Luxottica

United States2,788 reviews

Found 2,788 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,415 reviews

Luxottica insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Slow paced job

A typical day at Sunglass hut would consist of counting all the merchandise in the store and after that just assisting customers with recommendations. Other than that when the business was slow I would just start cleaning the store and the sunglasses.

Pros

The job is easy and they adjust the schedule in case that you go to school

Cons

no break, low salary, no pto.

Good entry level job

Typical retail sales environment. Not much advancement opportunities regardless of goal completion. On the lower end of what you would consider a busy environment.

Fast paced retail environment with adjoining optometrist office

Profitability and meeting key metrics are the bottom line. The position is salaried: they intend to get their moneys worth. Training is in-person, but on a tablet via hundreds of modules. Salaried managers are expected to cover call outs. You will have to recruit your own patients in your spare time. Unscheduled pop-up conference calls/trainings are mandatory, even if you are off. No work-life balance.Goals are unrealistic for the amount of payroll offered.

Pros

Monthly bonuses for meeting sales goals

Cons

Upper management

boring and annoying

the manager I worked with was horrible, nasty attitude, didn't know how to do much and also didn't apply to learn better practices. all tasks were my responsibility as well as sales and team training. did not get paid enough for all that.

Very busy workplace, plenty of opportunities to advance

It's a job. You have to go above beyond to get noticed. You have some people who are nice and will help you. I mostly stayed to myself and spoke up if needed help.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Breaks

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good place to work as a part-time Student.

Great job for a college student. Good place to work as a part-time Student. Flexible with your schedule, they work around your needs. You get free glasses every year.

Amazon Jr.

Money isn’t worth it, forced OT, and the wave monitors/leaders are unprofessional. Favoritism is definitely known. If you bring any issues about the leads/sups nothing happens. 0/10 recommended.

Pros

Free nasty food

Cons

Not enough money

My time working with Luxottica

This company offered me bonus pay at 20 extra dollars per hour. I worked these days and then was let go and never received my pay. This is very unprofessional. The recruiter I had has not helped me at all with receiving fair pay for what I have earned/worked for.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, No management(Manager help)

Working for Lux sometimes can be stressful. Some mangers are encouraging/fun but mean businesses at the same time. This warehouse is production base.

Pros

Free lunch, bonus, can apply to new dept.

Cons

Short breaks, never get your hours

If you value your mental wellness DONT WORK HERE!!!

Talk about a company that fills you up with hope to have a career and a future the be the one to let there own Sr directors (SJ) and manager (NE) be the one to show you the door!!! I worked here for 8.5 years, I started from the bottom as a Oakley store agent, to call center agent, and eventually work my way up to an analyst with work force management. I was encouraged to get this position and that they would not let me fail and would train me, we’ll guess what!?!?? I was thrown into it with 0 training and was set up to fail from day 1, and they even admitted that!!!! If you work here plan for the following -expected to put your family life on hold for work- have a bunch of vacation time you cannot use do to there so called business needs.-be held accountable for skill you do not have due to job role modifications.-bare minimum pay increase so the managers can pocket more.-don’t expect to go to HR, be cause there HRBP are buddy buddy with the people your trying to report. I wanted 8.5 years of my life I’ll never get back here!!!

Pros

Free glasses

Typical warehouse job

The pay was decent as well as paid time off. There is a decent turnover rate due to the type of work. Accuracy on the warehouse floor was far from ideal due to the number of temp employees that were cycled through. I enjoyed my time there, but I did not enjoy the pressure to reach what many fellow associates thought were unreasonable quotas. Upper management at the warehouse did not listen to lower management/associates during my time there. The healthcare/vision insurance available to associates was nice. The overtime was nice, but it was often mandatory around the holidays/peak times.

Pros

Healthcare/Vision insurance was good

Cons

Turnover rate led to numerous issues which were never factored in

welcoming staff & great benefits

everything is FAIR. the work environment is peaceful. pay is great. benefits are awesome. the whole job is a plus. i love working here. 10/10 i recommend

Pros

everything

Cons

short breaks

work life balance

Ability to work from home allows work life balance. Great team. Supportive management. Good learning experience. Utilizing my analysis, organization and technical skills.

Productive , can be fun, u learn, and grow in position

Interesting place to grow there's different positions within company. The environment is very friendly nice people there and leadership. If your like a job with details and responsibilities it's very good. It is goal driven so you have to be driven and get get used to it. I would say some of the things I don't like finding equipment can get hard for the job to to do sometimes. And work life balance can get hard even days off feels really like recovery.

Pros

Lunch, benefits

Cons

Work life

Caring Management

Supervisors really want to see you go far. Explained my goals and my supervisor is doing research on how to get me there. They also consistently let you know how awesome you are and if there’s anything they can help you with.

Pros

Work from home, holidays off

Cons

Short breaks, high stress

They're ripping off customers

Unless you're a LICENSED OPTICIAN, do not work here.They barely train the new hires how to properly fit people for their lenses and the medical necessity of their glasses.I was thrown to the wolves on my first day, it was pretty traumatic. Don't even get me started on the markups they do on their frames.Unless you want to get a killer discount on their glasses and get a free pair of glasses on your anniversary date, don't bother. Part time employees are taken advantage of, you'll only be full time if you are an optician

Pros

employee discount

Cons

Terrible company, terrible management.

Lots of favoritism

Supervisors have their pick and choose and the staff is rude, they feed you lunch they have a smoking area for people that smoke , they have shrt breaks

A very simple but uninspiring job. No clear path for production goals nor any motivation to meet goals.

Daily tasks are very repetitive with noisy backgrounds and physically taxing tasks. Entry level positions usually require employee to be standing/walking for about 3hrs straight until the first break begins (15 mins)and the cycle is repeated until the end of the day.

Pros

Free lunchs

Cons

Short breaks

Great Place just has there few supervisors.

OK place not much room for advancement pretty decent turn over rate. Some managers are amazing. Pay is okay could be a bit better. Benefits are pretty decent.

World class brands

Luxottica offers world class brands that are in demand and it can seem appealing from the outside looking in. Growth can occur when management has time to care. They’re often over worked therefore the needs of the bottom totem pole are left in the dust.

Pros

Great C suite execs but that’s it

Cons

Some management can seem careless. Rules for one person doesn’t apply to the next.

Fun workplace and great products!

I loved working here. It was my home away from home. They make you feel like part of the family. Great managers, pay, and hours. Great benefits with pto, medical, dental, and free vision tests..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight