Lynch Ambulance Employee Reviews

Awful dispatch management
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 22, 2019
The dispatch supervisor allows bullying because she’s friends with the one dispatcher (s) who has been then for years and get away with bullying others
Great experience
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 7, 2019
In an industry saturated with sub-par EMS companies with shady management and shadier business practices, it is refreshing to work at a company that operates ethically and treats its employees well. Lynch is right in that sweet spot where it is large and established enough that the company is stable and the equipment is good, but not so large and corporate that you are treated like a number.

To start with the positive:
-Scheduling is incredible. I have always been able to get time off as long as I did my part to notify management in advance and make some attempt to find somebody to fill in for me.
-Call volume is very reasonable, and unlike other companies, you will usually not get run hard all day or get your hours cut very early. We run fewer calls per day than other companies based on talking to EMTs from other companies, and over the past year or so the quality of calls has improved significantly (far less dialysis).
-Equipment is good on the BLS side and great on the ALS side. Ambulances are kept clean and well maintained by dedicated mechanic staff so you don't have to wash your own rigs or drive around embarrassed in a dented-up ambulance like some other companies.
-The supervisors and management are generally very accessible and will make a genuine attempt to address any concerns that arise so long as you are reasonable about it. As with any company, management is more likely to go the extra mile for you if you are an employee who goes above and beyond and isn't know for always doing the bare minimum.
-As an EMT, you can work on an ALS unit with a Paramedic
  more... or work alongside hospital staff at CHOC once you get some experience.

Like any EMS company, pay for EMTs is not great, but that is just the unfortunate reality of the entire industry. Pay at Lynch is more or less in-line with what other comparable companies pay in the area, and because their overtime kicks in at 8 hours, you make overtime pay on every shift. If you factor in overtime, pay is better than it appears at face value.

Overall, there is no other EMS company (ESPECIALLY in the world of IFT) that I would rather work as an EMT at.
Pros
Incredible scheduling, reasonable call volume, better quality calls, good equipment, good supervisors/management
Cons
Pay isn't great (although it is normal for the industry)
Good place to work as a medic
IFT Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 29, 2018
Orange County has a reputation like LA county in regards to what their medics are allowed to do, but the IFT program is top notch for any medic that wants to practice their skills and become competent, and Lynch was the company to really spearhead the entire program. I worked here part time after losing my full time job and they really took care of me and I enjoyed working here.
Professional ambulance company that offers great healthcare experience
EMT-B Field Training Officer (Current Employee) –  2950 E La Jolla St, Anaheim, CA, 92806October 24, 2018
I have been an EMT for 4 years and have prior experience working for another private ambulance company. Working at Lynch is a total night and day difference from my previous EMT company. Management seems to be a problem among other private ambulance companies but at Lynch I feel that our supervisors genuinely care about us.

Lynch ambulance is a professional organization where you can gain introductory experience into the vast field of healthcare. The company offers shifts where you can work one on one with a paramedic, run critical care transport calls, and run pediatric calls on the CHOC unit. I would recommend working at Lynch ambulance to anyone that wants to build healthcare experience.
Pros
Awesome introductory position into healthcare, Great partners, Management is genuine and cares about you, flexible schedule, decent calls, Work with paramedics, Registered Nurses and Respiratory Therapists
Cons
Low pay, long shifts, sometimes calls are very routine
Fast paced and Extremely Stressful job
EMT/ FIELD TRAINING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 4, 2018
Worked 12 hour shifts. Driving and transporting patients to hospitals, care facilities. Basic Life Support calls and at times respond and transport critical care patients with a nurse on board.
Fast paced and must have ability to multi task and make quick decisions for the sake of others well being.
Pros
Meeting new people, Helping others
Cons
Short breaks, Pays bad
Great stepping stone for new EMT's
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2018
If you are a new EMT, this is a good place to understand the basics of the job and how hospitals work before going into the 911 field. Scheduling is their best feature, you can practically make your own schedule, it's great for current students.
Pros
scheduling, experience, different opportunities
Cons
when dispatch plays favorites, pay
nice place to start, but horrible place to be for more than 6 months
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Routine here, hospice calls, hospital discharges, and ER calls. Lynch provides no benefits. Lynch is moving to a hospice company now, very depressing.
Pros
Some partners are cool
Ethically gray operational practices
Ambulance Driver / EMT-1 Ambulance Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 20, 2017
A lot of earnest staff that believe in professional work ethic, sometimes at the mercy of less ethical management. Crews were at the mercy of dispatchers' and managers' whims.
A good place to start out, and a GREAT company for while in school
EMT (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 14, 2017
Best aspect of working here was the flexible scheduling, which allowed for time at school, with some working full time part time, or per diem. The pay wasn't great, but that's the industry mostly. Management was good, and you barely see them. You show up, grab your ambulance, and run calls. Little drama. Not great benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours, FT/PT/PD employee hours
Cons
Benefits arent great, pay wont wow you and no bonuses.
Poor management , poor wages
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 16, 2017
There are manyyyyyyy ambulance companies, I would pass this company if you can. The owner is very cut throat who does not care about anyone besides his company and money. Wages are low, benefits are so so. I would not recommend this company, unless you had no other option. They also have a CHOC orange division, with is very political, a lot of favorites. This company mainly does dialysis, doctors visits, and return transports to retirement homes, or rehabs.
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many to list
Paramedic
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 23, 2017
Private paramedic for Lynch Ambulance out of the city of Anaheim, California. Patient lifting and transporting. Patient monitoring and ALS interventions.
Best place for new EMT's
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2015
If you've just graduated from EMT school and need that first job for experience, this is the best place to be. They will give you the best on the job training. Once you get that training, move on. There is almost no upward mobility here, and management isn't about helping people.
Pros
Great for beginner EMT's
Cons
Everything else
Family owned and operated, if you were not family you are not important
MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 20, 2014
Employees are expendable should be the mission statement for this company Respect, Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence is just propaganda, not values that they follow. A place to work for a limited time to be field trained and to gain the necessary experience to move on and further a career, but not a good long term work environment.
Pros
Providing a service to the public and community is rewarding
Cons
Healthcare benefits are really bad, Hours are inconsistent, no room for promotion or advancement.
Challenging environment with many opportunities
Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 23, 2014
Great opportunity for employees. The company is always seeking to grow and offer new services and chances for employees to advance.
Pros
Positive employee culture
Informative
MIBC Externship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 5, 2013
I was really able to learn a lot from this company. It was nice to be able to utilize what I learned in school, in an actual work setting. My co-workers were friendly and knowledgable.
Productive work place
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 19, 2012
A typical day at work :I f/u on my claims by running an aging report on claims that have not been paid make phone calls and check status w insurances work on denials mail them back out electronically or by paper claim on hcfa1500 forms
I have great co workers and we work well as a team