Lyft

United States4,755 reviews

Found 4,755 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,787 reviews
ridepassengerdrivercarriderdrivingapptear

Boring

The salary wasn’t enough, you work all day sometimes and you make less than $70, and for me that’s not enough here in Washington dc area, that’s why I wanted to find a better job

Pros

Discount on trips

Cons

Not enough salary

Low Pay

Pay is low once you factor in gas, maintenance, wear and tear on your vehicle. Nobody hardly ever tip. It’s not a bad job to do part time for extra cash. But don’t expect to make a good living.

Lyft insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

It's a nice little side gig just to make a few extra bucks.

Overall the company can do a whole lot better for its drivers. It seems that they're doing less and less for the drivers overall as time goes. Taking morr from driver's then giving to driver's.

A great independent contractor

I appreciate Lyft for the independence it provides me. Lyfting gives me an opportunity to freely, manipulate how I create finance for myself. The downside is that I feel drivers should be paid more fairly for their time. I do feel that the pay is fair in regards to mileage.

Fees on top of fees...

I earned this company (as well as Hertz, for car rental) nearly three times more than they put into my pocket. They take a ridiculous amount of fees out of every ride. There were MANY $3 rides.However, I would go back with my own vehicle. I would be making nearly $1,000 per month more than I did with a rental. The stories that people told were enough to get me through any number of days and nights.

Pros

Work your own hours, meet interesting people, decent enough money sometimes, bonuses

Cons

Far too many fees, minimum per ride requires raising, no benefits, not quite enough bonuses

ok for extra money

Its very hard on your car and full time work maintenance expense add up. But, with a clear driving and criminal record pretty much anyone willing is accepted

its ok

I don't mind driving, but it is better and more convenient if you live in a populated area. It also does take a wear and tear toll on your vehicle after a while and the repairs start to add up. You can make some great pay some weeks and others its so so. I equate it to servers...you never know what distance ride you'll get or how much you may be tipped.

Rideshare shouldn’t be a career

From false advertising wage averages to openly disobeying state contractor laws, Lyft is a hilariously unethical company to work for. You will spend more money in personal upkeep to your vehicle than you will turning a profit. There is no customer service or Human Resources, there are no raises, no benefits. If you get hurt on the job, if something terrible happens, your only point of contact is a poorly made automated email service that’s designed to be unhelpful in emergencies. There are no managers or supervisors to turn to for help or guidance, there are no advancement opportunities, there is no fair compensation. If you only drive part time, you’ll get a bit of a profit. But don’t make this a career, and don’t expect any help whatsoever.

Self starter opportunity

Work when you want and makes as much as you want. It's really flexible. You can start any time and meet new people from all walks of life. This tole gives you a chance yo brand yourself and get a fresh start everyday. Thank God for Lyft! I really enjoy doing this for people.

Good and bad

Your gonna run your car ragged fast and if you rent a ride share that's $1200 a month not including gas. It's great for flexibility and instant cash outs

No tienen call center para atender a los drivers

al final del año inflan las cantidades desmesuradamente y terminas pagando más impuestos de los que realmente tienes que pagar

Pros

Ninguno

Cons

Pésimo salario

Pros and cons

You get to meet people you normally wouldn't meet and have interesting conversations. Down side is the unreliable wages. Some days are more busy than others. Bonuses are getting better but we should be getting more.

Pros

Own schedule

Cons

Unpredictable wages

It takes a couple weeks to get into the groove with it... It is easy, fun and you have the potential of tips!

I concur with some of my driving brethren, the platform is not consistent.... At all.... They change up most aspects of the job week to week. Most recently, instead of having streak bonuses available throughout the peak times... You get to choose from 4 time periods 2 streaks only.... If you happen to not be on to be road working when you thought you'd be, no bonus. With this latest change I'm thinking of dusting off my Uber account...I don't hear their drivers complaining about their quests... Bottom line-- you work for software.... You can't even talk to a human being unless the problem involves a safety or fraud issue... I find that frustrating.... I am a proud employee I take pride in what I do.... It shows in my rider comments and my rating...

Fast money, meet new people and places

Have worked as a Lyft driver as a female driver for a couple years now. Over the years I have noticed a decline in the amount of bonuses we receive. After all of our expenses we don’t average the best money. The algorithm is set so that you are kept on the road as long as possible without getting a chance to see how much you’ve earned per ride or overall until you have absolutely no ride requests or are logged off the app. Can be troublesome if you want to see if you were paid appropriately for the ride you just completed. Overall I feel safe driving, most people are nice. It’s a great way to make extra money if you need it and because you set your own schedule, it’s great for people who need flexibility.

Easy to make extra funds

This allowed me to make a few extra dollars a week easily. The job was simple and I could make my own schedule. Finally returning after COVID stopped me from working for the past couple of years

Flexible Schedule is the best part

Drive for Lyft if you need to work a flexible schedule. Pay is okay. The customers generally treated me with respect. Focus on the busiest times of day to make the most.

Make your own schedule

Working for lyft I can make my own schedule which works for me. During school times, I take my girls to school and them get right on rhe road all the way until it's time to pick rhem up rhen my day is done. I can do it however I want. There's no si k days but u can not drive if You dont feel or have other errands to run that take a full day. I even stop in between times, due to slow demand, due some errands of my own, or isn't family at burial site and then pick up later when I feel into again. You can't beat making your own schedule fit your life.

Pros

Personal time alone, great confo with travelers/visitors

Cons

No benefits but discounts on maintenance and repairs

Not Happy

Don’t give me wrong the freedom of making your own schedule is absolutely wonderful and for someone with mental illness such as myself it makes things a lot easier to not have to conform to a schedule. However, there seems to be no room for advancement and it doesn’t seem that they plan to compensate us anymore despite our experience growing there and the current financial crisis and gas shortage.

Pretty good company, business isn't as sound as you think it is.

Good company that genuinely tries to do what's right for employees. Pay was near the top of the market before the stock price collapsed to even lower than what it was during the worst of covid shutdowns. Exceptionally high attrition.

Fun good money basically unlimited hours

I liked working whenever I wanted to. Lots of bonuses. Love driving people around and around the city getting to know the area better. Lyft is good in my opinion.

Las asignaciones

Se debe de tomar un tiempo para las signación de viaje compartido que son muy largo para buscar el cliente para un trayecto muy corto debe haber límites para un viaje compartido justo buscar una persona 20 minutos para es a las cuatro

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight