Luther Automotive Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 3, 2018
Team player attitudes from co-workers. Learned a lot about the automotive business. Close knit family feel. Hardest part of the job was having to deal with general manager as he had a non approachable personality.
Very poor management
File clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 14, 2018
I was told I was going to get a review plus a raise after three months of working there, never got it. They would always say they were busy and would get to it later. If you’re a person who has a lot going on with your personal life this is not a good place to work as management are not understanding of the fact that life happens and this is in fact one of the huge reasons I quit my job. I really liked my co workers but in the end I didn’t “quit the company, I quit the manager.” I was also cross trained into more then what my job description originally described. Not that I wasn’t willing to learn but doing the extra stuff then cut into the time for what I was supposed to be doing and I got blamed for being behind in my work when I was just doing what I was told to do. I could go on but overall just save yourself some grief and sanity by not working here.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Very poor management
Be careful if you apply and work there, there is NO loyalty in that place
Service Scheduling and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2018
You give all to the place and they will use it until it isn't of anymore use to them. Then you are completely expendable and gone effective immediately.
Pros
Some awesome co-workers
Cons
Management in the place are completely self serving!
Fun Place
SERVICE RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Luther was relaxed and a great place to work for a high school student. The managment worked well to accomodate personal schedules and always treated its workers well
Great Place to Work and Grow
New Car Sales & Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 14, 2018
A great place to learn and hone sales, customer service, and time management skills. As busy as you want to be, personal goal setting and achievement are a must. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Great Dealer Group
SERVICE & PARTS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 12, 2018
Outstanding dealer group. Great training programs and a great place for starting you career in the automotive field. They are very patient and very concerned about their employees developmet
Bad Management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 25, 2018
Most people know car dealerships are not good to work at and its true. Upper management talks about how we all need a work/life balance, but schedule you for 60 hours a week. They tell you that you can't harrass anyone at work, but they ignore it or blame the victims. If you're over 40, a woman, or a minority - stay away. You will get harassed and if you complain, you will be in trouble. Some of the managers are even the one doing it.
Co workers told me that this used to be a really good company but they grew fast and lost their ethics. They hired shady upper managers who hire and promote their family and friends even though they can't or won't do the job. Go to almost any Luther store and you'll see the employees are pretty unhappy.

Best thing - they have decent benefits. Not great, but better then other dealers.
Pros
Good benefis
Cons
Horrible management
Fast paced, high earning potential
Finance and Insurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 24, 2018
Best place in MN to be in the car business. Lots of opportunity and some of the strongest pay plans in the car business. Hours are long and retail-based.
good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 23, 2017
I worked for the company for twenty years. I was able to move up in the company over time. The compensation was good for the industry. You were able to take time off.
Pros
nice work life balance
Cons
Great people to work with
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 20, 2017
I worked in service for 5 1/2 years. You do not get any raises, never get praised for doing a good job, you will ONLY hear about things you do wrong. Upper management is the WORST I have ever worked for in the 26 years I have been in the industry. If you go to work there, be prepared. Shop has an all time low morale, like stated earlier, front end management is micro-managing how the back should be run. BIG mistake, and it shows by team morale! Think twice about going to work there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The worst upper management I have worked for!!

Want to know more about Luther Automotive?

Ask a question
Good place to work for accept
Technician (Current Employee) –  MNMay 11, 2017
Good place to work for except horrible management. getting overloaded with work and bad hours but they are lenient on scheduling. Great benefits and health care.
Fun and fast paced
Journeyman Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 14, 2017
Working for the Luther subaru dealer was very beneficial, our management team was great and the other technicians I worked with made working there much more enjoyable.
Pros
Performance based pay.
Cons
Working second shift plus Saturdays
horrible place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 19, 2017
had to sue for discrimination and settled out of court. Due to the papers I signed at settlement I am not allowed to discuss anything further with anyone on my employment with Luther Automotive
Pros
pay and hours were good
Cons
horrible management
Great work environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 6, 2017
It is a great company to work for, and they have great benefits. The management is excellent with working with new hires to get accustomed to their procedures.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 8, 2016
Got hired for sales, finished training on the PC. Test drove the vehicles (new/used) learned the trims features options etc. 4 days in get told I need to learn the business (after not being shown any relevant training) was a sad experience but it happens.
Pros
Freindly staff, Cars
Cons
Bad communication
Comfortable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2016
Good people to work with. Good company with good ethics and interesting additional training that can be very informative.
Pros
Nice co-workers, 401k matching, decent benefits.
Cons
Many years to earn more than 2 weeks vacation, poor communication from supers/management.
The people were enjoyable to work with.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Louis Park, MNJuly 22, 2015
The hours were good, the work was fulfilling, the co-workers were friendly. Management was helpful in exampling things.
organized company
Sales (Former Employee) –  MplsJuly 13, 2015
organized but micro managed. Company is again promotion to another luther dealership. overall good company know what you're getting yourself into first
Luther
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 9, 2015
Good foundation for sales development and other opportunities to expand. Hard to move upward within the organization. Friendly group of people to work with.
Slow business making it difficult to earn a living
Senior Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNFebruary 8, 2013
People are relatively nice, knowledgeable technicians that are willing to show the ropes. Enjoyed working with majority of my co-workers, some potential advancement if you are a beginning technician.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luther Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about