Lyft

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Boring

The salary wasn’t enough, you work all day sometimes and you make less than $70, and for me that’s not enough here in Washington dc area, that’s why I wanted to find a better job

Pros

Discount on trips

Cons

Not enough salary

Flexible but not very profitable

I love that I could work when it was convenient for me. I didn't like that the pay rate seemed to get lower and lower by the time you calculated time spent driving along with gas expenses.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

pay rate

Job is ok

Good for extra money. Make your own schedule hours and work as much or as little as you want. You are your own boss. Recommend for anyone who has had it with corporate America

Pros

You're the boss

Cons

No benefits

Good for quick cash; not much else.

Bottom line...you're probably not going to make much money doing this. After you deduct mileage, expenses, etc., I showed very little profit. Your car will undergo wear and tear (depreciation/loss of value, repairs, maintenance) that is barely compensated by your earnings.On the plus side, you literally drive only when you want to, and driving around town simply being friendly to passengers is pretty easy work. Cash outs are instant (for a small fee), and getting started is quick and fairly easy, as long as your vehicle is in good condition. Email support is typically very responsive.Like the old saying goes: it is what it is. Fairly easy, unskilled work that almost anyone can do, so it doesn't pay much.

Pros

Work when you want; instant cash outs.

Cons

Very little profit.

lyft is ok

if you're looking for a side job, it's ok. be careful though. just keep yourself protected and you'll be ok. i never had any issues with anything dangerous or otherwise displeasing.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

About

Poor pay, didn't enjoy, boring, customers are rude and demanding, job sucks with paying you good, they make more money off your hardearned labor lyftt

Great way to meet people from the community,

I really enjoy driving around and meeting people. The riders are pretty cool. They just want to get from point A to B. Some are super friendly, some are really quiet, some want your radio, others want to listen to their own music.Following the navigation is the easiest way to get around town. I've learned to stop where the person icon is or as close as possible to it, especially if it's dark and you can't see the house address. The hardest part of the job is the other drivers on the road or pedestrians meandering through the streets. You have to be on your toes. It's why I like driving at night. The easiest part of the job is not having to collect money. I love that the app takes care of all that.

Pros

People are super friendly.

Cons

Out of pocket expenses for gas and maintenance.

The Joy Ride

Everybody should get the chance at true freedom you are able to establish the what when and where. It’s been so much fun looking at the entire Bay Area!

Great Flexibility but Stressful with little Upside

The whole perk of driving Lyft is being able to set your own hours. The hourly rate hugely varies depending on whether or not Lyft is offering any bonuses (Can make anywhere from $15-60 for an hour of driving). After gas it averaged out to about a $20-25/hr gig for me. I did it part time, anything more than that, you can plan on spending most of your waking hours in your car. Good gig for extra cash on an easy part time basis. If you love driving and meeting strangers, it could be a good full time job I suppose.

Pros

Flexibility, Pay

Cons

Wear and tear, inconsistent rates, poor support for drivers

Slow pay not fair pay rate isn’t right

They are billionaires and I think they should make sure we as drivers make money to pay our bills we use our cars wear n tear tires oil changes some of us caught Covid 19 while working they didn’t give us offer us nothing we should get paid to go get people we should get paid waiting on the passengers more we got families to support we help made them rich why not help your workers at least live great so we can take care of our families and bills they don’t have a number so we can talk to them we always gotta email or something all on a app but they want us to make money for them

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Riding around

Jobs at Lyft

See more jobs

Good side hustle

I enjoy my job as a Lyft driver. You have good and not so good passengers but mostly good. Pay is decent depending on your location. The flexibility is the best part.

Pros

Total control of schedule

Cons

Inconsistent pay

You are your own boss

There is no direct supervision. You are your own boss and it is up to you to motivate yourself. There are many pros to driving for Lyft. There are few cons, but they are:1. Lyft should set the app to tell the driver where the passenger is going before they accept the request. 2. Lyft should offer cameras to the drivers for both the safety of them and the passenger.3. There should be an option on whether you want to only accept rides within a certain area before you begin each shift, day, etc.

Pros

You are you own boss

Cons

Improvements on the app need to be made

Driving blind not fun.

Competitive environment on the app. you dont have time to look at who you are picking up or where you are going. Could end up an hour away with no way getting a fair on the way back so lots of gas wasted backtracking.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

car maintance costs, no benefits

Bore

Lots of weird people hard to find rides sometimes pay does not match mileage sometimes. Some days are great some days suck overall not terrible but not great

Flexible hours inconsitent pay

I like how we can work whatever time we are capable of doing but also that can also make it hard to get paid at the highest rate if you cannot work during the busy hours

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay

Cons

potential slow hours

Work when you want. Immediate pay

Drove with Lyft consistently for about 3 years. Loved the opportunity to be self-employed. Work when I was available and payrd immediately. 99% of my passengers were very cool people. Can count on one hand the number of "very interesting characters", over the course of three years. Downside; I destroyed one car putting so many miles and wear and tear. The repairs would cost more than the car is worth. Rented with Express-Drive for a few months. I was doing very well financially, all of a sudden Lyft decides to yank 90% of their lease cars and ooooops... I'm out of a job. About a grand a week to zero. No idea when they might rent cars again. They are now constantly complaining about not enough drivers are working. I wonder why...

Pros

Work your own hours. Immediate pay. Great passengers

Cons

Much wear & tear on vehicle, could communicate better with drivers

Passenger experience

Lyft doesn't back up the driver's when something happens. It's not fair for the driver's in general. Lyft is know by talking the passengers side all the time. Customer's are know to lie and get over on the system. For example: Poor passenger experience, passenger cancel the rides as they entered the vehicle or during the ride, no notifications on Lyft app. Passenger sometime get free rides

Pros

Work when I want

Cons

Lyft takes more then 40% from ea ride. As far as money.

Es un habiente tranquilo ya que eres tu propio jefe y decide como ejercer el trabajo

Manejar tu propio carro, eres tu propio jefe , decide cuando empenzar y parar

Could be rewarding if you’re willing to put in the time.

Good place to work if you want the flexibility to work at your own time. I think pay is fair for the kind of job it is, but once you consider other expenses it might seem low, but if you’re willing to put the time you might actually make Ok.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low pay considering no benefits

They don’t care about the drivers only they pockets is all that matters to them.

Worst company ever I really think they created this company with intentions of scamming anyone who works for them cause at the end of the day you are side contracted so everything falls on you and they take no responsibility.

No don’t do it

You drive your car and are responsible for gas, maintenance and extra insurance and all tickets. Costs versus income a fine line. Not really worth the financial outlay known as overhead.

Pros

Your schedule

Cons

Expenses, traffic, rude passengers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Lyft with

• Lyft
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?