Luxor Hotel and Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Co-workers
Lead Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
My co-workers were the epitome of upper class customer service. Certain members of Managment and above were s pleasure to work for. I had been through multiple Management changes through the years.
Pros
Good breaks, insurace
Cons
Safety
Run of the mill bartending job.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2018
You can be let go for any reason within the first 90 days of employment. I showed up for my scheduled shift and was let go for no reason. The hotel hires and fires people randomly it seems.
It was a very unique building
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2018
Typical day we had our pre shift then broke off into our sections. I learned a lot of room call stuff that really helped me later on. For the most part everyone was freindlyand usually very helpful to the new people.
Pros
free lunch and uniforms
Customer Service is a must. You are going to be the face of the company. Be ready to assist your clients with all issues.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2018
Good coworkers and Management. Be ready to learn lots and challenge yourself. The job is going to be rewarding. You will face a lot of issues from clients and daily work, dont give up keep learning and excell.
Pros
Good wages and learning experience
Cons
Stressfull at start
Fun and great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2018
I really enjoyed my position at the LUXOR Hotel. The co-workers were very nice to work with. Everyone was very cooperative and I looked very forward to going into the office everyday.
Pros
They offered free lunches daily. Good Hours and good benefits.
Cons
I have no cons for working at the LUXOR.
easy job; no hours
Ticket Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2018
I was working on-call for over a year. The job was good. Managers and coworkers treated me well.

Hours were inconsistent (since i was on-call).

But management informed me beforehand that hours were based on business demand.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
inconsistent hours
Best first job
Audit/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Luxor. Straight out of high school I was given the experience of working myself up the corporate ladder from Front Desk representative, to Lead, the night audit.
Fun work place
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
Typical day prep for 2 hours Organize materials and food products bake steam.Tranfer over to Edr ad work line and stations for 2 hours.Lunch time 1 hour break.After break check ovens rotate beef or items involved.
Pros
Edr lunch ad dinner
Cons
Steady extra different hours
Front Desk Manager
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Clark County, NVJanuary 4, 2018
Dealt with guests every day with good service and friendly demeanor.

Remained calm and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.

Able to motivate employees, resolve issues and complaints from guests.

Excellent listening skills , especially with guests. Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job.

Working with budgets, planning, creating schedules and supervising operations are all a part of the job.

Hotels have a lot of moving parts, from guests to maintenance, to events to budgets and scheduling kept it all organized.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
crazy guests
productive and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work. Wonderful benifits and fantastic atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with differetnt people and to learn something new every day
You have to be professional all the time
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2017
It was a fun experience, but our management was a bit bad because of its unfairness to everyone. They had favoritism, you just have to know how to be cooperative with coworkers. I made lots of friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management
Great family
Pit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2017
Great people to work with and learn from, supportive caring environment. Diverse workplace that encourages inclusion for everyone, constantly evolving environment. Encourages everyone to work together and learn from each other within property and to constantly learn and teach new techniques and more productive ways to work together and with our guests. I've learned better problem solving skills and to resolve conflict with understanding and tolerance rather than judgement and bias. A typical day on the pit floor would start with checking marker issuance paperwork from previous shifts was completed properly and insuring that our floor managers were up to speed and notified on any compliance issues for our guests, Keeping track of guest play and issuing player cards to our guests at the request of the floor managers. Filling table game credit in casino management system to ensure each table game has proper checks available to play for the shift. issuing customer credit for table game play for those qualified. Entering player gaming ratings into casino system.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay
Never a slow day
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2017
Working the Front Desk in a hotel with 4500 rooms, there is always a line from 7:00 AM to midnight. The conversations become repetitive as well as the complaints. The pay and benefits are good, but eventually are the only reasons people stay there over a year. Most days I just constantly check people into rooms with every five minute interaction and barely get a chance to make any small-talk with my colleagues outside of break. It's a great job for people who need to provide for families but I could never go home with pride that I did anything meaningful that a computer couldn't do. I often felt like an employee number rather than a person and I've never met the General Manager/ President of Luxor in my 2 years.
Pros
Teamsters Union, good hourly pay, and stand in one place all day.
Cons
Very repetitive, guest issues often go unresolved, and 50+ rooms leak badly during rain
dynamic job
Theater Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2017
The largest and most dynamic show that I have worked on. Seeing the progression from one show to the next is invigorating. There are still places where improvements can be had,but they are working themselves out progressively.
Pros
the enviornment is a fun enviornment.
Cons
sometimes information can be lost in the chain of command
Life at the Pyramid
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
I have been a part of the Luxor family for quite sometime. My Department handles with everyday day to day ordeals. A typical day at my Department is when we try solve everyone's problems both, employees, co workers and guests, there is nothing Luxor Security can fix. I have learned to be more patient from my experience in this Department. Management here has been more than helpful with me, especially during my Leave of Absence due to medical and when it comes to my family, especially my children. Workplace culture in my Department is adaptable to any situation. We work hard we play hard. The hardest part of the job sometimes could be dealing with a difficult guest and the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I can count on my fellow officers and that we all can go home safely to our families. We are all family.
Pros
Free lunch, Pto
Cons
Security cannot gamble in any MGM Resorts
Wonderful Atmosphere
Ticket Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2017
Luxor is a wonderful place to work. It's not a super high end casino nor is it super low tier either. The wages are good. The people are great. The atmosphere is just fantastic. Not to demanding yet not to dead. Love working at the Luxor.
Pros
Great people and great atmosphere
Cons
Hours getting cut
Great environment to work in.
CASINO PORTER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
The tourist industry always provides different experiences and greta opportunities to meet new interesting people. There is always something to do in the hotel. Something always in need of repair or replacement, but its what makes it interesting. There is never a dull day while working at the Luxor.
Pros
fast paced and fun environment
Cons
odd schedules
Fast pace, stressful at times, and a melting pot of different cultures
Assistant Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2017
A typical day is starting the day off with pre-shifting all the new information that came out from the day before. Giving any information of new events going on property. The diversity of the Luxor Staff is AMAZING they have people from all walks of life and embrace all the differences they bring to the table. Sometimes the hardest part of working in this environment is dealing with other employees. The most enjoyable part of working at the Luxor is the family bound you get from being there. The minute you walk through the doors you are EMBRACED with smiles and warmth.
I love working here .
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2017
Sometimes you have hard days but there is days where your relaxed.The pay is really good.The coworkers are always willing to help you.I love working here!
Fun and easy workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2017
Fun people, and an easy workplace with great employee benefits! Laid back environment, can get stressful on the weekends, other than that great place to work overall! :)
Pros
Free lunch