Lyft Employee Reviews

Fun getting to know different people
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2017
Had a good run but the hours are crazy needed more time with my family. Am trying to work with some good hours so I can pick my kids up from school something ending at 2
Pros
Own time
Great side hustle
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2017
Lyft has been a great company to work for. i have always been treated fairly and given the opportunity to make money. they are constantly improving on the experience.
Fun and intereting way to make money
driver (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 28, 2017
Flexible schedule allows you to keep this job work anywhere else so you have a backup ready just in case you need to make a little extra for a trip or event.
Review Summary
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day at work would be driving around, picking up lyft passengers, and bringing them to their drop off location. I learned how to jump into a fast passed environment, and how to manage my time appropriately.
Pros
Tips
Great supplemental job!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 28, 2017
Been driving for about 2 years now and I can say that it's been great with Lyft! I've never had any issues with any passengers. People are friendly and respectful. There could be improvements made to the gps application that are currently partnered with Lyft. Besides that this is the best "Side" job I've ever had in my working career! Work schedule? You make your own time lol. Pay can be excellent depending on how often you drive and how far. The cool thing with Lyft is that you get free gadgets and apparel for giving a certain amount of rides. I also enjoy the Lyft driver's meet and greet event once in awhile to break the chain and loosen up the stress people go through daily.
Pros
Free gadgets, jackets, donuts and coffee, discount on fuel with shell gas station!
Cons
Unable to control the weirdos entering my vehicle!
Flexibility in Life with Money to Make
Rideshare Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
Be your own employee is pretty much how I feel about Lyft. I can work when I want and whenever I want. Lyft gives you that freedom of working in a schedule that works for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule, ability to scale earnings on busy days
Cons
No benefits, your car gets a lot of wear and tear
It is nice to make your own hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 26, 2017
Although you have the benefit of working for yourself and making your own hours, the level of pay provided does not support the wear and tear of the vehicle as well as the maintenance of the vehicle. It became extremely stressful to pay bills and provide for myself as well as maintain my vehicle.
Pros
Work your own hours, make your own dress code, vacations when you want
Cons
low pay, destroys your car, does not provide vehicle maintenance plan
Easygoing, fun, Great people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
LYFT was temporary work so I could find permanent employment...I prefer not to work evening, as that is where you make a more profitable income...It's difficult to survive on a lyft income...I enjoy working with people, So that part of the job is Great! Sitting that long, or not getting payed for mileage, not having a hot spot can be frustrating as well...Overall, Lyft has helped me survive...
Pros
discounts on gas
Cons
no reimbursements for mileage, or car maintenance
Very fun and productive job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
I find that working for Lyft is fun, rewarding and well worth driving for the company. I spend time talking, laughing, conversating, and having fun with each passenger. My passengers talk about everything to me whether it's about there love life or politics. The diversity of people makes the drive well worth the time and money. This is something I love to do because I'm such a peoples person. My passengers love to do car pool karaoke.
Pros
Lyft provides us with free car washes, $7 off oil changes, free ice cream and donuts. Provides a spot for the drivers to hang out on Thursday nights.
Cons
Sometimes when you are driving none stop it's hard to stop to use the restroom or get gas
Its a grind
Ride Share Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
Could not make enough money to pay for car upkeep and gas let alone see any profit/
Had drunks and high people in my car smelling it up...
Long hours and no compensation
Pros
Great office view
would not recommend
Driver, Uber (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2017
sitting in a car for hours driving around the city waiting to pick someone up. waste of gas. and time. some days I've only made 50 dollars some days I can make 200. its all about luck theres nothing consistent and stable.
Self paced work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZSeptember 22, 2017
The company provides good training and get you ready for your first ride. The interfaces we sometime difficult because of the rural area in which i operated. the city connections were much better.

The customers were friendly. i did enjoy driving and learning more about each customer. I miss that.

I left the company because i have only one car and saw many accidents. Some were near fatal. I decided for me the risk was not worth the reward.
Pros
You set your own hours.
Cons
Exposure to risk.
you are your own boss
Self Employed Driver (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 22, 2017
Lyft definitely got me through a rough patch in my life. It is one of those jobs that can open so many doors to different things an opportunities....just by interacting with your clients
Fun
Lyft Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Lyft was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Who wouldn't want to be their own boss? I would recommend this job to anyone! If you like free time and making extra money whenever you want! Go for it!
flexable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2017
work when you want whenever you want. work after your part time job or even your full time. its a great way to earn a few extra dollar in your wallet.
As a female Driver I do not feel safe at night
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2017
Unfortunately most of the riders/passengers were not of high quality. I cannot drive at night with Lyft because I feel unsafe. I have canceled many rides because I feel unsafe. To be fair I am a female driver and a male driver may not have the same situation.
Fun place to work for
Uber/Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 21, 2017
Ok job drive people to there destinations Good conversations Have break at any time Liston to good music Good side job if you have to pay bills Nice people
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
People smells
good
Chauffeur (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Basically you have to wait for a fare to pop up, then you pick them up at their location and take them to their destination. It's easy and the pay is good. The only bad part is the wear and tear on your car, plus I think lyft gives you a lot of great fares at the start of your shift, but then slowly decreases the amount/distance you go.
Mantienes un horario abierto, lo que te permite ajustarte en cualquier situaciĆ³n.
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Es divertido, aunque exaustivo, Lyft te permite mantener un horario abierto lo que no impide realizar otras actividades con libertad.
Excellent Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy meeting new people from all walks of life, I can take breaks whenever I need too. I love having the flexibility of being able to work when I want too.
Pros
Flexibility, nobody over you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lyft. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9