Lyft Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 1,130 reviews matching the search See all 1,980 reviews
Featured review
Lyft selected this as a representative review
There's no real boss, besides corporate and yourself.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 7, 2018
Driving for Lyft is pretty neat. You get to drive whenever you want to, stop whenever you want to, you have the ability to receive bonuses, and you're able to rent a car from them if you don't want to use your own.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
More wear and tear on your car.
Make your own hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 22, 2019
I love the fact that you are your own boss and can work whatever hours you can do while the app is on before turning it off. The support team is very helpful.
Pros
Unlimited Hours
Driving customers home
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2019
It's great if you have the vehicle. But don't expect $1000 every week unless your working the peak hours to there fullest. However some rides do pay a decent far
Pros
People
Cons
Clean customers puke
Lyft is a gig
Driver (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 21, 2019
Lyft was a gig to help with paying the bills. I like the job but waiting around for work sucked. Competition with other drivers made earning money even harder.
lyft
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2019
I like working with all the different customers I liked driving different places and seeing new areas I never saw before. I loved all the new interactions with customers.
Awesome and fun to work for
Personal Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2019
It’s been an awesome experience working for Lyft get to make my own work hours get to meet new and fun people every day . There’s always new promotions to get a little bit Of extra money all-around nice work environment
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
Good
Driver (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 19, 2019
Lyft is the best job I ever had I made my own hours so I get to work when I want and I can be off when I want and the customer service is ever helpful and
Flexible fun job to have
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoy making sure our clients make it to their destination safely and on time. I enjoy having conversations with clients it helps them feel more comfortable riding with a stranger.
Pros
Weekly bonus
Cons
No paid vacation
They seems not to care about the employee
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2019
The management seems to be very bossy and they don't listen to you about issues or try to listen to your side of the story. I had a bitter experience after 2 days working as a driver.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bossy environment and too much complaint
Its a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2019
although I loved the passengers that i picked up and dropped off, the management and the inability to communicate effectively with the company when there was an issue was very disheartening. The company would prefer a hands off approach to all situations that I encountered
Pros
nice people to drive with, work your own hours
Cons
inability to communicate effectively with driver support
Rental pays less than minimum wage after gas costs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
So here's the deal. It took nearly 2 weeks to reserve a car to rent in the Houston area and once I started driving it took about 20 hours to pay off the weekly rental fee. Factor in gas and I'm down about $75 for having worked 20 hours. Another 20 hours later I've made about $300. So let's do the math. 40 hours worked for $300. Subtract let's say $125 for gas. That leaves you with a grand total of $175 for 40 hours of driving. So unless you want to work your buty off for less than half of Texas minimum wage DO NOT BUY INTO THIS SCAM. When I inquired why it took nearly 2 weeks to acquire a vehicle I was told it was because it's a "very popular program" so there are no shortage of people for them to make hundreds of dollars off of for a couple of weeks until the hand the keys back over to them. They dont care about you not even a little bit they are more than willing to take advantage of you. Why do you think there is absolutely no help line or number to call? They don't want to hear your feedback on anything.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You're a slave to a corporation that aims to decieve you
Good Overall
Driver (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 16, 2019
Lyft its self is good overall, The payouts for most rides are spot on, and most if not all the people i meet are nice and good company. i recommend this type of work if you needed some extra cash for an event you want to go to, or something to pass the time with and meet some nice people in the area. You'd be surprised who you might meet.
Pros
Meet new people, Explore your area and learn new routes, Instant Payouts whenever you want to collect earnings.
Cons
High Mileage on personal vehicle, Costly on Maintenance, Costly in Gas
Not for everyone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 15, 2019
Only do this if you like instant payouts and ability to work alot and have judgemental people dirty up your car. Seriously did you run through a mud field before you got in my vehicle. The maintenance on the vehicle and mileage is insane to make a living off this. Plan to run a car into the ground if there isnt a 3 bd 2 bath pothole to so it before you can.
Pros
Money on demand
Cons
Terrible weae and tear on your vehicle
rotten
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2019
When you gotta work you've gotta work. Takes a tremendous toll on your vehicle's costs and longevity. No guarantee of pay on any given shift. Service industry job so the best and worst parts are the various customers. Some are just lovely, others rude or horribly drunk.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
wear and tear on your personal vehicle
Not worth it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 15, 2019
The pay is sub par even at peak hours not only that but your rarely get tips, also the wear and tear on your vehicle is not worth it. Hardly ever get any luxury rides.
Pros
Be your own boss.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Good Start
Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2019
This is a good start job to being able to communicate with customers and interact with them. A good way to help customers to get from one place to another in a safe way.
Do the math
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 13, 2019
New rates for drivers for 2019 . Do the math. Maybe your area is worth destroying your car for. This job is truly for the desperate. Like me, just do it until you find a job. I will pray for you all.
Pros
Some money is better than none
Cons
Bye bye car
Very fun job!! Be own boss!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 13, 2019
Lyft is so exciting to work for. Meet lots of great people and enjoy lots of great convos. Travel around to different places and learn new things. Great place to work.
Pros
Work whenever you want.
Cons
Put lots of wear on you vehicle.
Don’t do it
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2019
If you think about making a few extra dollars, go and get a real job. It’s good as a quick temporary thing but not long term at all. The market is over saturated with drivers, the amount of wear and tear you put in your vehicle doesnt add up with what you make
Pros
You’re your own boss
Cons
Not enough money
Good part time job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2019
I am still currently working for Lyft doing it part time. It is a excellent part time job. You get paid daily. It’s a easy job it consists of driving around. The only downfall is wear and tear on your vehicle
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Wear and tear on vehicle
Stressful and bad pay!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2019
Very stressful do to people complaining making up running red lights,arguing,speeding! And management believed lies! I’m a commercial Driver and i have a clean driving record. I never have speed over the limit or ran a red light,i have excellent customer service skills and the lies that where said about me and other driver’s where not true and management believe them so the drivers lost their jobs.
Pros
Terrible management
Cons
Terrible pay. Had to park to wait for a customer to ask for a ride

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lyft.

Powered by Comparably