Lyft Employee Reviews

Flexible
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2017
The average hourly salary IS not $35 it is anywhere between $15 & $20 an hour, however, there are days if you get premium rides you could average around $25 an hour overall it flexible job & customer support has gotten better.
Pros
flexible great company
Cons
pay could be better
Working for lyft
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2017
Bonuses are unachievable. Unfair rating system. Passengers are often drunk and ungrateful. Very hard on your vehicle. Hard to make enough money to even cover the cost of gas due to they send you way out of your way for a 2 minute ride.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Pay
Good pay but many out of cost expenses for upkeep and maintenenance of car
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 12, 2017
The job is alright
You get paid weekly, the work schedule is extremely flexible you work wherever and whenever you want to for however long you desire. However you put a lot of miles on your car and you spend a lot on maintenance fees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
high maintenance costs for car
Its fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2017
I like that you can work when you want and however long you want. Don't have to ask for the day off. Really easy to work and get off work. deal with customers a lot.
fun workplace
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2017
just drive all around LA county and other counties fun workplace we can meet like 20 people in a typical day driving, sometimes stress because of the traffic
horrible app
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2017
App sucks, Schedule pick up and drive 20 miles to location and they try and send you on other trips 20 to 30 min away. I declined all and when trip was scheduled someone else picks them up.
Worst work place
Lyfy driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
You would not make money in ride sharing as a driver
The people make money are Lyft and Uber
Millions with little effort
Also, riders benefit with cheaper rided
If you have no other jobs, of course you can temporarily rely on this
Fun work place
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MOctober 11, 2017
Excellent job would recommend too others, love seeing different faces everyday, laid back and very relaxing I enjoy my job and everything that comes with it.
fast pace, fun loving wor place and great networking.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2017
My day would start with prepping my vehicle, weekly car washes and creating a setting that clients felt the out most comfort being with me as I took them to their destinations. At times the hardest part was to gauge how much does this new customer want me to talk, if at all haha. I love doing this job because of the endless potential to meet all sorts of people. My only downside to this job is the constant upkeep maintenance I have to get performed on my own vehicle which can bring up personal expenses pretty high at times.
Pros
fun job
Cons
the upkeep on vehicle is costly.
Fun Place to work
Manager/Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2017
I was able to set my own hours and days. Meet people and made lots of money. The best part about driving you can do it when you want to. I did like cleaning the car after the customers, so just do not take care of you car. I can pick the area I want to drive in.
Pros
You your own Boss
Cons
No benefits

Want to know more about Lyft?

Ask a question
If you need extra money, it is fine.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2017
After doing this as a full time gig for a year I can say that it is a easy job. Nothing difficult about driving. If you don't want to talk you don't have to. The pay varies greatly depending on when you are driving and the wear and tear on the car definitely builds up over time.
Pros
Easy, casual, loose schedule, paid instantly
Cons
Wear and tear, early mornings and weekends
Rideshare
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXOctober 6, 2017
Decent pay as a driver, especially if you drive a car with great mileage. Though, if you live in a quiet city, you may or may not make a whole lot. If you're looking more to explore your community, lyft is also good for that.
Pros
Make your own hours, some benefits
Cons
Extra wear and tear on your vehicle
Its okay
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2017
Its great when you get to make your own schedule, the only bad thing is the gas, miles, and the effort for little pay at times. especially when I drive 4 miles to give someone a ride, and the ride was only 3.50
Pros
own schedule
Cons
Not enough pay
great company
Rideshare Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2017
i love lyft, been a driver for almost 4 years. great part time job and life/work balance. you can work when you want to. i have completed almost 5k rides and hold a 4.9 rating. just an amazing experience.
Good place to earn extra income
Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2017
Love meeting people and being able to work flexible hours. Dislike the wear & tear on my personal vehicle. Would be better for me if lyft provided a rental/lease program for vehicles
Pros
Meeting different people from all over the world
Cons
Wear & tear on vehicle
Too Competitive in small cities
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Needs to reduce drivers in smaller cities as it oversaturates the area. Also, the company not honest about how much you will make a week and takes more than advertised.
Fun but not fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 2, 2017
Lyft was fun to work with at first. the rides can be great but every so often you get the one rider or group of rides who are the worst to pick up. then you have to be careful of whats called the pukers. they party during the weekend and get so drunk they will puke in your car. though lyft will cover the clean up cost, its the idea of having to even go through that. then you can get pick ups in dangerous neighbor hoods. and some of the people you pick up are questionable. you never know whats going to happen on a Lyft ride.
Pros
Work your own Hours
Cons
Riders can be dirty and can puke in your car, Lyft doesn't cover out of pocket cost for driving.
Great for extra income
Driver-For-Hire (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2017
It's good if you just need another small source of extra income, along with another Job, however, expect to drive a lot to make decent money, and even more if this is your only job. Don't do if you can't afford the difference in gas.
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Awesome people poor pay!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Escalon, CASeptember 30, 2017
I put over 5,000 miles on my car and didn't even clear $1,000 in a few weeks. After lift took there cut. And that doesn't include wear and tear on my vehicle.
Pros
Wonderful poeple
Cons
Pay sucks
Driver
LYFT Driver (Current Employee) –  Paterson, NJSeptember 29, 2017
As a left driver, you are your own boss. You work your own hours, control your schedule and depend solely on yourself to make it through the week. It is a great job for driver experience, and it is also great for those who need a steady job with very flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours, earnings guaranteed, you're the boss
Cons
Unfair ratings, cancelled rides, rude costumers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9