Luxottica Employee Reviews

Found 3,128 reviews matching the search See all 3,556 reviews
Easy work, terrible Managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 20, 2018
Super easy work, managers take advantage of hard working associate. Never keep promises made as well as terrible Hours given to most valuable sales associate
Cons
Lazy managers
Challenging, fun, exciting sometimes.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  500 East Grand Ave.,Chicago, IL "Store No longer"October 18, 2018
Everyday, was different, due to the weather, the season, holidays. However, summer was the best time because, about everyone wants to have sunglasses.

Sometimes, we will get celebrities to come and purchase an expensive pair of sunglasses. And then we just have fashion ambitious customers who want to look fabulous! That was the fun part, seeing people act differently when they get that winning pair for their faces. Sometimes they would even change their walk when they walk out the door. I would smile and laugh because it made me feel good that I could make someone else feel good.
Pros
Free annual pair of sunglasses or eyeglasses.
Cons
Can become too competitive, which can cause division, instead of team work to achieve the store's goals.
poor management, location, pay, and hours scheduled
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 18, 2018
I worked for Sunglass Hut inside of Macy's at Downey, CA. Management was poor, and I felt pressure to quit. you work alone and have to worry about being stolen from. My assistant manager was left in charge and she did a very poor Job. she was unorganized, unfair, and very problematic. They pay very poorly and never schedule enough hours. There is no room for advancement and never get scheduled more than 12 hours per week.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work alone, you are expected to complete 101 tasks in short period of time while customers steal from you.
Good Company culture
Key Holder/Sales (Former Employee) –  Silverthorne, COOctober 16, 2018
It was very fun to work here to do the visual merchandising and to see the new products and the classes and meetings but the store i worked in had unorganized management and lots of drama and it was a very slow paced store
It is what you make out of it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 16, 2018
Competitive with some teamwork. The higher the ladder you are the more people try to impress others. Judgement on fashion choices and how you assist customers, even though you are supposed to customize the experience per guest.
Not Good
Manager/ Optician/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040October 15, 2018
Not a very nice company to work for, sales goals are way to high, employees can't seem to do enough and you are unsure of day to day. Lots of standing, customer is always right regardless .
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
sales goals to high
employees are like family
Optical Manager (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 15, 2018
typical work day is 10-7, closed on major holidays. Company does not provide enough hours to have sufficient coverage of the store so most of the time, associates work alone.
Pros
great managers and regional managers
Cons
not enough hours provided
Spreading positivity beyond the workplace
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 13, 2018
Luxottica makes it their priority to make not only the customer happy, but their employees just as happy as well. It allows us to make the customers feel like they're more than just a transaction.
Great atmosphere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2018
there was a really great atmosphere at all times. very flexible working hours and great benefits. starting pay is great. commission rate could be a little bit higher.
fun place to work, great management
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 11, 2018
fun and friendly place to work, learned how to perform a pre-examination, management was friendly and made working here great, and very diverse work enviroment
Pros
fun, friendly, and all around positive vibes
Cons

Want to know more about Luxottica?

Ask a question
very fun and social job, great sales training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
I liked this company very much. Lots of sales training offered
a great place to work, great company to work for. I wish it was more full time there so I had to work 2 jobs. I wish I would have gone into management. I did like my managers very mush. the company gave lots of incentives to do well, and emphasized team work.
Pros
great product to sell
Cons
I would have liked full time
A Great Place to work
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 11, 2018
Spoke with providers and customers, educating on benefits and claims. I learned how to read, understand and educated people on vision benefits. All the supervisors were a pleasure to work with and they always made you feel like you belonged. The culture was amazing, the company had special events to show their appreciation for all the employees and also had workshops to make sure you knew the job. Hardest part for me was understanding vision benefits due to never being educated on the matter. The company had many activities/workshops to help make sure you knew the job.
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM LEAD, COLE VISION (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2018
Luxottica a great company to work for. The management and people are great. Nothing about the job was hard. I enjoyed going to work everyday until it ended.
great while in college
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 10, 2018
this job is flexible while in school. Gave me the oppurtunity to work and go to school. Flexible hours. Good part time job. Great friendly staff. Helped me develop people skills.
Pros
Good while in school
Cons
unrealistic sales goals
Luxottica
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYOctober 9, 2018
Luxottica was the second job I had straight out of high school. It taught me quite a bit about customer service which I took with me to make a career out of being in the customer service industry for 24 years now. They had patience and very thorough trainers.
Pros
Very customer service oriented
Cons
Having to work second shift
Challenging work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
I got to learn a lot about business, visuals, merchandising, operations, how to manage a high volume store and how the company worked. I learned how all about Key Performance Indicators and how to hit them every single time. Sales performance was very efficient but the work environment was a bit chaotic. Management would not keep their high standards of professionalism at all times. In many occasions managers personal issues, feelings and preferences would interfere with the job.
Pros
Flexible hours, amazing discount
Cons
no benefits for Part Time positions
Part time postition
team leader (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 9, 2018
It was a great place to emerge myself in sales and gain experience in retail. It was my first job, while I was in high school. They were great with working around my school schedule.
Grest Benefit; Free eye wear, Fun place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 8, 2018
overall, a fun place to work. You meet people with amazing personalities who are always there to inspire you. you can really let your personality shine in this job. To me, its all about fashion in this ob. you get to stay up to date in todays fashion and luxury brands.
Pros
free eyewear, great benefit, amazing inspiring people, work with luxury brands
Cons
Hours can be better. even as a manager you must work weekends.
Fun and easy job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89109October 7, 2018
This company is very easy to work and it is fun once you get the hang of it. They sometimes give you good employee discounts, but I believe it is not enough. This company can afford to pay their employees more, but they just dont.
Pros
Discounted Sunglasses, Sunglass Incentives
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no pay raise, does not promote from the inside
Poorest managment staff I have ever seen.
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  New HampshireOctober 6, 2018
This company does not care about its employees!! They will fire you over the slightest thing just save a quick dollar. Managers have NO sympathy towards asssociates and flagrently wave their “manager” titles in your face.
Pros
Cons
Poor managment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight