Lutheran SeniorLife

Lutheran SeniorLife Employee Reviews

large program for clients in homes
too much put on visits in home, some unnecessary. terrible weekend loads. center is busy, short 4 hour day. good program. too many bosses in center, program is needed in community but need more staff for flow.
Pros
benefits close to home
Cons
staff
Great teamwork atmosphere
I left a nursing home to come to LIFE. I love my job now! I hated the constant RUN RUN RUN in the nursing home. At LIFE I get 1 on 1 time with all the Participants. I was paid a nice sign on bonus and we are paid referral bonuses! Benefits (especially PTO!) are way better than I've seen previously. Management is very flexible with my schedule. If you work hard, you will really enjoy working here.
Poor leadership / Weak management team
Poor leadership and weak management team with very little vision and no ability to execute. Benefits were better than the norm. Employees were friendly but the lack of procedures, training, and systems significantly impacted quality and the services provided.
Professional bullies
Management is nasty. They claim to care about the elderly but allow certain employees to bully them. When someone reports them they make their life absolutely unbearable until they quit. All they care about is making money and cutting back hours on their employees or doubling their work load. Shameful.
Pros
Working with elderly.
Cons
Management’s lack of integrity.
Decent place to work
Are you expected to work? Yes. Is work reasonable? Yes. The C.N.A.ratio is 1 aide to 8 residents. This is way better than some of the places i’ve Worked. They have a good mission. Residents are well cared for by staff. Nice new building. Pay is okay. It is a non profit, so it pays what it pays. I liked working there, but left to pursue a different career.
Pros
Nice new building
Cons
Some lazy staff members
Hard work pays off
During my time here at Lutheran SeniorLife things have changed due to the ongoing regulation changes placed on us by the state. I have found everyone to be fair to those who work hard and contribute to the team success. I have been here for over 9 years now and do not plan on leaving.
Pros
Constantly learning and helpful environment
Cons
Regulation changes outside of our control
Don't apply!
Management is horrible! The HR department is very unhelpful. They will give you a pay decrease without telling you. The only good thing about the place is your coworkers and the residents.
Poor management
Management is corrupt and does not care about the employees. No abundant life for residents or staff. Employees are treated like pawns and instead of it being about the residents, it is about the money. Unsafe staffing.
Poor workplace
This was the worst place I have ever worked. I found it to be a very unfriendly and unwelcoming environment. Managers full of themselves. Really only interested in you if they want you to do something for them, otherwise they are off pretending to be busy, having a meeting about having a meeting about a meeting. Shame as participants are lovely. Like anywhere there are good and bad co workers. Some here are extremely unprofessional, to the point of being derogatory and prejudicial. Those that do actually work, are worked to extremes while others do very little.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management, most co workers
Beautiful place, but very stressful
Job itself is fun, rewarding, and what you make of it. Love making residents smile and being part of making their last chapter of life abundant and enjoyable. However, feels like there's a target on my back. If you stand up or if you don't conform to what your manager wants you to be. You are a target for disciplinary actions (even some that are truly ridiculous)
Pros
Residents, beautiful place, fitness center to use, and some coworkers
Cons
Wages, middle and administrative management
Great place to work but i had to relocate with my family
LIFE Beaver truly cares about their employees. They have new management in place that is making a difference. it's good hours and not as hard as a nursing home.
Pros
new management
Cons
some co-workers
Too many chiefs
Company grew quickly with the affiliation of several companies. Too many chiefs trying to run a system that is diverse and have little in common or are in direct competition with the other. Corporate HR is understaffed, and doesn't understand the needs of all the affiliated entities. Corporate management isn't interested in change, only the status quo. All talk.
Pros
mission of the company
Cons
management doesn't listen, promises things will change never does.
Best nursing home to work at but..
The staff can be worse than high school girls, especially daylight staff. You can move around as many jobs as you want after 6 months, unless they do not like you. They will make up a b.s. excuse as to why you aren't getting the position or just not tell you hoping you find another job and quit. Aside from that the supervisors are great and very understanding, the nurses and aides that were "cool" have quit or went casual because of the b.s. or daylight staff.
Pros
The residents, some staff
Cons
No longer a christmas bonus, daylight staff, poor management
Stay Away From This Place!!
I recently left Lutheran Senior Life and the local, regional and upper management is extremely poor. They have no clue what they're doing. They put the blame on the lowly employees.
The pay and benefits are HORRIBLE!

I was there nine years and got a total 50 cents raise in the entire time and I was a good, faithful employee.

Fair warning: DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
You name it - there are many!
Stressful and Unforgiving
The residents are wonderful, all of them are unique and grateful. Staffing is and issue along with the fact that everyone talks about everyone. There's employees that like to store the pot and push away the good workers.
Wouldn’t recommend this place
Management was terrible!!!! They always had people leaving, they could never hold onto the good workers. Some of those nurses were horrible, treated everyone like they were nothing. Definitely one of the worst places to work!
Cons
Lack of communication from superiors
Applied to this company and had an interview and drive experience delivering meals. Please with number of hours and salary but never heard back from management after phone calls and emails to the appropriate people. not a nice way to be treated as an applicant. Not upset about not getting the job - just upset that no one ever let me know one way or another.
Unappreciated and very stressful
The mission of this company is amazing for the elderly. But being an employee here is very hard. Management is never there when you need them. When you address them with problems or issues they are ignored and never get resolved. Very unorganized, lack of common sense and do not value good workers. They overwork their employees causing them to quit. A lot of favoritism. Constant drama! This is the only place I have ever worked for that does not show any care when family or personal emergencies occur.
Pros
Helping elderly who really appreciate the help
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, drama, constantly talked to and treated like a child, pay, constant driving and ruining your car.
Disorganized
This company has a great mission for the participants but very very disorganized. You as a nurse are micromanage to the max. You spend a lot of time in pointless meetings rather than caring for your clients. On a weekly basis more and more jobs are added to the nurse. This company is very short staffed. You are not respected as a nurse. I have never worked for a company that is as big of a train wreck as this one. The staff turn around is unreal and it's a'll related to management. You are not permitted to work autonomously as a nurse.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Manager
Cheap People, easy job, short staffed
i was higher wage took two months to get a wage wasn't even the wage promised didn't want to pay me. They were always pointing fingers at somebody else when asked about your wages and your pay
Pros
Okay atomsophere
Cons
Pay and management
Used to be a wonderful place to work, no longer is.
Residents are great people who deserve so much more! Management is awful! They are always right , therefore, you are always wrong, but will look you in your face and say they want your opinion...but they actually dont. Taking everything they are able to from the employees, until it just isn't worth it anymore.
Pros
Not sure if there are any.
Cons
To be treated with disrespect.