Lutheran Social Services Employee Reviews

Lutheran Social Services
Interpreter for the Deaf/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 14, 2019
Enjoyed my time there as an interpreter. Handled cases in and out of the office. Every day was different which kept it very interesting. We did relay calls and traveled to different locations to interpret.
Unqualified administrators
Clinical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJune 12, 2019
Hires unqualified workers and places them over more experience, educated employees. If you are willing to go along with unethical practices you will be successful.
Pros
Work/ Life balance
Cons
Pays same, or higher salaries to less qualified workers. Leadership approach is Non-Christian, although the organization carries the name.
Positive Experience
Secretary / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 8, 2019
I enjoy my position at Lutheran. I would recommend Lutheran to others searching employment. I would continue to stay with Lutheran but the recent announcement of combining offices makes my drive to the West Seneca office impossible.
Pros
Serving youth and families
Awful Organization
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 6, 2019
Management is down right nasty. They are liars and do not know how to manage effectively. They gossip and spread your business amongst other staff. The organization is chaotic and has ZERO structure. They won’t even allow you creative ability to set one for yourself. I never met so many rude, unprofessional and culturally insensitive group of people in my life. Horrible experience from the time I was hired until I resigned.
Run for the hills
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2019
I have nothing nice sonic will say nothing at all. That should be enough to keep you away. They are a company using goods name and they should be ashamed
family enviroment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 30, 2019
I love working at LSF, its one of the most care free, rewarding and life changing places I have ever worked. it was like a real family when I was there.
very busy
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2019
Accounts Payable Specialist. Prepared checks, did 1099 forms. Did all administrative duties, multi phone line, word, excel, data entry. Worked lots of overtime.
Pros
overtime
Cons
long drive to work
Amazing company to work for....i was there 5 years..loved it..
LVN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 26, 2019
I traveled alot each week..to visit senior citizens...did blood sugar testing...and high blood pressure. Screenings..enjoyed my .job...to the fullest...
N/a
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2019
Work as a case management, and place people to job. Updated case note what had been done day by day and record everything that had bee done for client. Contact employer and help them with their need.
Interesting place to work
Comunity Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 18, 2019
I enjoyed Lutheran Social Services for the great and helpful management. I also enjoyed the freedom to run the program as I felt necessary. It was great to have the ability to hire my own volunteers.
Terrible place to work
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2019
The owner closed the doors on the location I Phienix after all of us women stayed by her side through the recession. She is a careless heartless woman lining her pockets using the churches name.
A worthwhile endeavor
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 14, 2019
This is one of the jobs I believe every college-aged person should look into. It grows your character and serves the community. Patience respect and compassion are non-negotiable for the job.
Pros
Meet good people, do work that matters.
Great, but temporary.
Disaster Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2019
I loved working as a disaster case manger. The upsides are that the pay was great, and the work/life balance was top notch. Helping people recover from a disaster was very rewarding. Supervisors were supportive and caring. The downsides of working there is that it is the length of time it took to help clients, and that it was a temporary position.
Great place to work but was short staffed most days.
Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 13, 2019
Great place to work but not enough staff. Fast paced different needs. HR could be hars to get ahold of. Hard to get your vacation days you earned. Great people that live there
Pros
Make other happy 401k
Cons
Short staffed
Executive Director
case planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2019
The last person I was supervised was by the Executive Director of the agency. She was not a pleasant person to work with. Her demeanor was unprofessional at times and she held so much hostility towards her employees whenever she had a personal issue with them.
The previous supervisor I was supervised by was excellent however; she left the company which lead me to be supervised by the Executive Director of children services.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Unpleasant Executive Director of Children Services
Great place
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn nyMay 2, 2019
Awesome atmosphere
Room for advancement
Work together
Assisted young families with getting their lives together
Homevisits
Courts

Great work ethic
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
i waas a foster parent
Foster Parent-Completed Foster Parenting (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 24, 2019
This was very rewarding and frustrating at the same time. It was great to make a difference. My eyes were opened to a lot of abuse and neglect. this was saddening at times.
good place to work
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2019
Teacher were great. I loved working with parents. I would help their needs, such as employment, child care, housing , mental health. I also helped them with applying for benefits.
Overworked
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 23, 2019
You tend to have staff who are overworked and management who will not pick up the slack. Management will takes weeks to reply to an email or address a situation. They say they care, but they really don't and are not there for employees.
It was a good work place when Aerlande was the director .not now
Case Manager assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 19, 2019
HR is excellent ,Office management is weak ,there is no support and improvement for the employees .The current regional director ,always over task the employees .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lutheran Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight