Lyft Employee Reviews for Mentor

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,587 reviews
Great job
Driver / Recruiter / Mentor (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 10, 2018
Lyft was great . Just down here in Florida you can’t survive . It’s over saturated . To many drivers not enough demand . They need to prioritize those who make it a career .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Can't advance this is child's play
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2017
I worked with Lyft for years and and ends up no advancement in office with more experience than required not unless you have a in with someone it's political. You will kill your car and there insurance read before you drive you are not covered and your insurance will drop u
Pros
Work anytime discounts
Cons
Work hard no advancement no car repairs loss of insurance company
lame company to work for
mentor recruiter (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncJune 21, 2017
horrible company to work for , they subsidize the rides and comp riders and pay their drivers peanuts , few months back they switched to another scam called upfront pricing where they show rider a different price and the drivers a different price and pocket the difference .i will not recommend this for anyone .
Pros
no pros here its just horrible
Cons
too much to list here, my advice stay away
Ok for a short-term job
Mentor & Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 15, 2017
Not as easy as you may think. Lots of vehicle wear-and-tear. Late nights and lots of weekends. Stressful with driving while navigating and entertaining customers.
nice for flexibility, no room for growth
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2017
Set your own schedule to match with others that want and need transportation service.
learned how to manage time.
was a manager and found out how many people are not serious about making money for themselves.
work where potential applicants live or around public area of choice.
hardest part about the job is getting people to actually follow through with what they tell you.
most enjoyable is when you actually meet someone that wants to make more income, so you show them everything they know and they thank you for adding more time and value to their personal life.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Not everyone you meet wants to put in work for themselves.
Do it when people need rides!!!
Lyft mentor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
I love working with Lyft but realistically you need to be on the road when the riders are. Meaning in Los Angeles you are always busy in order to make money you need to be working like 50 hours. For those who don't mind overtime in the morning or night this is the job for you. Yeah some people think that you have little work to do but you have to earn that pay check. You need to be on your night life scene and know your city!
Pros
Driver bonus, in app tips!
Cons
Driving various hours is not for everyone.
Flexible hours, great for students.
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2016
Lyft is great for those who want to make some extra cash on the side. It's perfect for students, the hours is very flexible, allows you to focus on other things such as school,
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
job security
Fun place to work.
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Greater Philadelphia, New Jersey areaSeptember 19, 2016
Excellent source to network and meet people. Friendly environment. Make your own hours. The business can travel with you wherever you go. They tell you the peak hours and you can work them if you would like. Excellent incentives to earn bonuses
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
wear and tear on your car, and if in accident, terribly long process to resolve.
Very flexible hours and normal pay rate.
Driver and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed picking and dropping off passengers to their destinations as I met interesting people, my social skills expanded.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No compensation and benefits
Lyfting on the Beach
Recruiter/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
Recruiting and mentoring has been phased out in some markets.Driving gives you the opportunity turn on and off the app as you see fit but the lowering of the fares make it so that you can not depend on this as a sole means of income or you will be disappointing. Loads of wear and tear of on your vehicle. Not worth it in the end.
Pros
independence
Cons
wear and tear of vehicle, decrease value, lowering of fares
Great full time or part time job
Driver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 3, 2016
Had a lot of fun driving for Lyft 3 years. It has its ups and downs but you make the most of it. I worked mornings and drove about 8 hours a day. Some extra hours on weekends. You have to find the right time to drive.
Pros
Flexible
Recruiter
Recruiter/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2016
Typical work day:

-Check recruit pool for new applicants (done throughout the day)

-Go through pipeline. Contact potential drivers. Help them through any issues with their application. Schedule mentor sessions.

-Conduct anywhere from 5-20 mentor sesions.

-Check promotions in different regions around the country. Talk to members of flyering teams. Make sure they are stocked and meeting quotas.

I learned to manage promotional marketing campaigns in multiple cities. Managing my work life balance took a while, but I eventually learned that I needed to make time for myself.

Management was responsive. They gave me the freedom to succeed.

Hardest part of the job was the uncertainty. Some weeks you would be overwhelmed with work; others you'd have to hustle to piece together enough work.

The people I met mentoring were the best part of the job. I really enjoyed hearing each one of their stories and connecting with them.
Pros
Flexibility, one on one interaction, good pay
Cons
Uncertainty, always on call, working weekends
Great way to earn money
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 18, 2016
you need to be patient and friendly to work a job like this. On a busy day you can make up to 25-40 and hour. You can drive when you want however you need to know when the best times to drive to earn the most about of money.
Flexible and im my own boss
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2016
I work almost everyday. I set appointments between 7am-7pm. I typically get up around 8am, get ready for work. Drive to different parts of town to do my mentor sessions.

The hardest part of my job is not having direct support from lyft for any help.

The most enjoyable part is being independent, setting my own hours, taking breaks when I want and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Flexibility. Money
Cons
No support from management. Lack of job security
Good Company
Trainer and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2016
Began last summer. Great job to improve social and communication skills. You will meet all walks of life!
If I have other commitments that I need to tend to, I can stop driving without needing to check with anyone. I am my own boss. No more missing family events.
Pros
Drive when I want to
Fun job with amazing flexibility
Recruiter, Mentor, and Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2016
It's a fun job that lets me get around the city and meet new and interesting people. The flexible hours are really the best part of the job. I also do recruiting and mentoring, which means I initiate new drivers and inspect their cars and them to see if they are a good fit to be a lyft driver.
A typical day
Driver/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2015
Making my own hours was great for me. I also really got to know the city I live in. There were hardly any riders that I couldn't stand. The only thing that sucks is you have to pay for your own gas and rarely get any tips .
Great part tim work
Mentor/Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2015
Being a rideshare driver is an excellent part time job. I wouldn't recommend driving full time. It is great for college students as there is no schedule and you drive as much or as little as you want.
A Day With Lyft
Driver/ Mentor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2014
A typical day working with Lyft is just providing people with an easier way to get around. Meeting different people is very fun to be surrounded by so many personality's. Thing's I've picked up is everyone isn't easy to talk to our always in a good mood,But it's my job to make sure they leave my vehicle with a smile. My co-workers are great fun people all carry themselves with positive attitudes. i have yet to encounter anything hard about my job i love every second of it literally, What i enjoy most is that i get my passengers (PAX) To there destination safely.
Good company easy going enjoy earning extra money
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2014
Fun enjoying working here to make extra money weekend are good
Pros
easy
Cons
wait for rides

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lyft.

Powered by Comparably