Lutheran Senior Services Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
MDS Coordinator/RN shift supervisor/charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOAugust 15, 2018
Very fair and supportive supervisory management. Good working conditions. Comfortable campus. Excellent salary and benefits. Good central location. Good coworkers.
Pros
On site employee cafeteria
Dirty place to work
Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 14, 2018
they say the director and his wife must be stealing the money, because the building looks horrible and was in the local newspaper for being infested with bed bugs, while they made the poor, limited income residents fend for themselves once they were infected. They need to gut the building and start a new, but that will never happen
Watch yourself
Security (Former Employee) –  Saint louisAugust 8, 2018
The management likes to have the mentality of “when I say jump” constant schedule changes and if your not available to work an off day you may get threatened with your job.
Pros
Staff, pay is fair
Cons
Manager, Egos
Official response from Lutheran Senior Services
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The feedback of staff is really important and we want all who are a part of our mission to feel valued and listened to. Some of the things that you mentioned does not line up with our culture. If you can, please reach out to us at info@lssliving.org so we can learn more from you.

A very good place to work as well as a good place to make a home for one of your love ones who need additional care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2018
It is one of the best facilities I have worked for.A clean and friendly place to work as well as a place you can grow at .The staff is very friendly and always willing to help out if you help.
Pros
A place to grow at
Cons
Not any cons
Official response from Lutheran Senior Services
June 26, 2018

Hello and thank you so much for your positive comments about both living and working at Lutheran Senior Services! We appreciate all that you do on behalf of our Christian Mission of "Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest". Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional comments or feedback.

beware
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 7, 2018
I have worked for this company for over a year and it is not the type of place you would want to recommend to someone. the plus side to this company is you get no more than 8 patients but that's on a good day when the facility is fully staffed but that is VERY rare because they are always short everyday and every shift, They do a lot of favoritism, no team work, the pay is bad, and the bonus that they offer is a complete joke. They more concern about taking remotes and paper cups from staff than worried about patient care.
Pros
Cons
a bad work environment
Company working on consistency throughout the organization.
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2018
LSS is a Lutheran Christian non-profit organization. I have a great boss I must admit. I've had worst! The CEO is a great person to work for and most people are treated fair. Of course there are pros and cons in any place of employment.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
inconsistency throughout the communities
Great place , great envoirment , great workplace.
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Lss. Has been one of the best jobs I've had. Benefits are great, pay is fair. The culture their is very diverse many people of different backgrounds.
Nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJanuary 8, 2018
LSS is a great company to work for . I worked at the MB campus for 10 + years . The place is beautiful . The benefits are good . Some areas are lacking but overall a great place !!!
I loved my job
medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MODecember 6, 2017
I worked in memory care. The patient was awesome. The teamwork was great. The pay was good. The patient load was great. We had a lot of down time. But there was also times where I will have to sit with a patient that thought her family was coming to get her and those are the times that I loved because I got to spend one-on-one time with the patient.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Upper management
My first RN Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Forest ParkNovember 16, 2017
I appreciate Lutheran Senior Services because they were the first organization to hire me as a brand new RN fresh out of school. I like that the elderly residents appreciated everything I did for them.
Drama
Dining (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MONovember 5, 2017
Never a positive thing said. Only negative. Employees are not treated equally. If you are in their group you are a golden child. If not good luck. Be ready to be cut down,belittled in front of those you work with.
Cons
Management is horrible
Positive work environment
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Caring friendly staff at all levels contribute to a positive work environment. Good work/ home balance. Monthly training related to elderly care and safety of the community is on a self-paced computer module platform. There are also monthly staff meetings for fun and facts.
Pros
Free holiday meals and extra pay
Cons
Poor communication
Productive and fun place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL, Glen Carbon ILSeptember 11, 2017
I truly enjoy working for this company. has great benefits. Management and the residents are all wonderful people. I typically work 2nd shift. They will pay a percentage on your schooling.
Enjoyable place to work as a CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOSeptember 9, 2017
I've been here a few weeks and I love it! Friendly and helpful staff for the most part. Great pay with differentials and waiting forward to my benefits kicking in.
Fun work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 9, 2017
Very family like. Residents and families are very understanding. Co workers are family. Always there for one another. It's a great place to make a career
I worked there for 18 years. Was a fabulous place to work
Licenced Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 7, 2017
Great place . Families and wonderful. Family atmosphere. Team work.I learned alot working here. Theybalways have fun things to do for staff and family.
Fun
Dining Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work and they will work around your schedule so it is good for college students. management is okay at best, not a lot of communication.
Secure job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJune 2, 2017
Good place to work. Very secure. Don't pay that good and no room for advancement in my position. They have benefits but you have to pay a little for them. Also if you don't pass your wellness screening the benefits are expensive.
Pros
Easy going. Benefits
Cons
Pay. No room for advancement
A fulfilling job working with Senior Citizens
Nursing Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOJune 1, 2017
The job was different than what I had interviewed for and that made it difficult to follow guidelines. I really did enjoy the employees and the
would have loved to work at what I had been hired to do, it just didn't work out and I was let go. This is not sour grapes, I wish I could have transferred to a different job, however there was not an opportunity.
Pros
Working with Seniors, the staff
Cons
Bad management at that time
Great job, better hours preferably
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 7, 2017
If this job could guarantee more hours and a higher pay rate it will be a better company. Patients are extremely lovable and caring. Managers could be better with communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Senior Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight