Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Review

View all Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota reviews

Fun
Brain Injury Support Personal (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 11, 2014
Assist individual with their adls. Its cool because you can take the residents out for community activities, to the movies, out to eat and get reimbursed for any money you spend I think that would be the best part of the job. the hardest part of the job i guess would be when nobody is around to help when you need it. Where I worked my supervisor wasn't the best but she was nice though but not the best. most of my co-workers were cool maybe 1 or 2 were lazy, always on the phone and practicing their religion in the house which was really annoying and some residents didn't like that but i think it was cultural differences some anyway.
Pros
reimbursement for outings, create your own schedule.
Cons
they try not to hire full time 40hrs wk so no benefits.

Other Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Reviews

getting to know the invididuals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with the individuals their, but the management was poor and did not mentor or assistance with any help you might need as a staff. The directors were not very good at helping out when you were short staffed and cause a lot of conflict within the company.the most enjoy about the job would to see the individuals accoplished their goals
Pros
the inividuals see what they accompishement
Cons
short staffee
Poor management at some of the Homes
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMay 31, 2018
It a great company to work, amazing staffs and people supported. The management at this site is horrible. People at the work place treat DSP with personal interest. The management are so unprofessional in such a way that they won't investigate what their HC tells them about DSP, but they just take actions. When DSP question why they were cheated, they become targets. They are looking for the next opportunity to terminate you. HC chooses who they think should work a shift for their personal interests. Don't get me wrong some of the HC are fantastic. I would recommend someone to work for this company but they need some changes in their management because some HC are going to make LSS lost some of their hardworking staffs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight