Play YouTube video button

Luxottica Employee Reviews

United States2,621 reviews
Found 2,621 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Luxottica selected this as a representative review
absolutely love this company
they are high spirited and great. awesome company to work for, management is excellent. they are good to everyone and you get to have so much fun. having fun with our customers in a professional way just drives us to our goals.
Disappointed
My manager at Alameda California shared my personal health information with other people. I was terminated after filing several complaints. She also defamed me, spreading rumors.
Pros
Somewhat close to home
Cons
Poor leader ship
Fun job if you like fashion
This job wasn't bad. A lot of theft and the company makes a lot of money off of overpriced designer goods, can't get managers to stay. To manage a million dollar-store they are underpaid. In that sense, advancement looks disappointing. Fun company culture with high expectations. Commission is unreliable.
Lack of training
The company values their employees. The store manager is great, she’s a great leader and I learned a lot from her. The company only gives you about 20 hours of “module” training. (Bad reception on the iPads) Then They throw you out to the wolves. Most of your coworkers are busy trying to close their sale so they often aren’t available to answer questions you may have. Very busy.
Pros
Good leadership, great learning environment
Cons
Lack of training
Tread lightly
It’s a complex place with a lot of employees and not enough structure. Great benefits and exclusivity on certain products. Don’t expect kudos for doing a good job, just more work.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Good environment, small staff.
I enjoyed my time here- and if you are good at sales this is the job for you. I enjoyed the pay and commission. Close staff to get to know- and you get to know the doctor well.
Pros
Commission
Some great opportunities, but not a lot of advancement
My direct manager was amazing. Even having not worked there for a couple of years, her and I are still friends. She made it possible to have a work life balance. The management above her however, were all about the bottom line. They might make it seems like they were listening to you, but you knew you were not important to them and treated that way. There are some great opportunities to travel once a year, nationally or internationally depending on what you are chosen for, doing charity work for OneSight, which I highly recommend and is an incredible experience. Other than that, there is not much room for advancement. I could have become a manager in a different store, but seeing what my manager dealt with and no clear path as to where I would go from there, it did not seem worth it. Compensation and benefits were fair for. In fact, I was hired as part time and through hard work and helping out at different stores/brands, I was audited by the company and made full time within 6 months. The culture was fun because it was fun seeing the new brands and designs coming out first, plus trying on the new frames.
They give you a free pair of glasses once a year
Move around alot. Some dept shows favorite. When Covin-19 . People had it they didn't clean the place. Don't have a good team of management. Don't like to promote in the company.
Pros
Hours 5-3:30
Cons
Company manger
Fun environment, cares about its people
Wonderful Company to work for. Always something new to learn. Flexible scheduling. Benefits are amazing, including PTO and Holidays. They really care about work life balance.
Cutting hours
I have been with the company for over 20 years, I have been very happy with the pay and flexibility. The problem is that the company never gives you 40 hrs and keeps cutting hrs all the time due to sales volume. I cannot imagine being the bread winner there is no way you could meet a budget, every week the pay is different. Things have changed through the years
None compliance with rules
Management not fair to everyone, favoritism, none professional, no job security, breaks to short, listen to here say rather than investigate. No diversity, no respect of employees , none trust worthy when it come to spreads you’re cheated out of your money, where the rest of food you paid for go to management & their friends .anmoney split on the sid
Luxotica
The job was very cool but just kind of slow when it comes to being hired on. The main task was scanning products sorting them in totes till there’re filled and ship them to other countries.
It’s a great job to work at
I had a great experience working there .. Meet some wonderful peoples .. Learned different things there .. Great work in environment.. Wonderful job..
Temps/Contractors are Invisible
Very corporate. You’ll feel like Luxottica wished you were a robot. My actual supervisor was a great person but he had no power over anything, not even my schedule. I worked very hard and got great call scores and metrics every month but was never rewarded. Zero flexibility for work/life balance. Schedules changed every 3 months using “shift bids” for my department. They say it was “performance-based” but in reality, if you’re a temp, there’s no hope of day shift for you, not even when you have great call metrics and high survey percentages. I actually liked the metrics-based system, I found it competitive enough to be engaging on its own merit but adding in the extra level of call metrics deciding your schedule made people hardly work together as a team because now suddenly if you help Jane with her call knowledge, she might get better than you and take your shift in 3 months.

All in all, the company seems like a good place to work at first, good glasses benefits, on site facilities and cafeteria, impressive building. But work there for a few months and the facade breaks down quickly. During COVID-19, corporate NEVER sent out an email to contractors/temps yet sent out several emails to all permanent Lux employees with different information like working from home details, etc. The email would say ALL Luxottica employees, with zero note for temps so one would assume they were included if they were a temp. Even the supervisors thought temps were included by wording of the email sent to all by corporate. I got mixed messages on whether I could work from home during the crisis
 - more...
Great company
I love my job at luxottica. My co-workers are supportive and professional. Location is great. Doctors are awesome. And most of all you learn something everyday. Overall good job!
Inexperienced managers and high pressure sales
High-pressure sales for Low pay. Constantly changing upper management and a horrible culture. I finally left because I felt that this pressure to sell started to feel almost unethical. Stores were understaffed and most employees unhappy. Working nights, weekends and holidays. Lots of turnover at store level. Upper Management talked the talk but never walked the walk. Good benefits is the best part.
Benefits
Cons
Sales pressure, culture
I love it here
I left a company after working 12 years for them, one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Weekly pay, monthly bonuses, low pay for medical, dental and free vision.
Pros
Weekly pay, monthly bonuses
Cons
12 hours(4th shift)
An awful place to work. If they cared about there employees they would do better at keeping people there.
I would not reccomend working here. Management is awful and nobody cares about your wellbeing. The thing about here is if you are a good worker they will work you to death and have you doing everyone's job. Who by the way may way more money than you!
Big company could be doing more for employees
Luxottica offers an essential product to customers but needs to improve employee benefits and wages. And offer more competitive pricing/payment options to customers.
Pros
Turn around time for product is best in industry
Cons
Sufficient training is needed
Good for teenagers or those close to retirement
The job was only good for teenagers and those close to retirement. There was no upward mobility in the company. Hard work and attendance not recognized. Everyday started with a meeting about issues that did not pertain to me.
the company couldn't care less about patients or employees
The management all regurgitates the same jargony phrases about caring for the patients and employees, but everyone is pressured to do whatever it takes to make money. Every MD office reminds patients of annual visits but we associates of LC are required to record twelve (yes TWELVE (12)) categories of hassling anyone who's ever visited to get their credit cards back in store. Not anywhere in the job description but you can get written up for not "being obsessed" with obtaining exams.
DO NOT TRUST "STRETCH ASSIGNMENTS" There's high turnover for a reason, trying to get promoted means they just give you the job without pay for months to years as a "stretch assignment" before they're willing to let you apply for the pay for the job you've already been doing. Nearly half the stores in my region are being run by "Acting Managers" meaning none of them are paid as managers but they're held to the same standards. I know at least one who was written up for not performing well enough but he didn't even hold the title yet! Classic tactic to get the manpower without spending money on the people.

A relationship with your employer should be defined by open communication and clear expectations. This company will actively work against that to get employees to do more than their job description.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Luxottica.