LYCON INC.

Working at LYCON INC.: 39 Reviews

United States39 reviews

longhourpaydaytimecompanygoodmanagement

No room to grow, uncaring to employees

There is no room to grow in this company and the management and HR treat employees with disrespect. Even with decent pay and great benefits, the staff turnover is very high which is why they are always desperately hiring. I've seen staff get fired after 6-18 months working here without any reviews during their employment so they are then caught off guard and jobless. HR is useless. The benefits are good but I definitely don't recommend working here.

Pros

health and dental benefits

Cons

bad management/HR, no PTO first yr, high staff turnover, no advancement

Negative workplace

Such a unbelievably bad company to work for. I don't usually make reviews but had to. I'm never been treated so poorly. I have nothing nice to say about this company. STAY AWAY

LYCON INC. insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Good people to work with. As long as you stay at lower management and below.

Bad scheduling. No notice on when you work or weekends..We had to call in after shift to find out time and place for next morning. No set start or done times.

You are treated as a number and not a member of the team. Treat employees like dirt

2 thumbs down. I wouldn't go back to this company if my life depended on it. Nobody is comfortable at this company because they don't give you any assistance to get you going on the correct path.

Pros

Overtime after 8 hrs

Cons

No family time, impossible toof a time to get off work for an appointment.

Worse Company I have ever worked for

If you like being yelled at for equipment braking down and never see your family then this is the job for you. They say family matters but in reality the only thing that does is getting material delivered. You apply for a specific job but they make you do a different one and then hires someone else for the job you applied for. HR lies to you from day one. He preaches about how go the health care is. But you never get to use it because they don’t let you out on time or at all for your appointment or they make you change the appointment to accommodate the job schedule. Pay scale starts out lower that other companies and it takes forever to get a pay raise.

Benefits

Opportunities to grow

They will give you an opportunity to drive as a new or experienced driver. You get trained by former drivers who have been promoted into management positions. They know what they are doing and will share their experience with you.Best medical benefits I have ever seen. Profit sharing is great.

Pros

Insurance, benefits, profit sharing and equipment.

best benefits around

great retirement and best health you can get no deductible. hours can be long in season but the overtime is worth it. The retirement program is awesome definitely feel like you can get a head here.

Pros

people and the best equipment in the industry

Cons

contractors can be tough at first but that gets better quickly

Gave me work when I needed a job

Didn’t know a thing of the concrete world. In 9 months they taught me a ton! Got to see the country side I would of never seen. Some long days and some short. Made some good friends as well. Did what was expected of me and they treated me fairly. Benefits were extremely well. Will definitely go back in the future if needing work again.

Benefits

Cons

Never knowing your end time for the day.

A rewarding Job with room for advancement.

Lycon hired me right out of highschool and the hiring process and training was very smooth as well as paid. I think it would be a good job fit for those that like working independently and don't need hand holding. You can expect to be put in an older truck when you are first hired but if you make the effort to keep your truck clean and not upset the contractors (That can be a challenge sometimes!) You can expect to be put in a much nicer truck as well as regularly receive raises. You won't get paid as much as other ready mix companies but the excellent health insurance that comes of no cost makes up for the pay. One area I think Lycon could improve on is communication between management and dispatch to drivers. Co-workers and I often felt like we were in the dark on many things and we would be told last minute on updates. If you are someone who often needs time off for family or health reasons this is not the job for you it can often be hard to get just a sick day off. You can expect to get 50-60 hours a week in the summer and will have to work Saturdays sometimes also. In winter you get a break from the long hours and you can expect reduced hours. Overall I would say I've enjoyed my time at Lycon. Many of the negatives are just the nature of the job and not solely Lycon's fault. As long as you know what you are getting into before hand I'd definitely recommend working for Lycon.

Pros

Paid overtime after 8 hours, health insurance, co-workers

Cons

Not flexible hours, never know start time or end time for the day, communication between management and dispatch

Paid training, modern equipment and advancement opportunities.

There will always be those few with bad attitudes towards Lycon and yet they refuse to leave and work for someone else. It's because they know they work for a great company. The pay is good with daily overtime available, the insurance is second to none, 401k and profit sharing are excellent and opportunities for advancement are available to those who want to succeed in life. There are long days from spring till fall but remember, it's construction, that's the way it's always been and a fat paycheck from the overtime definitely makes it worth the effort! My fellow associates are great people. I have formed many friendships over the years and I'm grateful to work beside people I can trust and will support me when needed. It's an ideal opportunity if you want a solid career!

Pros

Outstanding insurance thats cheap. Good pay. Advancement opportunities. Great friendships.

Cons

Some long days in the summer but thats construction life.

I have been at the company for a few years now, The benefit are second to none. The retirement is AWSOME. Overtime after 8hrs. The Management has always been very fair. I would definitely recommend this Company to anyone who is looking for a a good, fun workplace

Pros

great benefits and overtime after 8hrs

Cons

some long days

Yelling unrespectfull

They yell without explanation and no training. If you work here you best know how cause they say they will train you but dont. Because they don't train you when you do something wrong you get yelled at and degraded. You get poked fun of in front of other employees, as well as yelled at in front of other employees. There is no respect or trust!

Pros

Pay and bennifits

Cons

No respect, no training, constant yelling.

Awful company from top to bottom

They preach how good the insurance is to justify gross underpayment after years of experience and working you for 60+ hours a week on salary. Quit and went to another company with better insurance making over 30k more a year from day 1. Time off is non existent. Plants are hilariously understaffed. Good luck getting your desired days off vacation off or getting out early to use this amazing health insurance they never stop talking about. Treat drivers like garbage and refuse to promote them within the company. Absolutely no room for growth as a plant manager. You can just go to a different plant for the same pay when someone quits. Owner is way too involved in day to day Operations. Major inferiority complex. Overall if you're looking to be treated like garbage every day and work insane hours without any reward. This is the place to be. But if you have an ounce of respect for yourself I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

Pros

Gain experience to make money elsewhere

Cons

Just about everything

Productive with an opportunity to learn the mixing business.

A great start if you want to work with a mixing company.I had an opportunity to work with many different individuals that showed me how to properly drive and the in and outs of the mixing business.

Some Truth!

I worked here for a little over one year and I wanted to share my experience to help others make an informed decision for their careers. I drove a dump truck, which consisted of hauling material to various plants and job sights within a 100 mile radius. I would say that it was very easy money and I enjoyed the predictable schedule. Being home every night was a real plus. The culture of the drivers was friendly but nosey and very gossipy. Management really does a great job. You can tell safety is the main goal for them. (As it should be.) Insurance was good but that’s all you ever heard about. It’s a bit over rated and I would of rather seen better compensation on my check every week. My dispatcher was a miserable person and took it out on the fleet. Very bad attitude EVERY DAY! He was condescending and belittling. His consistent negativity made this a difficult place to work. If you’re serious about you’re CDL career, want to earn real money and respect I would keep shopping.

Awesome company to grow with!

Working with Lycon is a great opportunity for anyone that wants to have a solid future! From the interview process to the guidance that the manager trainers provide new drivers throughout their careers! The annual company picnic will blow you away! The health Insurance is THE Best I have ever scene! If you are looking for a company to call home this is the one! Lycon is the best in the business! Mike

Not worth it

Management treats employees like a number, under paid, dispatchers are liars, impossible to get off work for important events, will screw you over on vacation time.

Driving to the terminal pickup loads an delivery to the plants

Need to change it up a little bit so people will say with the company people are always going around stress out about there being treated at the company that’s not good at all nobody wants to work in that way

Na

- hours vary based on season and weather -obtain 30 hours per week on average in winter months -summer months work up to 70 hours per week -coworkers are amazing

Horrible management

Horrible management! It is impossible to advance due to HR not willing to work with you. A lot of the workers have bad attitudes which makes for a bad work environment and long days.

Very last resort

Unless you wanna be imprisoned at work with low pay and no life and be treated like your stupid go somewhere else. And some people are like gossip queens so don't say anything you don't want the whole company to know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LYCON INC.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare LYCON INC. with

LYCON INC. reviews by popular job title

• LYCON INC.