Lynn Public Schools Employee Reviews

No support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 31, 2019
They lacked the understanding of my field which lead to many difficulties. They did not give the necessary supports for my type of classroom. Their were far too many students and not enough staff to create a safe and healthy learning environment.
Great place
Lunch Aide (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 21, 2018
Its easy fast paced. I love working with the children. All staff work together to solve any and all problems thrown our way. I do this job for fun not because i have to. It seems to draw me back year after year.
Pros
Two hours a day
Cons
Ten hour weeks
It's a school system
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAAugust 2, 2018
It's an urban school system best suited for experienced teachers who can manage a large classroom full of students who may not wish to be there. The administration will support teachers in these efforts. However, it takes new teachers a while to get up to speed. They do not spoon-feed new staff every bit of information necessary for day-to-day survival.
Retired as a high school science and history teacher.
Secondary Science and History Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 29, 2018
I retired from LPS in June of 2013 as a full time teacher and now work as a time part tutor. This was a medium sized urban public school just north of Boston, Massachusetts.
Pros
Good work schedule and faculty.
Cons
A widw range of student behavior to deal with.
It was a good place to work
Administrator - Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 18, 2018
It was a good place to work but the commute back into Boston was difficult. I learned a lot about working with a diverse group of students and teachers.
productive and fun workplace
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 24, 2018
I was on call basis. I have learned to work with different cultures. workplace was stressful sometimes. some teachers helps and some does not help at all. the hardest part was to find out if I was a good fit for the different schools. The most enjoyable is finding student out of the school and giving me hugs.
Pros
good pay and schedule
Cons
not being permanent employee
Wipe down your keyboard and your steering wheel and keep an eye on your coffee.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJanuary 17, 2018
Literally poisoned by the people I worked with. If you did not grow up in Lynn or have strong connections there, do not even try. I don't think everyone is working under their own teaching license. Indeed is taking down reviews that are critical of this school system. That doesn't seem legally ethical or wise. Look at what's happening to Trip Advisor.
Pros
Nice kids!
Cons
Poison
Best job
paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MADecember 18, 2017
Loved working at Lynn schools. Great business and amazing people. Loved the diversity. Working with children is the best and the school vacations. Plus paid snow days.
Pros
Pay
Cons
some of the schools have a gym
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MANovember 9, 2017
I was working as a substitute teacher as need it. I just have to go to the office and report myself to work. I signed a log and then i was assigned to a specific classroom. Schools were a variety of rules,and regulations. I have to do what the teachers told me to help with. Some schools' personal treated me good, great and some were not that helpful. I just did was I was supposed to do.
Pros
some have free lunches
Cons
some teachers did treated me as a baby sitter and some were OK, too far from home sometimes.
Fun and challenging
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 20, 2017
If you have no experience working in a diverse community, or do not understand the demographic, this is not the right place for you. Understanding the background of these children is imperative towards your success here, and knowing you will probably be taking these issues home with you because these kids have been through and are going through a lot.
Pros
Made lots of connections
Cons
can be frustrating since some kids enjoy defying authority
very supportive, fun and professional work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work includes engaging my students in learning through fun and exciting activities, conversations and projects. Planning lessons, organizing the classroom and collaborating with my peers about lessons taught and upcoming ones.
Pros
working with children and friendly colleagues
Cons
insufficient for extended planning
great collaboration
Special Education teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 6, 2017
Every day was different. Staff was supportive and collaborated very well. Great support from administration and clinicians within the building. Very rewarding work
productive and fun workplace
Private Nanny (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAAugust 30, 2017
I started as a teacher aide. Lynn public schools offers to pay for teacher aides to go to college to become certified teachers. I took advantage of this. It was well worth it. I was an aide for eleven years and a full time teacher for five years. This included grades pre-k to second grade. I also received my masters degree in early childhood education.
professional environment with excellent educators and support staff
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 25, 2017
I have learned a great deal in the Lynn Public School system. I've seen educators and support staff do absolutely everything for the children in their care. They have been kind to me, and taught me things I would never have learned without being present in their classrooms. I'm lucky to have had this opportunity.
Pros
Excellence
Cons
little bit of a drive-but worth it
I worked at Breed Junior High and Lynn Tech all of my career and it was very good
Retired Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Breed and Lynn YechJuly 19, 2017
I worked my total career at Bree junior high school for 6 years and then Lynn Tech the remaining years until I retired I enjoyed it very much the kids were good and the teaching process was very fulfilled
Pros
Very nice working conditions
Cons
No real cons to talk about
Great opportunity
Lynn - Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 14, 2017
Substituting gives a great perspective on where our school system is at, how it works and where it needs to be. Taking this has helped steer me into the type of teacher I want to be,
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 6, 2017
I subbed in some great schools: great faculty and staff, great students, and overall great experiences. Everyone was helpful, and I got a chance to gain experience in teaching, however frequent or infrequent it may have been.
Positve and good atmosphere
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with a diverse population of students with behavioral issues as well as special needs utilizing my skills and background. It was a great experience overall.
Para-Professional in Behavioral Classroom (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 8, 2017
It was a great summer job and I gained lots of experience and life skills. I made great connections with both the students and other faculty and am very grateful for the experience.
good benefits, management likes to micromanage
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 29, 2017
The one thing I like about my job is that I am busy so the day tends to go by quicker. The hardest part about my job sometimes is waiting for others to finish their work before I can do mine. Management isn't always fair. We are always behind on getting raises. Some of the people I work with are great though.
Pros
good amount of vacation time and sick time
Cons
we have to wait too long for a raise