. I was told kids in the store were not "Real Customers"
Pros
Discounts, fun team to work with
Cons
Management, not and not many benefits for seasonal
Management Leave a lot to be desired.
Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
LUSH is a great company, with great core values. It's is a generous company (employee discount, benefits for full time employees, and charitable givings) however it seems there is a huge disconnect between HQ and shop floors.

LUSH is a VERY demanding work place. Many shoppers are direct and want to be left alone, but we are required to ask as many questions to "break down the walls" that a customer puts up. There is NO work life balance as some managers require specific hours for each employee.

The management team run a muck. They gossip and complain about their employees without ever addressing what an employee may have done. Development and advancement is VERY slow, and if you are NOT one of their favorites you are out of luck. Favoritism and bullying seems to be a standard in many shops. Many employees choose to leave because of how they are being treated.
Pros
50% Discount, benefits, 401k
Cons
poor management, very demanding, no work/life balance
Great, Mostly
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 7, 2018
I felt that the culture at Lush generally embraced diversity and emphasized transparency in communication with customers and employees.

However, to work there, you must be EXCEPTIONAL at customer service and selling people things and you very much have to have a certain personality.
Pros
accepting culture and transparent communication
Cons
can be taxing to put on a certain face at all times
Fun & Friendly
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 6, 2018
Lush is by far the best company that I have ever worked for! They have such a fun, inviting, and welcoming atmosphere that you will actually look forward to going to work, and they do such great things for our world that it is a place that you can truly be proud to work at!
Pros
great training, welcoming in so many ways, 50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
Lush Life is a Hard Life
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 6, 2018
This is a company I truly believe in, it's too bad that the management at my shop was so unaccepting of the needs of other people, and only communicated negativity. I wanted to love it here, and I am glad I worked here. I would love to work for LUSH again, but only under different management.
They only seemed interested in promoting their friends, and didn't actually use the working styles guide like they would pretend they did.
Rarely were employees told they were doing well, they would only focus on negatives in reviews.
Pros
management style, inconsistent hours
Cons
great people, great discount, fun environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight