Lute Supply

Working at Lute Supply: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

payworkcompanyjobemployeedaymanagementgood

The work is great, the management is not

The management thinks that cussing, throwing things, yelling at people and talking down to people is ok and professional. This work is very easy, rewarding, and fun. However, the management puts going to work as a terrible thing. If you leave a job crying on more than one occasion because of the boss, there is a problem.

This place is changing for the better!

I am a current employee, and I know Lutes has had a bad wrap for years but it is really improving! Pay has went up and the environment is positively changing for the better!

Lute Supply insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

I don't recommend this job to anyone

As long as the current supervisor remains over the area of work definitely wouldn't recommend the company. They have a high turn over due to lack of compensation to their employees, especially the employees who have been with them for many years. They're bad to hire new people with absolutely no training for the field they are in at higher pay than senior employees of the company.

Pros

Some overtime, can wear casual clothes day shift work with no weekends or past 5pm

Cons

No raises at all, lots of down time, managers don't appreciate the workers, managers throwing tantrums, no recognition for time with company or work performed

Very micromanagement

Managers have no clue about other jobs but tell people how to do them, there very behind on tech. To many steps for certain things that are needed, higher management is very micro and very needy with things that they want not need.

Pros

Flex schedule

Cons

Micromanage

Horrible place to work

Stay away !!!! They do not support the employees. They do not train the employees. The insurance is very expensive. They tell you one thing and do the opposite. To many chiefs and each one has a different answer and the way to do the job.

Pros

No weekends

Cons

Healthcare, low pay and no support

Relaxed work environment

Moving here and coming to work for Lute Supply has been amazing. I enjoy working with my fellow coworkers and feel we all get along great. I am glad that I have an opportunity to work with such a great staff under a great company.

I am happy

Decent place to work. I've been here 2 years, but am moving out of town for family reasons. There's room to grow if you can get around the negativity of people that want to get paid to do nothing. I work for my money and they were willing to reward me for my work. The insurance is a bit pricey for a family, but I didn't need it.People just don't want to work or they want to do very little and get paid 100k. They've been good to me.

Do not work there

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Lute Supply are the lowest in the industryCultureThe senior salesman is terribleOverallLute may be the worst place to work in the US. Their senior salesman is an idiot and you're lied to nearly every day. There is zero structure. Pay is the lowest in the industry and customers as well as employees dred coming into the store. Save yourself some headaches and apply elsewhere. I wouldn't have my worst enemy work there

Do not waste your time!!

DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Only lasted about 3 hours. It was terrible! You want a job? Get one at Walmart before starting a job with Lute Supply. My very first day, I walked in and the 3 guys at the desk never once introduced themselves (mind you there are only about 5 people in this whole place), they immediately directed me to fill out paperwork as if they were used to this process (filling in this position, in other words). The training.. well, there was none. Very disorganized. They lie to you about the pay rate. During interview I was told one thing, the day I start the paperwork says differently. I’m so mad at myself for ever wasting my time getting excited to work a whole 3 hours to work in such a hole in the wall job. You’re welcome!

Pros

Not a thing...

Very poor upper management

Overall a job is a job, you have to make the best if it. This company offers little to no training or help until you make a mistake. Upper management / owner is very rude. They will give you opportunity just to watch you fail at their SYSTEM. The worst experience I had with this company is my mother passed away and I needed just a few days , I got the time off However it was without Pay..

Unmanaged

There is no training. There are obsolete computer systems. The store is micro-managed from another city, there is not on-site manager to provide passwords, do accounting, make decisions & etc.

Look Elsewhere

This company is designed to be more of a toy and/or playground for the third generation owner rather than a company focused on achieving growth. Turnover is extremely high due to verbal abuse from ownership and upper management. It's their world and you live in it. Pay is low and health insurance is poor.

Poor

If you want to see how not to run a business this place is a must, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing, answers to questions change depending on the mood swings of the owner(you will always be wrong). Don’t put yourself in a bad situation by working for this company, you will regret it. Turnover is high based on poor pay and the poor treatment you receive from upper management.

A dismal place to work

Not a good place to work, very high turnover, no raises, no reviews, employee apathy, on feet for 9 hours a day, some days very busy, other days, not much to do.

Pros

learn to work a forklift, learn to drive a box truck, learn to work RF gun, learn warehouse

Cons

no advancement, no raises, no reviews, high turnover, high employee apathy

Owner micro manages

I would not reccomend this employer. The owner micro manages and verbally attacks employees without allowing them to explain the situation. In most cases, the issues are daily issues that are easily resolved but the owner makes them stressful.

Too many chiefs

This company has issues hiring help, they do not pay well enough for this field to get employees with any experience. They lack any type of training at any level of employment from warehouse to management so the place has a revolving door. Very poor customer service at the counter and in warehouse, they’re cheap when it comes to buying HVAC equipment only reason customers come back.

Dead End

No raises .Poor management .Long hours, not appreciated.Proper training is not happening. Want you to be safety conscious but will not fix the safety issues.

The work was not hard.

Easy work heavy lifting by yourself Equipment is always broken or in need of repairs Got 12 as warehouse had new guy show a month later making 14 with similar background

Pros

Free pop and water lol

Cons

The constant use of slurs and inappropriate comments of peaple ethnicity and race.

I am more than happy with my decision to come aboard at Lute Supply.

They've been more than great to accommodate me on a few things getting started. Great manager at Indy and a really good Territory Manager for Indiana.

Pros

Very fast-paced work environment

Cons

Small break room, Only one bathroom and system is a little difficult to learn.

You have been warned. Enter at your own peril.

Management does not give positive reinforcement, will turn on employees at Owner's whim. Work hours from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Employees do not have personal conversation with others. Job duties and procedures are learned as conditions require.

Don’t waste your time applying

Don’t waste your time applying everything looks good on paper , people don’t own up to there own mistakes there always wanting to blame everybody else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lute Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Lute Supply
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?