Lyft Management reviews

Great company but un-organized
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2017
I would say since we were a new city it was very un-organized but the management is very understanding, you are not micro-managed, very easy going. I helped with getting driver's applications done,which they can be hard to work with sometimes but overall it was easy. I was hired as a contract worker so it is no stability.
Pros
easy job, relaxed environment
Cons
unorganized and contract job
Driving customers
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 20, 2017
Driving customers daily,
No benefits
No management
Hardest part is angry customers
Easy part customers enjoying themselves
I can work as many hours as i want
Work at will
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAOctober 19, 2017
I worked on my own
Learn to give an account of my daily routine
Management was good to work for
Great diverse culture
Early morning start time
I loved the Paydys
Pros
Lunch as you want
Cons
Short breaks
Misleading Advertising
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2017
You will not make $35 per hour, is a lie and it is misleading advertising (what I call a form or bullying people). If you want to make them money go ahead and work for them.
If you like having fun while working lyft is it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 16, 2017
Pick your own schedule
laid back work atmosphere
Management are friendly
Modern Fun workplace culture
Relaxed dressed code
Self displine
Office style setup
Lyft is a criminal organization
Private Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 1, 2017
This company is being sued so frequently for a reason. Don't work here. It is never as good as the ads promise. There were multiple weeks that I averaged 1 dollar an hour. Most weeks, after expenses, I make about $5-8 an hour. This is far below minimum wage. They are the modern poster child of exploitation. Don't work here.
Pros
Good conversation with cool people
Cons
Pay is half of minimum wage, bad support from company, you are liable for everything
It's strictly ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 29, 2017
They make it sound better than what it is 35 an hour is a lie I've been out for an hour and a half & had one ride request & got paid 4.65 not worth the wear & tear on car
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
Not enough customers
You're better off working at mcdonalds
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
The App is awful most of the time. To make any money, you must work bar hours and transport filthy rude obtrusive belligerent drunk people around. Management is non existent. Driver Support Is absolutely horrible. You must provide all of your expenses yourself.
Pros
Cons
pay, driver support, management, rude riders, depreciate your car.
Driver Independent Contractor
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2017
The companies in concept isn't a bad thing. The actual reality is the issue. The rating system for drivers is unfair because there are guidelines & anything less than perfect is considered bad & grounds for deactivation. The Lyft line rides are ridiculously inconvenient. The customers pick the line ride to save a few bucks then get upset when you actually pick another person up. People get in your car with an attitude because you take a while to pick them up or don't know the address of where they are heading. There are uncontrollable logistics that feed in to the ride on demand business that aren't respected by riders. If it weren't for the flexibility of scheduling I'd quit in a heartbeat.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Very limited support/ The customers have unreal expectations
I couldn't stay any longer than I did.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2017
The workload is heavy with unrealistic expectations. The company grew too fast without taking the proper steps to catch up now they are so far behind there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
The management here has been terrible. No one is on the same page as far as goals are. Also, my situation was never taken into consideration ex. working 18 hour days with no lunch break, working 14 days straight with no thought of giving time off. Asking for tasks to be done and spending ample time on it just to have management redo the entire task. Unnecessary hostility and workplace bullying.
Pros
Good benefits, good peers.
Cons
Poor management structure, Hostile work environment, Harassing behaviors by management.
Horrible leader ship
team lead (Current Employee) –  NY,NYJuly 29, 2017
WE do our work based on young women who have never lived in ny and are here living according to blogs and their lifestyle ,our management was made up of southerners and people from middle america who do not know anything about ny besides trader joes and starbucks and living according to their friends and the gentrification that has hit brooklyn.
Pros
cool events
Cons
horrible structure and management and leadership figure it out yourself mentality
Relaxed Company Culture
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2017
Super played-back company. Management was friendly and helpful. Offers flexibility as drivers choose their own schedule, only driving when they want to.
takes care of there drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2017
they have a simple and easy sign up and the team was very helpful I had nothing but positive experiences with the customer and the and management I'm still signed up and will still drive
Good Extra Money
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJuly 24, 2017
Good part time money.
Have to deal with annoying and superior passengers but that's to be expected. Hopefully some drunk person throws up in your car because you get more money for it than it costs to clean for sure.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
worse pay than advertised
Very innovative workplace
Recruiter & Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 22, 2017
Lyft, Inc. is an excellent company to work for. Every day is different and offers employees an opportunity to be creative and challenge convention. All ideas you submit are considered to management and you are encouraged to fix problems and resolve them rather than ignore them.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
Turn and burn system, terrible to their drivers
Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 11, 2017
I have worked for Lyft for a year now hold a 4.9/5 star rating depending on the month and given 2000 rides. I was always a company man, thought they were the best thing. However, other drivers would tell me how terrible their support is and complain about the long chain of emails if you needed help, and the lack of any prompt response. Turns out all that is true. See Lyft is great if you never need to contact them about your car, payment or any other matter. Their support is horrendous. Takes days to get a single email response and then, another day later they will reply to your reply. Meanwhile you are in need of someone to talk to. They do not value the driver at all. Stay away from this company. You will wreck your vehicle and lose money in the end.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No support, terrible leadership
They did not pay our money for weeks and we are behind our bill ....should leave on street ans they are careless
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 27, 2017
our bill ....should leave on street ans they are careless
They charge people more than what show on driver system and then pay less to driver. .. They not pay me almost more than 3 weeks with excuse of system not working.
Flexible and Convenient
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2017
This job has been able to provide me with the luxury of controlling my own hours, ensuring that I am able to work a decent amount of hours during the week. It provides great pay when working consistently, but does take a toll on person vehicle use.
Pros
self employed, control own schedule
Cons
vehicle wear and tear, no actual management to speak to when problems arise
Only good part of this job was making your own hours.
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Just one look at their reviews from facebook to the better business bureau and one will start to see how horrible of a company Lyft truly is. They do not treat their employees with an ounce of respect, it all comes down to customer satisfaction in the end.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Zero respect or help for drivers
lame company to work for
mentor recruiter (Current Employee) –  charlotte ncJune 21, 2017
horrible company to work for , they subsidize the rides and comp riders and pay their drivers peanuts , few months back they switched to another scam called upfront pricing where they show rider a different price and the drivers a different price and pocket the difference .i will not recommend this for anyone .
Pros
no pros here its just horrible
Cons
too much to list here, my advice stay away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9