Lyft Corporate Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical work day
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day for me is for me to determine what time Im going to be getting up to begin my work day. This is soly based on traffic and looking at my map on my phone that is determining where the areas are that are the most busiest. After the indviduals are securely inside my vehichle I try to make it as comfortable of a drive as possible.
Pros
Determine your own schedule.
Cons
Not a set gaurantee of working stability.
former driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
you never may know who enters your car... peaceful people or drunk, biggot or other. Just keep a dash cam if client ends up locking your account on false accusation on your driving satus.
Pros
make good $$ and tips
Cons
bad managment that dont have a phone line
my day
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 25, 2018
When I have time off, I drive for lyft. The clients are nice just want a ride from their location. Mostly you are free to make your own daily drives it all depends on when someone needs a ride.
Pros
pay out daily
Cons
unknown of rides per day
Enjoy the freedom to work when I want.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMay 29, 2018
Lyft sends me a clients name pickup and destination. I pick up the passenger and drive them to their destination safely. Communicate with customers and establish excellent customer service.
Pros
Free schedule
Cons
wait time can be long
Productive nice people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, TNMay 29, 2018
Meeting new people, talking to people, driving people where they need to go and going places where never been before, bounces, tips from passengers, dealing with heavy traffic and congestion of the downtown area
Pros
Bounces and tips
Cons
No healthcare
Contract job that allows you to rent a car and get paid to drive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 8, 2018
Enjoyed getting to know new cities and meeting new people, The harder you work the more you put yourself out there in the right areas especially in metro San Francisco right at the time everybody got off work you could make a killing on a Friday and Saturday night. A typical night at work started about five or six I’m working till about one or two in the morning, hardest part of the job was when the GPS with the most enjoyable part is when you got to have a really awesome conversation for switching to music with you . Management is very hands off it was tomorrow if you need something you can go to your hub. But there was always a minimum 150 ride quota to meet. The dedicated usually succeeded well. But overall very fun job.
Pros
Working for yourself
Cons
Tax time
Great job to have.
Georgia Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
Always keep your riders happy with a clean car, accurate gps, friendly conversations, and being on time as much as possible. It is so easy to do. Part of everyday life.
Pros
Disounts at gas station and getting a new car.
Great culture, amazing management
City Analytics (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2018
Management gave me a lot of room to grow. They let me take on extra projects and provided me opportunities to expand my knowledge.

Culture is amazing and I really felt apart of the team during my time there, my voice was heard and my work was noticed.
lyft customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2018
This job allowed me to travel and meet various types of people and personalities. Working with this position was a real treat as it allowed me to mix and mingle with other personalities.
Pros
felxability
Cons
hours
lyft is very exciting
Customer Service/Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2018
Lyft is a great job. It allows you to make your own schedule. The passengers are very nice and interesting to talk to. I would tell anyone who qualifies to sign up.
fun to wake up and be my own boss
Time management (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 6, 2018
simple make rides and take the passengers to their destination happy and save.
sometimes its interesting the people i get to meet and get to know their life style or simply have a fun conversation.
Do postmates instead
Driver/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2018
honestly this company is a cool idea, but in the city that i live in, the fares are so low that we literally would have to work 40 hours a week to hit 500 dollars before taxes. its just not livable. if youre going to put miles on your car with little compensation, so postmates instead.
Pros
n/a
Cons
pay
Lyft
Regional Response Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Its simply not a career. as part time job its fine. There is no room for advancement. There is no benefits. There is no paid time off. There is no job incentive.
Fun, productive work environment.
Data Science Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the company culture and leadership. The positive values are aligned with individual and collaborative growth. Active efforts made to improve employee experience.
Pros
Sign on bonus and flexible working hours.
Beware
Critical Response Line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Horrible culture and practices...Work on a better strategy for management and the quality of people you hire. Apply the values from training. Don't sell the dream and let people walk into a nightmare. The Nashville office needs work. It's like being in high school all over again. The job is great but the people who work there make it unbearable. Because they won't fire people, they force people to quit by ignoring a hostile and toxic work …
good for extra cash or to get by between jobs
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2017
Requires a major time commitment to support yourself if this is your only income. expect to drive 50-60 hours per week if you need to do this full time in order to make enough money. Limited support from Lyft when issues arise, and beware of pukers on the weekends.
Great benefits, terrible working environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNOctober 27, 2017
When you first start working there you are sold on culture and space for autonomy and creativity. At first it felt like a family and everyone was driven by the Owners passion for community. After a short time you begin to see there is terrible leadership. If your not a top level manager you don't matter. Your told it's "one team" but only when you are asked to give or sacrifice. It's very hard to performance manage teams because there is no policy consistency, yet Leads are being let go left and right for reasons that at best would be coaching opportunities. Upper management and HR do not care to support Leads, only care about how they are viewed.
Pros
benefits are out of this world - but not worth the instability and lack of support
Cons
terrible upper management, lack of support
If you like having fun while working lyft is it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2017
Pick your own schedule
laid back work atmosphere
Management are friendly
Modern Fun workplace culture
Relaxed dressed code
Self displine
Office style setup
Great job to have while job hunting
customer service (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2017
All my customers always ask- how do you like working for Lyft? My response is always the same. I am thankful it exist, Im job hunting and it better than staring at the computer crying because companies are not getting back to me.
Pros
You can set a destination
Cons
It is completely unpredictable whether you will get a $5 ride or $50 ride.
Working for Lyft
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Driving for Lyft has its pro's and con's. In order to make good money you have to work evening and night hours or early morning. hours. This is a very difficult job if you have a family.
I need something for steady.
Pros
You can work whenever you want.