Lyft Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,366 reviews matching the search See all 1,370 reviews
Featured review
Lyft selected this as a representative review
There's no real boss, besides corporate and yourself.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2018
Driving for Lyft is pretty neat. You get to drive whenever you want to, stop whenever you want to, you have the ability to receive bonuses, and you're able to rent a car from them if you don't want to use your own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
More wear and tear on your car.
good to have your owne scheduale
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2018
Good to choose your own schedule
Good bonus
no benefits
i am working with lyft right now and i like that
i would recommend this company for my friends and any one
Don’t do it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2018
Lyft is not a good idea. I am in Arizona and it is so over saturated it is hard to get good pickups.
- The places that are popular bring anxieties and scary people. Keep in mind if you work the late shift, you’re picking up drunk people including ones from strip clubs. I’ve encountered very rude and scary people.
-Airport pickups are a nightmare! First you have to wait in the staging area and your put in a queue. This can take anywhere from an hour to two hours. Second the terminal areas they set to pick up passengers fits maybe two cars at a time. If it’s busy the security person makes you drive around until there is a spot.
Pros
It’s money coming in when you don’t have any other options
Cons
Wear and tear on your cars, the cost of maintenance the cost of a rental, gas prices are too high
Not Worth it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
With Gas prices and the little that you make driving for LYFT, it is almost impossible to make it. If you are a person with a lot of time on your hands to waste and have a lot of money for gas to waste, this is the job for you. I spend at least $40 on gas per day and on average pull in $120 after working 10 hours. Do the math. I make a lousy $80 per day. Not worth it.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Low Compensation
Self-employment Flexibility
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 13, 2018
The self-employment flexibility really was the hallmark of this company. You could set your own schedule and work the hours you desired. You also met a great variety of people which is always fun.
Working for lyft was a great experience I enjoyed the driving as well as the experience of meeting people of different ethnicities and backgrounds.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
Lyft is a great company to work for it provides a relaxed environment and great pay. You are able to make your own hours and take necessary breaks at your own leisure.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours of sitting
Very Dangerous
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 13, 2018
Not worth the toll it puts on your vehicle and the busiest areas are the most dangerous communities, I would never recommend anybody to do this full time especially if they’re car isn’t paid off becuase you will not make enough to live off of unless you kill yourself with hours which is dangerous to drive for long periods of time
Pros
Fast side money
Supplemental Income
Drive Share (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2018
This is a great opportunity for anyone that has a car that's 10 years old or newer to acquire supplemental income. This job beats your car up like no other.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Millage, car abuse, other share drivers and taxi drivers.
Great to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 11, 2018
At Lyft, you can work the days you choose, the hours you choose, and if you're a social person you will enjoy all the people you meet. It can be fast-paced, but at the same time it has a very relaxed feel to it.
Independent contractor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
Ride sharing position, picking up passengers and dropping off as requested. It's a must to keep your vehicle in excellent clean condition. You choose when you want to work, hours and days are up to you. Must be available through Lyfts app to get rides. You rate the customer and they rate you on several different aspects of the ride.
Pros
Working for yourself, choose your own hours and days to work
Cons
Passengers leaving their garbage in the car, mud on their shoes, etc.
Income is low with all things considered
driver/transportation specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
Too many Lyft drivers to cover the demand so there is a lot of wait time which means dollar per hour earned is low. Factoring in gas and wear and tear on your vehicle the compensation is not enough.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
too many drivers, low pay
I am meeting people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Providing great service and meeting people who may be visiting the city for the first time .I am learning more about places in the city. The hardest day for me is someone getting into my car with a bad atttiude and no manners.
Pros
offer passenager water or snacks
productivity
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
was my started driving in united stated and is good i have free time i have the opportunity to enjoy and also get a good customer service to the clients.
a practical job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2018
Didnnt make enough money to be worth it. tires and oil changes start to get really expensive overtime and it starts to add up. lots of ware and tear on your vehicle
Lyft is the worst taxi services in history
Worst job in history (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CaliforniaJuly 9, 2018
I will tell anybody never to work at Lyft customer support service sucks drivers got no right and they can deactivate your anytime they want passengers https://youtu.be/6AT3TfUHJY0
Love driving and meeting people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2018
All day no matter where I go in Bakersfield I loose connection with Lyft. Lyft tells me to relocate. I have Verizon and 4G and 5 bars. I loose rides and have low earnings.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
No Communications with. Hard to contact anybody and Lyft. Or talk to someone.
Lots of customer interaction, wear and tear on own vehicle
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2018
Because I live outside high demand areas, I must drive 12 miles to start driving and guarantee a good day of earnings. Once I begin my work, It's nice to interact with passengers and work well to ensure their comfort and safety. Hardest part of the day is figuring out where to find a public restroom. Most enjoyable is brightening the day of a passenger. Anything I can do to make your life a little easier, i will go the extra mile to deliver that service.
Pros
make own hours, charisma=tips
Cons
a bit dangerous. driving can be very hazardous
Behind the steering is not a job is curious
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2018
It is so curious, serious, dangerous, murderer, fearful nature job. I am always fear and dear when I go to run on lyft. I always have nerve, especially when I get passengers. They are rood, rough, drunk, crazy, mad, angry, behave more likely criminal keep farce susceptible attitude very scary.
Pros
Danger
Cons
terrible
Easy money but a toll on gas
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 8, 2018
The money's usually easy, but it isn't ever guaranteed. For steadiness, this might not be the job. But flexibility, well flexibility is absolutely a big asset. Drive when you want. Get paid quickly.
job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2018
it is relaxing. self paced. you determine how much you work or how long. it is interesting because you meet different people on a daily basis. it is just a fun job if you love to drive
Tons of Driving
Driver / Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2018
I have drove for lyft for about two years now and i love the flexibility. I plan to drive for them until they wont let me anymore. Lots of bonuses for power drivers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Gas costs