Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 2,249 reviews matching the search See all 2,570 reviews
AR Department
AR operator (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I started at luxottica, in June 2010, it was so good ,feeling good to work there I have been certified over the entire lab surface , finish and AR department,.
Pros
Lunche
Cons
Short break
learned alot about glasses
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 12, 2019
Answered customer calls, documented their complaints and the resolution. Provided product replacement orders and followed up on undelivered orders. Tehere was a minimum/maximum daily call requirement but you were not allow to stay on phone with customer more than 5 minutes.We were provided eyeglass certificate every year.
Pros
income
Cons
low salary with no guarantee of a raise every year
Super fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I loved working here. The pay wasn't great and that is why I ended up moving to a new job there wasn't any chance for advancement so I ended up looking for a new job.
luxottica mcdonough ga
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 9, 2019
Worst place ever to work. unprofessional from top to bottom. poor work environment stressful hours. never get the correct pay. management is incompetent and only lies to workers. worst two years of my life
stressful
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2019
Constant turn over in management lead to a chaotic and stressful work place. on average a GM in my location is replaced every 4-6 months. this leads to a culture of instability where everything seems barely put together and seems to breed a culture of very little ever being done properly
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 31, 2019
Excellent company benefits even for part-time employees. The company cares about it's employees and helps build team moral by offering wonderful monthly incentives for reaching sales goals.
Flexible Work Environment
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
I worked in the field for Luxottica. I can attribute most of what I learned about leadership and sales development from my time at Luxottica. It was a great experience.
Pros
Discount, flexible hours
Cons
Typically a relocation is required to promote from the field level
it used to be a good company to work
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 27, 2019
Luxottica company used to care about their employees and customers but now everything is about the bottom line and employees are just numbers and can replaced over night!
Overall they are ok
Customer Service Agent/Retail and Optical Lenses (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Job culture was very interesting and exciting at first. But the hours and constant schedule changes will burn you out eventually. The company does need to work on their customer service as a whole.The supervisors are great, but managers need work.
Excellent place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Great place to work everyone is family and education and training was very good.Learned plenty about insurances and eye healthcare.Would recommend to others.
Cons
Store hours didnt give you enough time for other things in personal life.10am to 7pm
Fun and Flexible Part time Job
Part Time Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoy working at Sunglass Hut for Luxottica, the management is great and understanding. Training like all places is long, but very beneficial when it comes to explaining what type of glasses we offer. I enjoy helping people find the perfect pair for either themselves or others.
The ghetto
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2019
All of the products are manufactured by the same company and they attach the logos for D&G, Gucci...ect ect. They have a revolving door policy, and they hire gang members and thugs who smoked weed during breaks and lunch. I witnessed a few physical altercations at this place.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The total workplace environment
Only the right place to work for certain departments.
Industrial Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 23, 2019
If you are working in any department from Tech Support or Process Technicians or below the work life balance and pay is not worth the stress and expectations set for lower level employees. 6-7 day work weeks, long hours, poor management.
Pros
Product discounts, onsite Cafeteria, onsite health facility.
Cons
poor pay, bad hours, bad management, advancement opportunities are rare.
good people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Good company. Management are nice. A lot of system problems making unpredictable and hard to access the situation. Environment is quiet and peaceful.
great company to work for
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working for Lenscrafters, It was a great experience learning the optical business from a sales perspective and interacting with the customers
Fun Work Enviroment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working with the customers and talking to them daily! I also loved trying on glasses and helping the customers pick what they liked or what they did not know they liked.
Great job for new youth people
Lab Technician, Retail Associate, and Optician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I started this job in my first year of college and continued to get more experience during the years until I graduated from college and it is a nationwide job so I would be able to transfer very easily
Slavery
Tinter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
It's a slavery company. Even if u re sick or something bad happen they stil want you to be at work or they will give u occurrences. The management re too mean
Corporate makes employees harass customers.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
When I worked for Luxottica my district manager had a bad habit of forcing uncompensated overtime by promising the time would be rolled over and given free time off later (which never happened). That is why I left. I thought of going back once management changed, but there is new corporate marketing and traffic/sales ratings that causes employees to be forced to harass customers beyond what is reasonable. I won't even shop there anymore.
good job
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 13, 2019
Good place to work. I give this company an 8 out of 10. Worklife balance- I work at a Macy's store and even though the hours are longer, I still feel as though I have a great work life balance- pay is good and co workers are great.
Pros
work life balance, compensation
Cons
30 minute unpaid lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight