Lyft Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 936 reviews matching the search See all 1,589 reviews
Find a new job
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
I stared a few years ago and they keep lowing the rate per mile to the point where its almost not worth it. Mix that with the rising cost of gas.......
Express Drive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
Unless you are strapped for money, i wouldnt dont. You have to pull out your own taxes, to make any money you have to work long hours, not your normal long hours either, you have to put in gas which is tax except. If someone rates you badly because they dont like you or they are having a bad day. They can deactivate your account. People can be real pains and if your not super nice, they can rate you badly. All i ever did was work, sleep, and eat to make 75 rides here in Orlando. I hated it. They never really gave me back my full deposit and i had to fight over what i did get back because they made an error on lyft and hertz part.
Pros
Making your own hours
Cons
Taxes, long hours, no life, lose money
Slave Labor that has to pay to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
I rented a car from hertz who is working with lyft, in fact both in same office. At the end of the week, I will owe them money and make nothing for working all week. Lyft pays by the miles, does not pay to work near any cities where you have to deal with traffic. Most calls will take you into cities and can be hard to avoid. They do not pay for the entire toll cost. I got reimbursed $3 on a $4 toll. The app will que other passengers and pickups while you are currently driving one customer, not allowing you to take a break inbetween, so plan on wearing a diaper. 90% of passengers do not tip, the rates you get from lyft are very low. Most city rides take 30 min. from picking up, waiting and getting person to destination, after you get paid $3-4. The rental cars are low grade. After 5 days, I was in the ER with severe back spasms from the pain induced from the rental. The insurance has a $2,500 deductable, you are also responsible for the tires. The car works so poorly, I could not even get defrost to work on a rainy night and was told I would have to wait a month before I was allowed to ask for a replacement vehicle. Very unsafe to drive. So after my first week of driving for lyft, I have lost money, ended up with hospital bill and bad back.
Pros
Cons
no breaks during busy hours, poor pay, poor equipment.
Love driving chill just need to upgrade when it comes yo passenget for drivers safety
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAOctober 10, 2018
Overall like lyft makes good money if you put in your hours..your not in a rush. Incase you need to stop eorking you simply get oofline after ur last ride..
Pure Slavery thats all i can say
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2018
I drove for lyft for around a month i made around 10 dollars an hour without my car expenses. This service is only good for theriders they pay the driver around $5 for a ride for 3 or 4 people and still have the nerves to give the driver a low rating.
Pros
Cons
Slavery at your owm risk
Fun work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh ncOctober 9, 2018
Driving customer to their destination talking to them sometimes you make friends is quite fun I enjoy it personally
And driving is my passion I enjoy driving...
Pros
Non
Cons
You can maintine it if u want to
Work on your own time.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2018
Would not work for this company,. they lie and cheat you out of things they tell you they are going to give you. False advertisement!!!!!

The people you meet they have the chance to rate you your car and have the chance to tip you but you only get to keep some of the tips not all this is a sucky company to work for.
Good Transitional Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
Lyft is an exceptional job for someone in a transitional stage of their life. The ability to drive and earn at your pace and to your heart's desire is phenomenal, as well as the ability to get paid out on demand. Long days of driving can be difficult, but the pay is good and the option to drive for nearly as long as you need to hit your goal is great... no being at the whim of a manager or set schedule.
Fun and people orientated
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego californiaOctober 7, 2018
I enjoyed meeting new people and providing good customer service.
I also got to learn about different areas around San Diego and southern California.
Pros
Work as much as you want
Cons
Sometimes it takes longer to meet your earning goals
Non
Driver (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 7, 2018
I do in joy driving with lyft but it’s not enough for leaving. .but it is good for part time job extra money .the best thing is you can work any time you want. You fixed your schedule by your self. The only thing I have 3 kids and it’s not enough money for us
The best job I've had so far
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2018
Nothing is better than working for yourself at your own hours. All i have to do is take people to their destination and get paid for it. Only downfall is it is a toll on your car but the people you meet and the bonuses more than make up for it
Great job for the short term, but very hard
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2018
Driver for Lyft can be very hard time. San Francisco is or seems to be changing the traffic laws all time. You always need to pay attention to road condition due to endless contruction. Some passenger are great and freindly, most are quite and easy going.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Traffic and road conditions
Lyft is very unorganized and dont value the safety of their drivers.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville,kyOctober 4, 2018
No value for driver safety. Various surprises when picking up riders, you don't know who you're picking up or how many until you arrive. No pay for pick up only drop off. Pay for mileage sucks. Not worth the wear and tear on your vehicle or the gas burned. Good for a few quick bucks that's about it. Don't quit your day job. Customer service sucks as well.
Pros
Good for few quick bucks
Cons
More cons than pros. I like uber better.
Unfair wage
Driver (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 2, 2018
Lyft makes the majority of the profit while the driver gets stuck with a vehicle maintenance bill. Their is no compensation for cancelled rides while in route and or cancelled rides on arrival, and there are low tips.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Overall compensation
Fast-paced
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 2, 2018
Working for Lyft in New Orleans can be profitable. However, in the recent months, Lyft has flooded the market with drivers, making it harder for drivers to give enough rides to make decent money on a consistent basis.
Pros
Work on your own schedule, very flexible
Cons
Too many drivers
Lyft
Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2018
Driving for Lyft is a great way to make money as a self employed person. You just need a car otherwise you can't do it. Renting the car from Hertz is great but it's difficult to maintain if you have an off week.
Not good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2018
I think list control how many rides you get when I first started it was BoOMING . now its not. im going back to my 9 to 5 job this is now working for my at all
Pros
u make money
Cons
they need to do better
great for driving LOL
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 1, 2018
it was a great way for me to find some nice places to go to in my spare time. city driving sucks (in my opinion). it would be so much better if they could take taxes out though.
Pros
getting paid to drive and meet some nice people
Cons
wear and tear
love the flexibility, and being your own boss and choosing your own hours fits really nicely in my daily life.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 1, 2018
being your own boss is my favorite part about this job, that and the fact that i can pick my own hours works best with my busy schedule. I also like the fact that if i choose to go on vacation somewhere, i can do so and still work and make money on my down time driving on my vacation, if i needed to make a few extra bucks.
Pros
it allows you to be your own boss
Cons
sometimes it can be real slow at certain times of the day
Corporate environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
Lyft is a great job, However, for most of the time corporate and or customer service was very supportive. Some problems are not that easy to remedied, Some customer service reps need more training in order to give more sufficient answers to problematic issues.
Pros
work when you want
Cons
corporate policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss