LXRandCo Employee Reviews

In-store team was fine, but company-wise management lacked
Story Teller (Sales) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2019
If you’re looking for something short term and transitional? This is for you. They hire OFTEN, so don’t expect to attach to any colleagues.

Insurance plan is overpriced.
Pros
Commission is decent on a good month, small team can be enjoyable.
Cons
Upper mgmt will drive you to leave, due to lack of support for Story Tellers or Sen. ST’s (managers)
Cute job o whateva but tbh some of the things are FAKE. And we were told to hush about it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2019
Honestly working for the company is ok for like someone that wants to start Luxury Sales... commission is 1% but if you hit the monthly goal it can be 5%. We had a couple of things that were for sure fake and I told management about it and was told to hush and sell it anyways... I felt embarrassed tbh selling some of the things to customers. I felt ashamed. Management is wack and people are thirsty for 1% they steal sales take away sales for stupid reasons. No organization is for sure. I could literally go early and some of my co workers would cover for me and vice versa, go for lunch for 2-3 hours even just roam around the store when making 3 sales or whatever for my other co workers to make COINZ. Lol but anyways I wouldn’t go back. Oh ONE LAST THING YOU COULD CLOCK IN AND OUT FROM PHONE WAS DOING IT UNTIL I GOT CAUGHT 😂
Pros
Your motha!
Took Forever to receive a response
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 20, 2019
I applied and was invited to come in for an in person interview which went amazing and was led to believe I got the job. I was told to expect a call the next day to go over a few final details. After two days of not hearing anything I emailed the manager I interviewed with and was told that they were not going to go any further with my application.

I believe if I hadn’t emailed her, I would still be waiting for a phone call today and do not believe they had any intentions of informing me this either until I asked.

I truly believed that I had gotten the job so I canceled an interview for another job.

Kind manager, not well run.

It’s a shame it didn’t work because it seemed like a lot of fun and I could really help get it going
fun
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 8, 2019
Fun place to work, I love that the schedule was made a month in advance. The handbags for the most part came in really great shape. They really try to help you with the company.
Pros
schedule
Cons
belk
LXRandCo
Story Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
This job is okay. If you meet your sales goal, you receive a small percentage of your sales depending on which goal you make. Employees and the senior manager are easy to get along with. You need to have persistence, initiative, confidence, thoroughness, charm, responsibility and commitment if you want to succeed. You have to easily be able to learn things quickly. You are scheduled to work independently most of the time, but you can always contact your senior manager for any questions regarding the store. You have to contact your clients yourself for promotions or new inventory, there is no marketing team, only you. You have to be computer savvy and be able to calculate numbers. They depend on technology and numbers. Be prepared to always be on your feet.
Pros
Employee discount, Team work with other employees to achieve monthly goal, Socializing with clients can be interesting
Cons
Hardly no weekends off, Unrealistic Sales Goals, Slow days, Short breaks on Sundays, Not a very well-known company so you have to constantly explain and market the company yourself, Surprise district manager store visits, On your feet all day long
Stay clear you can find better
Pays $14/hr
And commission if passed two tier goals which are given by cooperate. Manager is unfair with hours, very unprofessional, treats workers in his favor- favoritism. When reached out to a higher up nothing was done. If you would like to work here be prepared for the disrespect of management- judged by your clothing, given less hours, being insulted indirectly, and many other things. $14 And hr isn't enough to live by when paid every 2 weeks.
Pros
C21 discount
Cons
Short breaks, Less hours, Pressured for sales, Clothing must be liked by manager, Favoritism, No paid time off unless your manager or higher up
Wouldn't reccomend
Pays $14/hr
Pros
C21 discount
Wouldn't reccomend
Pays $14/hr
Pros
C21 discount
Cons
Horrible company that does not value employees
Senior story teller (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 28, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. There is no training whatsoever but you are expected to sell bags that cost thousands of dollars without knowing anything about them. There have a lot of changes in corporate in the last year. They act like they're a new company even though they have been around for almost a decade. They keep rolling back selling incentives. In the 7 months I worked here, I only met my district manager twice and she was otherwise unreachable. The prices of the bags are astronomical and a hard sell but the company acts like everyone wants them. The quality of the bags are very low. Many fall apart right after purchase. There aren't any advancement opportunities. They expect managers to be available for conference calls and to email people even when they are not working
They have a marketing team but expect employees to hand out fliers at local businesses but dont reimburse for gas
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Literally everything
Run away. McDonalds is Better
Management (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 21, 2018
High goals commission based.
Management is delusional.
Not one person in field knows ANYTHING to help us. The Most unprofessional place in the ENTIRE world. ANYTHING More than a One Star was written by Company.
DON'T be fooled. Please IF you REALLY need a job DO NOT even apply. Their turnover rate is Over 300%
Pros
You dont do much because you Cant make much
Cons
Recruiting is Good at fooling people into thinking this is a Real company
Great fit for outgoing people
Story Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. The job is paced however you'd like it to be, if you want a lot of sales it will be a bit intense. Manager at my location was super sweet and understanding.
If you see a bad review, take it into consideration
Story Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Horrible district management that takes advantage of associates. Always pushes for impossible sale goals, does not care about their associates well being, little to no management in store.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Avoid Company at all COSTS!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2018
Selfish, money hungry, and POOR MANAGEMENT. avoid at all cost working for these people.RIDICULOUS SALES GOALS with overly priced second hand goods which some were FAKE!
Pros
Hourly Rate
Cons
everything else
Crazy experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 28, 2018
I'm grateful for the income I made and for the wonderful customers that became returning clients for our store. I made great connections and enjoyed serving my customer's.
Pros
Salary, excellent customers
Cons
Unreliable staff coverage, high theft area, and many more
Worse job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 9, 2018
The manager for McAllen Texas is the worst she fires everyone , very unprofessional don’t recommend this company they expect you to do everything
Not fair
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful environment
Horrible place to work
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  BurlingtonJuly 3, 2018
Horrible Corporate and Managment , unrealistic goals with no tools given to complete goals, Un coordinated and managment is horrible, noone is attainable
Boring and not challenging.
Senior Story Teller (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 26, 2018
This company has no sense of direction. Poor focus. Also this company has a poor communication system to their employees. It also makes employees feel unappreciated and like they fight against the own company. Promotions online are not available on store yet they demand us to produce sales.
Pros
Very calm environment
Cons
Very calm environment and no pressure or focus to follow. Hey