Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Review

View all Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota reviews

As a part-time employee of LSS, I find it to be a quality company with an excellent reputation in social service.
Direct Support Professional (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 20, 2013
As a part-time direct support professional in a group home setting, LSS provides me with comprehensive training specific to the care of developmentally disabled adults on a continuing basis. The company rewards excellence in performance with an increase in pay. Supporting developmentally disabled adults requires patience and understanding and can be personally rewarding.

Other Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Human Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNApril 18, 2018
My years at LSS were very enjoyable; I started as a part-time overnight worker (in a group home), and advanced through positions until finishing as a house manager for the last several years of my employment. I was on a path to further advancement when the decision to close the home was made by LSS; I was offered an opportunity to relocate, but was unable to do so.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, management easy to work with
Cons
Low pay, typical of human services
Assist adults (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2017
Coworkers are great and the individuals supported were nice. Supported individuals in their home. Made meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Assisted with personal cares like showers and toileting. Built very good relationships with everyone here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight