Lyft Employee Reviews

Fair but unpredictable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
Lyft is a fine gig. Passengers are usually very friendly. Being able to go on or offline whenever you choose is a great plus. The problem is if you want to make money you have to be online when people need rides. Passengers are never a guaranteed thing. Being in the right place at the right time is a skill, but there is still a degree of luck involved. The most stressful part is getting a ping while going the wrong way and being stuck in the wrong lane, only to have them cancel on you by the time you turn around. The best part is meeting friendly and polite people.
Pros
Make your own schedule, passengers are usually friendly
Cons
Work is never steady, traffic can be stressful
fun workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2017
love meeting and interacting with new people in every ride that i provide. theres nothing hard at all about working with lyft, you are your own boss so you decide how your day goes and stop whenever you dont want to work anymore for the day.
Pros
i am my own boss
Cons
traffic
Productive and a fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
I love driving cars and trucks. So when I started at lyft I love the job very fast. I make my own hour. I also determine how much money I make every week.
For the most part I love it.
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2017
The only reason I'm not driving currently is because its put a beating on my car. For the wear & tear it's hard to determine if it's worth it. As of right now I can't drive because my vehicle needs major repairs that aren't accounted for in compensation.
lots of time to read and write at the airport.
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 21, 2017
I work with lyft at night, at the airport exclusively. My time waiting is spent reading, studying, and writing. My time on the job is professional, but I do enjoy a good conversation. I have driven co-founders of well-known websites, a Vice President engineer of a famous company (Hyperloop), and astrophysicists at NASA. The pay is unpredictable and often bad.
Pros
conversations, reading time, music.
Cons
payment, wear on car.
Great company but un-organized
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2017
I would say since we were a new city it was very un-organized but the management is very understanding, you are not micro-managed, very easy going. I helped with getting driver's applications done,which they can be hard to work with sometimes but overall it was easy. I was hired as a contract worker so it is no stability.
Pros
easy job, relaxed environment
Cons
unorganized and contract job
Driving customers
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 20, 2017
Driving customers daily,
No benefits
No management
Hardest part is angry customers
Easy part customers enjoying themselves
I can work as many hours as i want
Something to do in between jobs
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2017
I've found that working for lyft full time is not a reliable source of income. Good filler job while looking for something more permanent. If you don't like to drive this is not for you.
Pros
choose when you want to work
Cons
not much income
Work at will
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAOctober 19, 2017
I worked on my own
Learn to give an account of my daily routine
Management was good to work for
Great diverse culture
Early morning start time
I loved the Paydys
Pros
Lunch as you want
Cons
Short breaks
Fun, easygoing place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2017
I've only been with Lyft Left for a month. I love It! I get to work when I want with no commitment. I get paid weekly and my passenger have all been nice. Lyft also offers bonuses which I really like. Customer service through Twitter is great. Great company to work for.
Pros
Bonuses, work when u want, be your own boss
Cons
1 week background check
Decent Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2017
If you need extra money and have a car it's not a bad gig. I personally got sick of doing it. It really takes any form of a social life that you have.
Misleading Advertising
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2017
You will not make $35 per hour, is a lie and it is misleading advertising (what I call a form or bullying people). If you want to make them money go ahead and work for them.
Awesome
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
- Great customer/driver service
- Always end the day content financially and relaxed
- Networking really works when on rides and conversations help as well
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No bathroom
Great part-time job for those thinking flexibility
Driver/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2017
I live about 30 miles outside of downtown. I usually have to drive about 20 miles before I have a chance being pinged for a passenger. You never know who you're picking up or where you'll be going until you arrive at the pick-up location. Earnings can be great if you manage to get passengers in the Power Zones, but it can be very difficult if the passengers are heading out of town rather than into town. I put between 500-1200 miles per week on my personal vehicle. The expense of maintenance does start to add up quickly.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
excessive wear and tear on personal vehicle, $2k deductible in event of accident, unpredictable income
Make more money working for McDonalds
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
Perfect job for someone wanting to work for about $5 to $8 an hour, after gas, maintenance on your vehicle, taxes and paying for a schedule C, since you are issued a 1099, an average day of working from 8 am to 7 pm in the afternoon would bring me about $120, and 17 different calls driving over 200 miles, ans at least $60 in gas, in my big SUV, no special rate for big cars either, as they claimed.Seriously, if pepole did the math, NO ONE, would work for Lyft. Keep in mind there is no benefits, you get hurt in an accident, if you do not have enough coverage, good luck,the passenger can sue both you personally and Lyft, Lyft only provides insurance for the passenger, once they are in the car.
Pros
Anyone off the street can work with them
Cons
Pay is horrible
Drive
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2017
Drive passengers like a taxi driver pick up people and drop them off. Keep your vehicle clean provide quality service and have a good time meeting people
The job had efficient hours and was pretty simple.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2017
Driving for lyft was simple. Picking up and dropping off customers was pretty quick unless there was traffic. The traffic would cause complaints and sometimes dropped rides. It was usually the only negative thing that would happen.
Pretty rad
Independent Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2017
I, myself, am a shy and quiet person. This experience has helped me to be more social and chatty with my passengers. It has been quite the line of work.
Pros
make your own schedule. decent pay, excellent customer support
Good working experience
Independent Contractor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lyft. I was able to make my own hours and if you had any problems with a customer, they were very attentive and solved any issues for you.
Pros
Make your own hours
Fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 14, 2017
A great relaxed job. You can take a break or stop working whenever you like. Meet and converse with all type of people. Explore your own city or cities more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9