Luxottica Employee Reviews

41.1K
Found 2,986 reviews matching the search See all 3,393 reviews
Seek Employment Elsewhere
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 16, 2018
While the work is normal office work, the culture is horrible. Everyone is out for themselves or checked out, and very protective of their own work while not owning up to mistakes or errors. Work is very isolated, collaboration doesn't happen. Most jobs in the Mason office will eventually be moved over to the New York or Milan offices.
Pros
Free pair of glasses every year
Cons
Literally everything else
exellent
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 16, 2018
I loved working there with an amazing team. I had a great learning experience overall with manager support from not just one SGH but multiple. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a flexible job.
Overall
Store Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Good company to work for but needs to listen to its field leaders and customer to make experience better. Should have focus groups when making decisions.
Great place to start a new sales job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2018
Learned alot of new skills that i can apply at future sales jobs
They teach ways to help make sales while also making customers feel comfortable and happy to be buying sort of expesive glasses.
Pros
Free pair every year
Cons
Low commission rates unless ur over achieving your goal by double or more
Misleading
Assistant Manager- Len's Crafters (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
I was mislead into working for this organization because management is not truthful about the state of the organization. Currently the direction of the company is changing which is ok but you need to have leaders in place that know what they are doing and how to achieve these new changes. There is also a lack of an HR presence and communication is done poorly for employees in various areas. Upper management is very rude and have unrealistic expectations. Please explain to me how a 1.3M dollar store is going to be a 4M dollar store in the next 2 years when we are not on trend for even 3M dollars. Then when you ask questions you are silenced. The culture is horrible, and so is the management. I tried to give this company the benefit of the doubt but it is pure awful. Stay away!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor management, unorganized, benefits not so great
Good workplace
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  HawaiiAugust 14, 2018
The workplace Culture is positive and has good energy.
I enjoy the daily interactions with customers and associates.
The company maintains quality products with customer recognition.
Talking to interesting customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work would be getting to know the customer and see what type of person the customer is and try to get them the perfect pair for them and once I found the pair I feel accomplished of myself.
Pros
Talking to many people and making time go by
Cons
Nothing, I love work
Loved it
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 13, 2018
I loved THIS JOB! it was fun, energetic, and brought so much growth to my life! i was constantly encouraged and learned so much about the profession i plan to excel with.
Fast paced helping the world see in an hour or less
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAAugust 12, 2018
It was nice to start with raw materials and as a team make a finished product . There was a bonus for efficiency which made up a good part of our pay which at times was hard to meet
Pros
People
Cons
Time factor
ok place to work
na (Current Employee) –  somewhereAugust 12, 2018
this company is very cheap when it comes to paying employees what they deserve they hire general managers that have no optical knowledge and rarely promote frome within when it comes to GM positions
LenCrafters was better when it was just LensCrafters
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2018
Depending on the department you worked for, the day was either good or not so good. Certain management were not so good to work with.
LensCrafters before it was purchased by Luxottica Retail was a great place to work.
Luxottica
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 9, 2018
The campus is great! People are amazing to work with. Structured for schedule but flexible when obstacles come up. A typical day for me goes by so fast, I feel like I have my dream job!
Cons
Fun place to work at poor management
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2018
The job itself helping customers is easy and fun you'll learn a bunch of things about tourists and people that live in the area and you'll see a bunch of culture the only downside is the poor management the company has. Overall coworkers are phenomenal but management slowly pushes you out the company the longer you are there if you don't comply with how they manage
Pros
co-workers, fun. flexible schedule
Cons
management, hours
Eye Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 8, 2018
It was a great place to learn new skills such as people skills and how to prioritize. Especially when we would have more than 30 appointments a day and had to pre test and sell eyewear.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Team building workshops needed
Corporate ruins everything
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 8, 2018
Loved the people I worked with but the job was nothing but stress and headaches with minimum wage pay. I had 4 different managers in a 3 year span. There was alot of drama too.
Pros
Co- workers and employee discounts
Cons
Everything else
Ok
Associate (Former Employee) –  McdonughAugust 8, 2018
I feel they need to make tq better. They have there favorite and Need better management. I félt targeted and spoke out. My keys wete stolen and my car was hit inthe gravel lot. The parking is terrible
Was once great, now...
Sr Director of Operations, Sunglass Hut Outlets (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 7, 2018
As the company folds into the Luxottica / Essilor merger it is becoming more and more difficult to stay optimistic about the future of the NA corporate office staying in Mason, OH. Many upper-management were asked to move to NYC offices and many declined and took severance packages and moved on to other opportunities. The company over-engineered eliminating leadership and employee layers hiding behind a "shared-services" moniker. This created not only vacuums of leadership, but added increased workload to the already full plates of the remaining workers and leaders. The separate retail divisions (LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Oakley, Ray-Ban, etc) also now lack personality and direction for the future. We're currently "existing". Morale is at an all-time low as of this writing as everyone continues to wonder if the Retail offices will be closed to move to Essilor headquarters in Dallas with even more elimination of jobs.
Pros
There's a cafeteria and a gym in the building.
Cons
Leadership, unknown future, expectations of work hard or else...
Ok
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2018
Good for a student not for me looking for better opportunities in life for a better fire for my kids looking to war got more of new opportunities in life
Flexible hours, goal driven
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALAugust 6, 2018
Working for Luxottica has been a pleasurable experience for someone that has been in retail for a decade. The type of retail is different, in that every individual has sales goals and is expected to participate in front end sales. This includes management. Managers have to perform well in a sales environment, but also be able to juggle the operational side of the store at the same time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Very few weekends, if any off. Especially during peak seasons. The work/life balance is not optimal for families.
Good Place to Work
Asset Protection Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2018
The have good benefits and great fringe benefits with free sunglasses and glasses. Good work environment and great people to work with. Management is understanding and friendly.
Pros
Free Sunglasses/Glasses
Cons
Hard to Advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight