Lyft

Lyft Employee Reviews

United States3,942 reviews
Found 3,942 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Lyft selected this as a representative review
Driving for Lyft is pretty neat. You get to drive whenever you want to, stop whenever you want to, you have the ability to receive bonuses, and you're able to rent a car from them if you don't want to use your own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
More wear and tear on your car.
Identity politics has no place in companies that deal with the general public...Liberalism is a mental illness...The fact that CEO’s have now determine that their none beliefs should now be part and parcel of their companies job description is sad on so many levels...
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Mental and verbal abuse from riders
Too many rides where the distance to pickup was greater than the distance for the ride. Also, you can accept a ride, then have it changed to a different passenger and location in the opposite direction. One time I was actually on the phone getting specific instructions from the passenger. While on the phone, Lyft gave my ride to someone else and again sent me in the opposite direction for a different passenger. Had to tell the first one that I wouldn't be picking him up after we had confirmed exact pickup point.
Pros
Your own schedule
Cons
Better rides for those working long hours.
I have enjoyed working for Lyft the past couple of weeks. Ran into a few snags here and there but overall it's been a lifesaver for extra money when I no longer get unemployment.
Pros
Flexible hours, tips
Cons
Have to ride with the windows down even in the heat or rain
The gig economy has crashed. It’s not at all lucrative anymore. It seems to cost more than I made. When I started I could make near $25 an hour, later I couldn’t get more than $10, before expenses.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
To much work for to little pay I pay for gas and the rental fees plus lyft takes more of a percentage then they claim work has been harder to come my in my city since the pandemic and I pay taxes on even the money they take this was a waste of time and money
The best job in the world! Great people all the time mostly and extremely interested all the way around, a life changing experience for anyone CJT, I'd really like to thank Lyft for everything they do as they grow and prosper with a great and winning team of good people may God bless you all!
Pros
Great people to drive always
Cons
No cons
After things started to open back up, it came in handy when unemployment won't answer your calls. As a female driver, I wish Lyft collected verifiable information from passengers. I can't tell you the number of badgals2000 with no picture and a pick up location in a dark setting I've come across. The least they should have is a picture and a first name.
They leave u high and dry with u get in an accident. And when there is too much traffic. And then you rent a car its too expensive. And they need better bounces.
They wouldn't cover me in an accident and they also didn't tell me that I needed as special kind of insurance on my personal insurance so they didn't cover me either and so I ended up having to pay out of pocket despite being under two difference insurances. Don't drive lyft and don't go with Geico
Pros
work whenever you want
Cons
everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lyft?
Lyft doesn't care about you. At all. In any way. They have proven that time and again by offering no real benefits, constantly cutting pay and eliminating bonuses, and providing no support 99% of the time there is a problem with a ride; that's just to name a few. Lyft is a garbage company just like the rest of the app based "gig economy" scams. Best case scenario, they all either go out of business due to the pandemic or Congress finally does something right and forces them to offer fair wages and benefits. More often than not, you are earning less than minimum wage; and that is before factoring in your time, costs, and vehicle wear.
Pros
Set your own schedule. That's it.
Cons
Earn pennies or negative dollars per hour, no benefits, no support, will leave you screwed if something happens while you're driving.
Driving for Lyft is a great gig. I really enjoy the interactions with my riders and learn things about people everyday when I am driving. The only issue I had was with a slow GPS system that seems to be an issue with many drivers ande riders. Other than that my time with Lyft has been fun and personally satisfying.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, Earning based on work ethic, Fantastic interactions with people.
Cons
GPS System needs to be faster and more accurate
flexible job with much time to enjoy it. The support is a little lacking and you get standard answers to most problems. You are your own boss so thats a plus.
Not a bad job if you are single and have your own car and a lot of free time on your hands. Work can be a little frustrating some days. Some passengers have no respect for you or your car.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Long hours if you want to make real money.
You're self-employed picking up people dropping them off most of the time it was pretty fun but then you did get a few bad apples that made the ride uncomfortable but other than that people pretty great what are expectations to meet demands sometimes not practical
While you have complete control over where and when you work the pay is not competitive at all and if given the choice Lyft will dump you on the curb just to make a passenger happy
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Total lack of Driver support
Driving is ok but pay is not a lot of risk and a lot of miles in your car a lot of waiting most specially at the airport be early leave early overall not bad
I don’t like the way the platform changed paying for every mile as I lost money when I only went 1-2 miles to pick passengers and then went a short distance to drop them off that put me in the hole I was not asked to participate it was forced on me. I drive for lyft and uber both and I only ran on Lyfts platform when uber was slow. I also didn’t like how they ALWAYS took the passengers word over mine
Pros
Bonus pay
Cons
Taking passengers word over mine
As a Lyft driver it was hard to find people at times. An you always have to be aware of there rating. Cause that usually means they're bad riders. I did like how most people were really nice an generous, for the most part i like it
Pros
You're your own boss
Cons
You never know who your picking up
I enjoy working with lift but I feel they don’t have enough incentives for drivers. I also feel that they should inform driver of the drop off destination before getting to the passenger location. Lyft does have lots of info for you to read before you start driving with them.
Pros
They provide insurance if you need it and they keep you updated on current events.
Cons
Can’t contact them when you really need them.
It is impossible to speak to a live human being in this company to solve any issues - Background checks have taken 25 days - still not complete - blame is on covid closures - yet in june when many more offices were closed - my uber background check took 25 minutes to complete - overall just a horrible experience - very frustrating - do yourself a favor and drive for uber only - especially now when rides are in abundance
Cons
Horrible customer service -- no support for drivers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lyft.