Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Found 507 reviews matching the search See all 1,263 reviews
If you're American don't expect to move up
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 11, 2018
Once you hit the shop manager position there is nowhere to go from there. All the amazing upper level positions are held by Canadians (the companies North American office is there), and thus unless you're a Canadian or UK citizen you aren't going to get very far.

Being a woman working here is difficult, there are definitely double standards. Get ready to be scrutinized on your every move while watching your male counterparts rise with half the effort.

HR policies only apply to some, frustrating overall.
Pros
paid travel to meeting 4 times a year, sometimes abroad
Cons
hard to move up, extreme favoritism, Lots of red tape.
not the best
Professional Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 4, 2018
Its good and all if you like the products, they give you 50% off. However, the pay isnt that great below minimum wage no vacation and shift are only 4 hours if you arent a lead.
fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 29, 2018
While working at Lush I learned a load of different products and all their benefits! I Loved the atmosphere, it was a fun first job and I would love to work for the company again one day.
Intense sales floor
Sales consultant and visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 14, 2018
Great products that I stood behind but their sales approach is too aggressive and annoying to most customers. They push you to know multiple things about strangers lives to get them to open up which is great for some people but I personally didn’t enjoy prying into peoples lives
Pros
Bonus and discount
Cons
Hours and lack of stability and hourly pay
You must have a passion for the Brand and what we stand for
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 23, 2018
I started as a customer. Then once I was in need of a job, I was told to attend a hiring fair. The staff were really nice, and I immediately felt wanted by everyone.
Pros
You meet a lot of cool people
Fun workplace! Intense environment.
Seasonal Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 17, 2018
This was without a doubt one of the best jobs I ever had. But the level of micromanagement there was ridiculous, atleast for us seasonal people. The "core" staff could group off and chit chat whenever but us temporaries could barely greet each other hello on the sales floor. They acted like we were selling million dollar cars instead of seven dollar pieces of soap. It could get intense.
I once had a lady literally ask me to leave her alone to shop and my manager made me trail her around the store because my job wasn't done until I either made her try on some lotion or buy something... If it wasn't for that I'd probably still be working there.
Pros
Great employee discounts, Great Job Training, Free Products, Fun work environment, Encouragement of Individuality
Cons
Micromanagement, Favoritism
Good Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 16, 2018
The job was very fun and I worked with some very cool, very friendly people. It never really felt like the normal drudgery of work, because it was a fun environment.
Stressful and low paying job
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2018
Management is supportive depending on the location you work in, however its next to impossible to get full time or benefits. The pay is super low and the work is insanely stressful.
Conscious Creative Company
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTOctober 12, 2018
LUSH is passionate about ending cosmetic testing on animals, working with local and global charities, as well as innovating environmentally friendly products that are fun and easy to use. Those reasons are why I joined the company. I was brought on as a part-time Floor Lead with the promise of being full-time 2 months after starting. The process was slow, however, because just the hiring process alone took two months, with a lot of my time being spent wondering if they still wanted to hire me. The hiring managers would take weeks to respond, which left me feeling disheartened. I left LUSH because I was nothing more than a glorified sales advisor. My managers never took my development seriously, so I was never trained to be the title I was hired to be. Instead of being full-time I worked about 8 hours a week even after the date I was supposed to be full-time. I felt unwanted, regardless of how much I wanted to be a part of the culture, company, and team.
Pros
50% off merchandise
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful Company
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR, FLOOR LEADER, & TRAINER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2018
Lush is a great company to work for if you have the opportunity. They are progressive and forward-thinking, always prioritizing their values over senselessly making money. Most importantly, they will develop you and teach your valuable skills you can apply to jobs for years to come.
Fun place to work at with the right management
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 5, 2018
I assisted customers with products, including but not limited to demonstrations, product knowledge, sampling, and linking to similar options. I also coordinated inventory ordering, receiving, organization, and freshness with a team under my direction. Trained new hires and groomed sales associates for promotion. Assisted customers with transactions including specialized transactions like returns, employee purchases, and special discounts. I received extensive training in skincare, haircare, and body products designed to suit a variety of needs, both standard and special.
Pros
great discount, free product, fun atmosphere, great company ethics
Cons
short breaks, high energy, poor management
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTOctober 4, 2018
Fun workplace with energetic environment, flexible work schedule, product knowledge classes provided and great way to give back with a great company service
Company with great morals behind it
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2018
Lush is a very innovative company that has a lot of growth potential for those who align with their ethics. They are also a campaigning company, which is an amazing way for bring political and social change into a cosmetics realm.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
I was a sales associate at Lush Cosmetics. In a typical day, I would work on the cash register, stock certain items in the store, and keep the store clean and safe.
A Great Spot to Develop Sales Talent
Lush Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Wonderful people, wonderful ethics and amazing products! LUSH is held accountable by their employees and they care! Helpful feedback from upper management on how to improve performance.
Pros
Discounts
Lush
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 19, 2018
Attentive customer quality is the name and going above and beyond for your customers is the game . Lots of opportunity to develop your skills sets to move upward within the company .
Pros
discount, MTF health care coverages .
Cons
non-paid half hour lunches .
I love working for a great company like lush but somethings need to change
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I do love working for Lush, but it has its downfalls. I'm a really hard worker and i fell that my store tends to take advantage of that. I have worked for Lush for almost 2 years and i remember within the first week of me working (i came on during the holidays) i was called in last minute almost everyday and pushed into areas I hadn't been fully trained in yet and didn't feel that confident in, and had to learn and assimilate REALLY quickly. I work really hard and push my self while checking with every customer and check them out while making samples, and demoing products, and using down time to restock and clean around the shop and even take out trash etc. Then i look around and see my coworkers that have been there for YEARS kind of just standing around, not really helping out much. Even when approached and told what to help out with on and change to help more, nothing really changes. I have talked to multiple people from other shops and almost all of them have agreed on having a problem like this. Also the inconsistency of the hours bothers basically everyone i work with and talked to. Right now I’m under Part time, but only get scheduled to work casual hours (about 10-15 hours a week). Then when Christmas comes i get over worked and scheduled about 40 + hours a week. Like i said, i love working for a great and ethically aware company like Lush and I love all the creative products, and i have made friends with basically everyone on staff (and a few customers!) but these problems are big ones that i know aren’t just at my shop. Lush spends all their time worrying about their  more... customers that sometimes they forget to think about the staff.  less
Pros
discount on products, samples to take and try, made amazing friends, learning about new ways to better the world and get involved with charities etc.
Cons
consistent hard work for almost no appreciation or acknowledgement, inconsistent hours
One of the best work environments I've ever been in
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 17, 2018
I spent collectively two years at LUSH, and loved every day of it. It is an environment of respect and love, and is very much a family-oriented type of job. The customer base is, for the most part, very regular and loyal, as well as being diverse. There is always something new to learn and sell, so there is a level of fluidity to the job and it is ideal for people who can handle an ever changing line of product.
However, there is little incentive to work outside of scheduled hours, as there's a tendency to outside hire for lower management positions rather than promote from inside. Hours are also very competitive and sometimes scarce. There is a lot to keep up with and it can be quite stressful, but compared to other retail jobs, LUSH definitely beats any other in terms of a friendly environment and a willingness to help from upper leadership if you ask for it.
Pros
Discounts, general culture
Cons
Lack of advancement inside shop, few active resources
Productive, fun, informative
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VASeptember 15, 2018
In my short time as a seasonal brand ambassador I met some pretty cool people. Not only friendly but very dedicated to the brand, it's values and providing excellent customer service!
A Great Spot to Develop Sales Talent
Sales Associate/Operations (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 13, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight