Luxottica Employee Reviews

41K
Found 2,842 reviews matching the search See all 3,220 reviews
Overtime with little notice
Reverse Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 17, 2018
Luxottica is a decent company to work for. However, be expected to work overtime with little to no notice. The incentives offered for working 6 days/ 7 days straight are lucrative ones.

The company is impulsive when it comes to decision making; however, can benefit from increasing communications amongst its management team and hourly associates.
Great to learn new skills, good temporary job.
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 16, 2018
There's a lot to learn and a lot that changes, so it's good to really get you ready for the workforce, but they seem to refuse to promote from within. They exclusively hire people with no optical experience to run entire stores or regions of the company with little to no training.
Pros
Free glasses once a year
Cons
No career advancement
Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
A typical day at work includes greeting potential and repeat customers, handling large amounts of cash, assist customers in obtaining a credit card through Luxottica, and dropping end of day cash register moneys off to the bank.
Pros
Fast paced, no real uniform
Cons
Store wide employee hours reduction
Fun place to work at, not very realistic sales goals for our location but aside from that very easy and productive.
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMay 16, 2018
Fun place to work at, not very realistic sales goals for our location but aside from that very easy & productive. The return policy is too complicated
Pros
Easy tasks, long breaks, good commission.
Cons
Not enough hours, unrealistic goals, complicated return policy.
Good company
SENIOR GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 15, 2018
good company to work for, I just wish there was more recognition from the upper management on what we had to do on a daily basis as I feel like the Store managers were always ridiculed.
good
quality (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Luxottica is a good/average company to work for. Benefits are great, wages OK (some below market value) and management overall FAIR. Little to no employee activities planned.. an opportunity to improve employee morale and work place culture.
Benefits
Cons
tough workplace culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 12, 2018
The company give their associates a good start as an optician and learning tools to succeed. And the tools needed to take the American Board of Opticians exam, the company does compensate the associates that to take the exam and pass. Which is the change for advancement.
Pros
Prefer not to say
Cons
Prefer not to say
Sunglass Hut - Very Relaxed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 11, 2018
I work at a sunglass hut which is one of the main points of sale for Luxottica. The work environment is slow and relaxed with quick pick ups normally around spring and summer. Management and HR are very helpful and understanding if an issue is to arise. This would be a great first job for anyone interested in retail with plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Almost never rushed
Cons
Most positions are only part-time
Productive, positive, passionate
Lead eyecare advisor (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 10, 2018
Working at lens crafters was definitely a great experience. I was trained hands on also with modules, i picked up within the same week. I grew and matured within months. I became retail/ lead eyecare advisor and i was cordinating the retail floor, as a full time 40+ flexible schedule, and passionate worker. I also have experience in the eye exam doing pre-examinations for the doctors.
Pros
Benifits, Pto, helping with growing through the optical education i
Cons
Low on staff
Director, LensCrafters LRNA (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 10, 2018
Great place to work and develop career. Gave me a TON of experience as they are on the cutting edge of innovation. I would encourage leadership to gain alignment and provide a stronger sense of stability to employees as it is riddled with multiple layers and layoffs.
Pros
appetite and capital to do great things
Cons
leadership needs alignment
Fast-paced environment
Optician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 9, 2018
Luxottica is a high-end retail environment, which requires critical thinking and strong work ethic to keep up with the demands of the company. It is fun learning about different frames and how to serve the clients that walk in
Provide a fun friendly environment.
Day Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73118May 9, 2018
I have fun and relaxing time at all the work areas Provide excellent customer service. Meeting new people I enjoy meeting. I will all my jobs and friends come join use.
Pros
Something new every day
Cons
Just one hour breaks
Good job starting out
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because of the multiple benefits available for Sunglass Hut and Lenscrafters. The only downfall about working for this company was the changes in management during my time working there. My manager was not trained properly and was never evaluated on her work performance. Then the district manager left out of the blue, therefore we got a new one within two months or so and I never met the woman the rest of the time I worked there. Working for this company is great if you work in a big store, if you work in a mall that's on the verge of bankruptcy, they don't care about you at all.
Pros
Employee benefits, incentives
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Productive and fun work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 7, 2018
Overall the workplace culture was great, management wasnʻt the best shed always make our schedule late and it wasnʻt convenient at all. Pay sucked, and hours sucked. They only gave a certain amount of hours to distribute, managers get the full 40 and the rest of the employees get less than 30-20 hrs.
Glad to have retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 6, 2018
This was my only retail job but I liked it as opposed to a department store because I liked learning about our more personal products and services.
The close relationship working with customers felt more genuine and I liked a smaller work environment to better get to know my co workers.
Pros
nice sunglasses discount
Cons
busy around the holidays, worked on XMAS and Thanksgiving
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2018
i loved working with the customers in high end fashion it was a fun environment making people feel confident in what they were putting on there face seeing how a simple pair of glasses could skyrocket someone confidence it was definitely a great job
Pros
working in an high fashion fun environment
Cons
no cons
ok
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIMay 4, 2018
this was an ok place to work. They spent a lot of time training managers. I liked my job, it was too bad I worked in a season dependent store. I would work there again though.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2018
I learned how to work well with others efficiently, manage my time wisely on individual and group projects (setting up store signs, etc..).
The work environment is very intense and speedy but you get used to it very quickly. Most enjoyable part was the flexible schedule as a part time sales associate.
Pros
Discount on the whole store (including clearance)
Cons
Short breaks
Customer Service and Sales Rep Associate
Customer Service and Sales Rep Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 3, 2018
Provide quality customer service, and assist with sales.
• Coordinate visual designs for new floor models and sales displays.
• Maintained front door display to streamline flow and enhance sales.
• Oversees cash register for opening and closing of store calculations.
• Responsible for planning and implementing new merchandise promotions.
• Supplied advance materials for schedule meetings, and team conferences.
• Coordinate and assist with sale event planning and merchandise freelancing.
• Evaluate merchandise inventory, damaged merchandise and stolen merchandise reports.
• Coordinate and managed multiple projects and events such as new merchandise marketing.
• Assist with implantation of security and loss prevention strategies for merchandise assurance.
• Handle returns for damaged merchandise for high-end designers, vendors and manufacturers.
• Responsible for fixing damage glasses and adjust lenses including the frame of the glasses for customers
satisfaction and comfortable wear.
Pros
Great Glasses
Cons
Low pay
Chaotic poor management
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 3, 2018
I worked there for a brief time. I've worked in many call centers but this job had me going bonkers! I literally wanted to quit every day. You dont get the help and answers you need to perform your job correctly. A phone call can last 30 minutes when it should only be 5, they expect you to find all your answers on WIKI, that's hard to do when they have a major slow outdated system. I would not recommend anyone working there. It's also full of be bopping college kids, the cafeteria is over priced and not the best I've had. If you are contracted to work there you have to park at the church and be bussed to Lux. All in all this job added so much stress due to management it was unhealthy for me to work there. It's a completely disorganized mess! With riddle me this for answers! RIDICULOUS!
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Not enough time to eat at cafeteria and be back to your desk on time, outdated computers slow as mollases, awful management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Luxottica. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight