Lutheran Hospital of Indiana Employee Reviews

Unknown
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2018
I was contracted to this facility through a travel agency. I only worked there for about 3 months. They were very flexible with my scheduling due to the fact I was travelling from out of state weekly, which was a benefit.
Great place to work for experience
MICU Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 2, 2018
Lots of long distance transfers. Management was good. Co-workers were awesome. Morale was very poor at times due to number of transports in a night. Would recommend.
Fun place to work
Patient service cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 11, 2018
The Chef here is amazing. He's really laid back and understands life happens sometimes. They don't really want to pay what other healthcare providers are paying their kitchen though.
Pros
Flex. hours
Cons
Don't get weekends and holidays off
Was a great place to work
Room service Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my employment there. The staff was friendly and always willing to help each other wherever and whenever. Would love to go back! Management was great and organized. Couldn't ask for a better work environment.
Love my job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 6, 2018
I love what I do at Lutheran I just am not agreeing with the pay. I am a patient care associate on Nero-Science and we have a very hard job of bathing ad leaning and making sure our patients are comfortable and have everything they need we do a lot of running around and I don't think 11.00 an hour is enough for what we do. I love what I do I wish I was paid more for it.
Pros
Staffing
Cons
Pay
Terrible
Or staff (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 6, 2018
Short staffed, awful management, awful equipment. Staff routinely kept overnight and into the next day. Unsafe practices. They can't keep people or get anyone new.
Unsure of future
Device Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 28, 2018
Enjoyed job. Lutheran future is unknown with current owner. Many doctors leaving, limiting pts options and decreasing employment opportunities. Do have good benefits. Insurance seems expensive.
I like working here
Director (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 23, 2018
Great place to work where your opinion matters and you can really grow and develop as a leader. The CEO is very engaging and seems to really want to implement change.
Pros
I LOVE the flexibility of my job
Cons
Lower than expected pay
Enjoyable yet stressful atmosphere
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2018
The atmosphere can be enjoyable yet stressful. We have different assignments on a daily basis so we experience a wide variety of situations such as trauma patients, strokes, procedures, inpatients and outpatients. We never have a day that is the same and always have the opportunity to learn new things on a regular basis.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Understaffed
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46804May 3, 2018
It helped me learn a lot of things I never knew about a hospital. I learned a lot about diagnoses and where patients should be placed to fulfill their health needs. However, sitting in front of a computer in an in-closed room for 12 hours was horrible for me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Lutheran
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 25, 2018
Turnover can be high
Experienced technologists
Busy workflow
Great exposure to a variety of exams/procedures
Call hours available
Off site call location
401k
Pros
Variety of exposure
Cons
Turnover
Great Place to work, caring staff!
Housekeeper/Floor Technician/In Charge (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2018
Lutheran Hospital was a great place to work. I worked at this facility for about 3 years and my fellow employees had become almost like my second family.
It was a fabulous place to work!!
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne inMarch 28, 2018
I would recommend any one to come work here ! Doctors are nice u meet a lot of nice people! Also u can learn a lot here! Team work makes the dream work!
Good hospital in Fort Wayne
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 7, 2018
Very good hospital, that keeps the lab busy. Everyone at the hospital was working towards one common goal: helping the patients. Thinks get stressful with traumas but everyone works together.
Poor staffing throughout, too many chiefs and far to few Indians
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 6, 2018
I watched this hospital go from great to horrible in 5 years, I would not want to be a patient myself. The place was dirty, they were so focused on minor issues that for every minor they fix, 3 major slipped by. Dangerous.
Pros
Food options
Cons
Micro managed
Lutheran Hospital Sucks
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 15, 2018
Love my co workers, but not management, it’s a lot of favoritism and close family members working their. Managers could careless about how you feel about work, work from previous shift gets dumped on your shift. No team work, very bias and discriminatory environment. Lutheran is the worst place I’ve worked at in a long time. McDonalds has better management in place.
Human Resources is never available until it’s time to fire you!
Pros
Cons
Racism is still relevant in Lutheran
Loved switchboard, wanted more hours
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 7, 2018
I wouldve stayed if there were more hours offered. I needed full time and part time was the only available. Sad to work holidays, but it's nice to have a relaxing job, even when it's a high paced environment
Pros
Relaxing, pto
Cons
Not enough hours, working holidays
Drama Heaven
Patient Access Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 25, 2018
I love the medical field but hated working with the adult drama queens. Not really a positive working environment and management, again, had no idea what we were actually doing or how the systems worked. This was demonstrated time and time again when they would HAVE to fill in for certain people that would consistently call in and would be asking you constant questions.
Hated working there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2018
The management was bad. My boss over work the good workers and let the ones that didn't do their work do what ever they wanted. There is nothing good about it.
Love my coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INJanuary 11, 2018
Too much going on right now Love my coworkers. Not enough appreciation for long term employees. Has good benefits. Need more leadership involvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Hospital of Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

Lutheran Hospital of Indiana Reviews by Location