Luther Manor Employee Reviews

okay work enviorment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2018
okay work enviorment. friendly coworkers, not so friendly management. unfair pay. wasn't so great with career furtherings. loving residents and families.
The residents are what makes Luther Manor a good place to work.
CNA/cma (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 24, 2018
I enjoy my one in one with the residents. My coworkers that I work with everyday make the day go smooth and a fun place to work. We have some if the best residents at Luther Manor.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay is not fair.
Always short staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 6, 2018
It is short staffed daily and it seems like they don't call anybody in to help. It is very easy to get burnt out due to short staff and others nothing willing to help with 2-person lifts, etc. It seems like management isn't listening when you bring it to their attention about the working environment. The best part of the job is the patients.
Pros
Understanding patients
Cons
Short staff, poor management, unhelpful staff
just my opinion
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 5, 2018
Luther manor use to be so pleasant and so wonderful. When it came under new management it went down hill. They took hot food from staff, they lower cna on each floor. It was all bad....
Pros
you have a job.
Cons
management, now having hot lunch for the employee, no raise, no concern for staff
Luther Manor
Health Information Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 25, 2018
I worked at Luther Manor as and internship for approximately three months. In that three months I have learned many tools and experiences to take with me to my new job.
Long hours/ Short staffed
Assistant- Baylor Program (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 6, 2018
Long, hard days.
Always short staffed.
No type of chance for advancement.
pay rate is on the low scale.
If looking for over time its only offered when they need it.
Pros
overtime due to short staff
Cons
short staff, rude nurses
Quiet work place friendly residents
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 15, 2018
It was alright quiet smooth place to work. They have a pharmacy where u can get meds,pampers lotion all thee essentials to take care of yourself,a den where you can shop with affordable prices.. Things like bedding, beds dressers, tables, chairs, clothing, books, toys, e.c.t
Pros
Nice pay, friendly residents
Cons
Communication skills poor
Was a great place to work
Cna - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 20, 2017
Luther Manor could be a great place to work if management would listen to their employees. There’s a lot of things that needs to be address and corrected. Majority of the complaints are from the residents. Residents complain to the Nirsing aides and the nursing aides take their complaints back to management, but mangement just ignores it.
Pros
Residents appreciate you..
Cons
Very low pay rates.
It was fun and relaxed until management changed.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 3, 2017
Work day was typically fun. enjoyed the clients as well as m co-workers. Things took a drastic change once we got a new manager. the moral of the kitchen staff changed. everyone began to quit and leave.
Objective
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 27, 2017
overloaded with patients and floats. Pts always falling and no one responding to call lights .. Always more pts than staffs, never organizes. No one to assist with bariatric pts. Nothing to enjoy about the job environment, except the pts.
Cut throat
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 15, 2017
Too many cliques. The unit clerk staff wanted you to sit with them at break and at lunch. Nursing staff wanted you to do all the work while they sit up there and talk and gossip all day.
Pros
low cost lunches
Good to start with, but not end with.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 14, 2017
Luther Manor is close to my home and therefore I chose to work there. Overtime, I lost interest and wanted to pursue in my career - nursing. A typical day at work varied. Sometimes we were short so we had to quickly change our routines. I believe a lot of the residents suffered for this. I've learned how to communicate with older people and learn to be patient in general. Management has changed over the past year and has affected many of the employees. Hardest part of the job is that there's no flow. There are things at the front desk that I don't know about, which I should. The phones have horrible signals, sometimes die - not safe at all. The best part is keeping the apartments clean for the residents and learning about them.
Pros
Lost to home.
Cons
Short staffed
management sucks, no loyalty
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 23, 2017
Your manager will turn on you. There’s no loyalty, if you are a new employee you have no cover! No one to have your back! If you try to report someone that’s been there longer then you, they will work together and you will be at risk for loosing your job! There is plenty of racism there, borderline discrimination, they fly under the radar with that! They low ball pay you even if you have more then experience they will cheap shot you! And throw on more responsibilities then what you applied for! All and all not a great place to work. Better off working fast food!
Pros
Cons
All the above!
Summary
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 11, 2017
Working at Luther Manor was nice. The company has a great culture and really cares about its staffs and residents. Great opportunities for all and room for advancement.
In the midst of change
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 3, 2017
Morale is at an all-time low. Turnover is very high and communication is poor. Clinical side of Luther Manor is good but the non-clinical/administrative side is bad. I believe the turnover rate in some departments are close to 100% in the last year...seems like a revolving door. Salaried staff work excess hours and burn out quickly. Executive leadership team is non-existent - always on PTO. The residents are starting to ask about the changes and why staff are leaving. The Volunteer Service department is amazing - one of the only departments bringing the 'community' of Luther Manor together. Executive Leadership Team needs to be mindful when making decisions as the residents are always impacted.
Pros
Residents, beautiful campus, good clinical staff
Cons
No work/life balance, low pay, poor leadership
management does not stick behind loyal and faith employees quick to fire you.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2017
I worked at luther manor for many years .The work was hardnand stressful.I made one mistake and they fired me .I was always availble when they needed me working overtime and swing shifts, ovbvious I was burned out,my poor judgement cost me my job.No one in management reach out to me. Fake poeple.
Pros
decent pay, goog benifits
Cons
stressful, hardwork
Busy
Director of Assisted Living (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 31, 2017
Typical work days are very busy, sometimes making it difficult to complete tasks. Direct care staff provide great care. Managers did the best they could to provide assistance.
very stressfull work place.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 27, 2017
During my time working at Luther Manor Assisted Living (Courtyards), I received harassment, racism and became overly stressed. Very uneasy work place.
Materials Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 20, 2017
I work very hard at my job but it does not seem like there are enough hours in a day to do this job as we are always short-handed.
I love the residents and all aspects of my job.
Pros
paid time off, insurance benefits
Cons
short handed
Fast pace working
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2017
Luther manor was a great job when I first started but after being there managers change with their attitudes and choose what people they like and didn't. you learn something new everyday about the residents that come into the dining room.
Pros
Great working experience, enjoyed the residents and good working hours
Cons
Bad managing experience and new hires were making more money than the old hires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luther Manor. Our community is ready to answer.