Luxottica Employee Reviews

Safe work zone
Picker (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 10, 2018
Come in log in , wait for the shift meeting with the manager, break off in your work group. I learned how you pick and ship orders , stock shelves. Overall the people I worked with was good people hardly no problems with employees or the work we had to do.
Pros
Had some nice fun holiday parties during lunch
Cons
Bad management
love working for the company
Eyewear Consultant (casual pt.) (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 9, 2018
every manager i had was great. They worked well with my hedule and time request off. The hardest part for me is learning the new system. Iwas use to the old ways. Ienjoy working with my entire crew at both locations.
Great for someone who just needs extra pocket money.
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 6, 2018
This job is great for someone who just needs a little extra pocket money. Not so much if you have a large amount of bills and responsibilities. Hours were constantly being "cut" even though we were told that they were based off of your performance. The extra commission was only decent when the team made goal.
Pros
Fun environment at times.
Cons
No benefits, mall hours.
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
I loved this job, they just didn't give enough overtime for me. Work 40 hours a week, only get overtime certain times of the year. It was a great place to work, very relaxed & comfortable.
Pros
Great benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
Not much overtime
Fun place to work
Optican (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2018
I work here right now and this job is fun and delightful.
Though management and pay is horrible if you are not actually looking for part time.
You learn alot about eyes and how to fix glasses.
Pros
Breaks, vaction pay, career advancement
Cons
Low pay
It was ok these answers are short yes or no so it seems cut throat.
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 5, 2018
I did like the job I love the new technology it was amazing. However it was my first job after collage doing what I went to school for. I thought, witch was poor on my part that I would of had great peer to teach me things the right way. The end results was all staff except for me were terminated for steeling and mess of other things. So instead of getting more knowledge and being a team player, I was used to work when others did not want to work. I could go on and on with that being said it was horrible first experience out of school.
Pros
I found out more things about glasses i needed to know that i did not know.
Cons
Getting treated as if you are not worth anything, you ARE impirtant everyone is. No matter who tells you you are not.
Why Luxottica
DIGITAL AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 30, 2018
Work / Life balance was great. Great associates and co-workers. The culture and community outreach is amazing. Upper level management seems to change every year.
Pros
Friends and family discount, 401k, pension plan
Great company to work for
Eye wear specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 30, 2018
I enjoy this company a lot. They are fair and truly care about the customers and associates. The atmosphere is positive and uplifting and the managers are always there to help.
Great training
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 29, 2018
Luxottica is a fun fast paced job. It gives staff the opportunity to enter a career and become an optician or lab tech or move up to management. It is a lot of fun and you get to help people see.
Pros
Huge sense of satisfaction
Cons
The hours differ daily.
Mediocre retail job
SALES SUPERVISOR LUXOTTICA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 29, 2018
Easy job, low stress. Long hours because of constant standing. Terrible pay. Great if you're in school and need some cash on the side or something. It helps a lot not to be introverted.
You are just a number thrown out into the wild left to fend for yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 28, 2018
I think people understand at this point its the kind of company that cares more about its bottom line than its employees. Yes the benefits are good, great even,

however the quality of life some stores make you have its ungodly at times. The management is pieced together with band aides and duct tape. With ever changing upper management its impossible to have a stable environment and direction.

Your ideas are never important, they want you to go by script and they dumb down the product so much that they would rather have a potato sell their glasses than a seasoned employee.

Bottom line, its a starter job not a career. If your a college student looking to make a few bucks, then go for it. But if your seeking a career as an optician, look elsewhere, they don't want to train you properly and have you advance. Cause then they would have to pay you more.
Benefits
Cons
will play games with you job security
A very good job which I had for @6 years.
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 28, 2018
I began my job as a Staff Accountant in the Lease Administration Department. I was later promoted to a Staff Account II position handling auditing issues in the same department. I very much enjoyed auditing the landlords where we had our LensCrafters and Sunglass Hut stores to ensure they were abiding by our leases.
I left the company after 6 years due to personal family issues.
Pros
Many employee perks.
Cons
Reductions in staff in 2003-2004 which put a much larger burden on the remaining employees.
It's okay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
The people there are awesome, but this company does not value their employees. Great place to get experience and move on. You get to learn so much if you are lucky enough to work under someone who cares about their job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Company policies
Specialty Sales Trainer
Market Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2018
Worked for the wholesale department for my company. It paralleled store management but at different account doors. It offered a different environment each day which was nice.
Good growing company.
Manager- Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 24, 2018
Good company to work for however the culture can be a bit challenging as the Italian leadership has a different work/life culture than the American leadership. Can be difficult to work with at times but for the most part can make most things happen.

Tons of benefits and discounts on sunglasses and apparel.

Good work/life balance as well.
Pros
Free eye exams, deep discounts on product, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Pay is low for certain management positions, Outside hires make substantially more than internal promotes.
Fun!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2018
I had the most laid-back, chill but effectively motivating by her own optimism type of manager. O M G. This job rocked! I had so much fun and we smashed through our sales goals. I had 160% to goal and it wasn't even about selling glasses for me, it was about having fun with the guests and co-workers. We had so much fun that guests would come to us wondering what the heck was going on and end up walking away with fresh pairs of sunglasses!
Pros
Free sunglasses every year, discounted employee rate, FUN environment
was an optical associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2018
I did a lot of things as an optical associate. It involved a lot of clerical duties as well some selling. Hardest part was making sure to be able to get everything done in time.
Good teamwork
Optical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXNovember 17, 2018
Nice place to work. Only problem was constantly having to work at so many locations when other managers were on vacation. It was hard finding experienced help. Sears Optical was the branch of LUXOTTICA I worked for. Customers were constantly afraid we were going to close due to Sears financial issues. I was transferred to texas city after my lake Jackson location closed due to Sears closing.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Hard to find experienced help.
Eye place
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 16, 2018
Encourage all the employees. I would lead by example. Never think of myself better than anyone else as we all work for the same company.The hours here are flexible and open long enough for people to have late eye appointments.
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 15, 2018
If you like to help people you will like this job. You get a lot of one on one time with all patients. You get to work in a Doctor office environment and you are helping people with something very important.
Pros
Helping people see better.
Cons
You will work weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Luxottica.