Lutron Electronics Co., Inc Employee Reviews

Solid Working Environment
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 14, 2019
It's been a while since I worked at Lutron, but I do remember enjoying the work and the amount of freedom that I had. I was an engineering technician and I was trusted with finding my own work to do as well as given plenty of work. They certainly hire a lot of bright minds to work there. The mentorship by my supervisor was outstanding.

I did work at a remote office and therefore it was a little more laid back. The times that I did visit the HQ campus, I remember thinking that they need to build more facilities; the engineering floors were certainly overflowing with cubes and workbenches. I do think they had more facilities in development, so things may have changed since 2013.
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 12, 2019
Good environment and I really enjoyed working there and looking forward to the future of my career. This job was the first but not last step in my career.
The grew to big to fast
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2019
Golden opportunity that fell flat. The company filed service division is chaos incarnate. Expect to spend most of your life on the road as local jobs don't exist.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel, travel, travel
A bit of a pigeon hole
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAMay 21, 2019
Typical Day at Work
►Putting out fires
►Job description subject to change every Monday

What I Learned
►Electronics aren't that hard to work with and diagnose

►Resist accountability and change

Workplace Culture
►Cliques and a bit cult-like

Hardest Part of the Job
►Getting clear directions and expectations

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
►Being able to change groups when your supervisor/manager is incompetent

Pay
►Below industry standards with 2.5% standard non-negotiable yearly raises
Pros
Work is not too difficult
Cons
Lack of clearly defined job roles
Great benefits and travel
Sr. Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  NevadaMarch 12, 2019
This is a great company with probably the best product out there when it comes to lighting control. The benefits are great and the people are fun to work with. There are challenges with being remote located but nothing to impossible. The hardest part is the travel. There is quite a bit of travel and it comes up last minute usually. It is a big stresser to family life but is great as a single person. I used to love it but my life focus has changed and now I want to stay local more.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Old school thinking when it comes to family life.
Great work culture with an ever-growing company
International Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAOctober 22, 2018
Positions held within this organization provided opportunities for growth, professionally as well as personally. Was afforded the opportunity to travel abroad and meet customers in Shanghai and Singapore. Various groups within the organization were great to work with, both at corporate and manufacturing facilities.
Pros
Opportunities to expand knowledge of cultures and business worldwide
Cons
None to note
friendly working peers
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAJune 5, 2018
great work life balance
great on boarding process
great pay comparing to similar industry average
enjoyable work environment and activities
very friendly work peers
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
strict working hours(8-5)
Lutron
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAApril 10, 2018
good solid family run company. you get to be a part of creating new products and launching them into the market. you are given a good deal of responsibility.
Fun, fast-paced company
Senior Project Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 20, 2017
Fun, fast paced environment.

Get lots of responsibility very quickly.

Flat management structure allows for ideas to be easily spread to most layers of the company.

Private company so some bureaucracy and inefficiencies.
Start your career here and move up elsewhere
Project Embedded Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 6, 2017
You'll be given a lot of opportunity to handle challenging engineering problems that in other companies you would just be left implementing. You'll learn a lot but there seems to be a ceiling for technical engineers.
Great place to start a career
Senior Project Embedded Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 6, 2017
As a first job, Lutron is a great place to start. You are given the reigns to problems that many first year engineers would not see. This means you develop a lot of technical skill very quickly. Unfortunately, the middle management teams do not allow the engineering teams to express real timelines to upper management. This forces projects to be "behind" schedule and the engineering teams to stay late almost all the time.
Very productive work space.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAOctober 31, 2017
Start each day by reviewing all voice and messages. Prioritize the most important messages and return answers as quickly as possible. Follow up on latest task(s) on todays agenda. Check incoming projects that have been scheduled for myself by upper management.
Pros
Satisfaction of ending a job and wrapping things up on a certain project. Free working lunches
Cons
Constantly racing time to get things done in an orderly and precise manner, always trying to finish a project on time, keeping pace with the outside general and electrical contractors, staying abreast of new technical devices, increasing knowledge level, trying to be professional when someone is calling you names and challenging your knowledge and time.
Great opportunity to grow your career and challenge yourself
Director (Current Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAAugust 16, 2017
There are as many opportunities and challenges as you want to take on at Lutron. You can drive your career in many different directions. You are not pigeon-holed in one functional area, just because of the degree you have or your previous experience. Employees are consistently challenged to take on responsibilities outside their area of expertise.
Highly motivated, intelligent people from the top all the way down
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
The organization from the top all the way down are driven to be the best. There is no one that is not always working towards the company goals. Each person is highly individually motivated and you will not have to be told to do your job.
Fun place to work- hard physical work
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PADecember 31, 2016
long hours, so expect your back to hurt after folding tons of clothes on bottom and top shelves throughout the day. Nonetheless, it's a pretty fun place to work. All you have to do is take care of the customer and do your job. The store I was at made sure you greeted the customer and assisted customers with questions, needs, etc., but didn't require you to be so pushy (in-your-face) with customers like some other retailers do.
Pros
set goals, fun atmosphere, discounts on clothes and related stores
Cons
Back pains, lower pay
No fun to had
Senior Printed Circuit Board Designer (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PANovember 29, 2016
Terrible place to work, No flexibility. Bosses are tyrants. Avoid working there at all costs!!!!!

Nice workers. Benefits OK.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Great Place, great people good company
iOS Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Lutron
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VASeptember 4, 2016
This was an alright place. I worked here until I left for basic training. I wasn't really happy with the pay. It wasn't enough for my work ethic.
Horrible Workplace
Specialist Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJanuary 3, 2016
Not a good company. No room for growth unless you benefit from some privileges. No work life balance. Poor management across the board. Pay is not equivalent to the amount of work expected from you. Discriminatory workplace.
Cons
poor pay, no life-balance, horrible management, a lot of favoritism, too much work and no appreciation and rewards
Respectable work environment, just a great company overall.
IT Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAAugust 18, 2015
I was an Intern at Lutron headquarters in Coopersburg. It was by far the most adaptive learning experience I received in an internship. My coworkers operated as a team and never left me in the dark, but at the same time challenging me to troubleshoot issues I was previously unfamiliar with. The most enjoyable part of the job was having internal customers feel satisfied when resolving their issues, especially when you feel confident in your knowledge about it. The IT department was friendly and everyone got along. We felt comfortable talking about our social lives and getting done what we needed to do. The facility is rather astonishing. I would run a cart of computers back and forth to the buildings of Lutron and would always admire the outside appearance of the company. I definitely recommend this company for those who intend on pursuing a career in one of their fields of work.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, volleyball courts, friendly coworkers, clean workplace