Lyft Employee Reviews

you are your own boss
Self Employed Driver (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 22, 2017
Lyft definitely got me through a rough patch in my life. It is one of those jobs that can open so many doors to different things an opportunities....just by interacting with your clients
Fun
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Lyft was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Who wouldn't want to be their own boss? I would recommend this job to anyone! If you like free time and making extra money whenever you want! Go for it!
flexable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2017
work when you want whenever you want. work after your part time job or even your full time. its a great way to earn a few extra dollar in your wallet.
As a female Driver I do not feel safe at night
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2017
Unfortunately most of the riders/passengers were not of high quality. I cannot drive at night with Lyft because I feel unsafe. I have canceled many rides because I feel unsafe. To be fair I am a female driver and a male driver may not have the same situation.
Fun place to work for
Uber/Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 21, 2017
Ok job drive people to there destinations Good conversations Have break at any time Liston to good music Good side job if you have to pay bills Nice people
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
People smells
good
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Basically you have to wait for a fare to pop up, then you pick them up at their location and take them to their destination. It's easy and the pay is good. The only bad part is the wear and tear on your car, plus I think lyft gives you a lot of great fares at the start of your shift, but then slowly decreases the amount/distance you go.
Mantienes un horario abierto, lo que te permite ajustarte en cualquier situaciĆ³n.
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Es divertido, aunque exaustivo, Lyft te permite mantener un horario abierto lo que no impide realizar otras actividades con libertad.
Excellent Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy meeting new people from all walks of life, I can take breaks whenever I need too. I love having the flexibility of being able to work when I want too.
Pros
Flexibility, nobody over you
Typical day of Lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Drive around and wait for a call. Always make sure you have water to offer each rider. I learned that there are many people use Lyft and that Las Vegas is a diverse city. The hardest part about Lyft is having riders make a mess in your car and I always have to get it detailed twice a week or sometimes more.
fun job, you are your own boss
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
fun work environment, make your own hours. you get to interact with a wide variety of customers. i also really enjoy driving and listening to music so it was a good fit.
Great hours
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I was able to work the hours and the time that I wanted. I was able to meet a lot of interesting and new people and have a lot of interesting conversation. I get to learn the city.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
No benefits
Don't waste your time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Lyft pays their drivers terrible. They are constantly lowering their prices and railing their drivers in one way or another. This job is terrible if you are looking at it as a serious source of employment. Because it is so terrible, Lyfts primary business strategy is to hire as many drivers as possible because the turnover is so high. The net result of that is that the market is completely saturated with drivers. It isn't uncommon (as far as my experience goes) to sit around for extended periods of time with absolutely no work at all. I worked in Los Angeles, and there were many days where I would work for 8 or 9 hours and make 30 dollars or less. Combined with the costs of insurance, gas, car payments, you are honestly lucky if you break even (in my case.)

I know there are people who make a living with Lyft and they do alright, but that certainly wasn't me.

Advice: If there is some kind of promotion like 500 dollars for signing up and doing 100 rides, or whatever it might be, do it. Knock out the rides and get your sign on bonus. Chances are it is the most money you will ever make driving for lyft.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay sucks, liability high, hours suck, saturated work market, damage to your car from customers etc.
Great Flexibility, Comeptitive
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 17, 2017
This job offers great flexibility in work hours, but is difficult to project hours and fares available. I have been able to work in Denver and in Tampa. I found the Denver market to be much better for opportunities to make money.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Availability of fares
If you like having fun while working lyft is it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2017
Pick your own schedule
Self displine
Office style setup
Great and exciting job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Michigan Ctr, MISeptember 16, 2017
Fun,interesting job,meet new and great friendly people,flexibility of the job,is awesome. It's a good job for college and retired folks looking for something to do,in there off time.
Pros
Meet new and interesting people
Be your own BOSS
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco County, CASeptember 15, 2017
If you are self motivated, disciplined, goal oriented, and driven - you can do this job.

Commission only, full time work is not for the faint-hearted in any business. You have to know what you want and set your goals to it.

However the plus side with Lyft, is that they help you connect with clients so you dont have to by the press of a button.

This is all on you - your car is your office. But dont forget to give exceptional customer service while keeping your eyes on the road.

Anytime I send an email to Lyft, they usually respond within a few hours, which lets me know they are looking out for me. This is important and they have done a great job so far.
Pros
Your own time
Cons
Flat tire
Great place to work!
Driver and Partner (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 14, 2017
I would highly recommend working for Lyft. Dive for a few hours and still be able to have a life outside of my work. It is a win win. You have to be self motivated to make money.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
Their insurance policy deductibles for drivers using LYFT insurance after an accident is too high! 2, 500 is the deductible and the driver should have options for lower deductible.
Helping society get around
Ride Share Experience Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2017
Not as competitive or fast-paced as uber, lyft is as well a very fun sociable job experience. A chance to provide help to those in need of ride and an excellent way to be your own boss!
Cons
Slow at times, not as profitable as uber
Great for extra money
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2017
Excellent 2nd job! Fantastic extra income and a great opportunity for tax write-offs! Though, the rental program is only viable if you drive full-time
Lyft is what you make it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I think there should be a base pay rate, every ride is a different amount but I think the cheapest ride fare should be $10. Also I think Lyft should allow you to see where you are picking up and dropping off a passenger before you accept the ride.
Pros
You work when you want
Cons
Are in my review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9