Lynwood Unified School District Employee Reviews

Stay out of the politics
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 2, 2019
If you stay out of the politics, Lynwood kids really need support. There are a lot of fights and students who do not want to learn which makes it hard for those who do. But for those who do, their stories are heartbreaking and seeing them achieve is amazing.
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CA 90262January 28, 2019
Worked there for one year as a teacher. There were not a lot of teacher supports. We had no ELA curriculum at the time. Needed more time to give a real review.
Fun working enviroment family orientatde
Subsitute Custodian/Grounds Keeper (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 23, 2018
Everyone treats each other like family, we work hard to perfect our job and keep the school clean and neat for the students and there parents. Bathrooms stay clean and sanitized.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Needs a lot of improvement
Instructional Assistant- Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 6, 2018
Worked for the district for 4 years and I havent been able to receive benefits or paid vacation.
I havent been able to become permenant, even though I work like a full time employee.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No guaranteed advancements or permanent postions
Do not enter
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 2, 2018
There is no support from upper management. Employees who don't perform their job duties are not held accountable, then you are asked to pick up their slack and they are not disciplined by upper management or human resources. This makes the environment hopeless and stressful regardless if the pay/benefits cover your bills.
Pros
pay and benefits were competitive
Cons
almost everything else
Fun job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 8, 2018
This job is fun and very educational. You learn a lot and a lot of hands on training. The work isn’t hard at all and you work at your own pace and nobody bothers you.
Pros
Free lunch. Nice teachers.
Cons
Paid once a month
Great People at all levels of the School District
Nutrition Service Worker I (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 1, 2018
I have worked with Lynwood Unified School District for 2 years and found that the culture was hardworking, encouraging, and treated their employees with fairness. The staff and upper management were professional and encouraging. Just wish the position I was in paid a little better. Overall, the school district was a decent place to work.
Pros
A great place to work, flexible schedule, friendly environment
Cons
Pay was not suitable to cost of living, challenges with advancement
Always felt I was walking on eggshells
Algebra 1 Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CASeptember 3, 2018
Students felt they could do whatever they wanted, talking with parents and administrators made no difference. Tenured staff was never on time for any type os meeting, wasted my time, it's just as valuable as theirs.
Great people
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 21, 2018
Worked as a substitute teacher assistant for the am and pm preschool classes all over the lynwood district the best part was choosing school to work at I was super honor to work w teachers that requested me to work w their students many times
Pros
Teachers and students
Cons
Lunch breaks are too short, no benefits no vacation, sickdays and holidays not payed
N\a
Campus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 13, 2018
I love working here. I love the site am at . They’re very flexible very slow paced. Looking for better opportunities in this job. Paid is reasonable.
Very productive place to work at.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CA 90262July 25, 2018
Getting up every morning and knowing that I was going to work at lynwood Unified School District is a joy! As a substitute teacher we have the advantage of working at different schools and in every school I felt a warm welcome.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
No benefits for substitute teachers
Racist
Department Chair/Curriculum Design/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 18, 2018
They promote unqualified Hispanics and Whites over qualified African American. The culture is intolerant of African Americans. They allow the students to disrespect teachers.
Pros
Summers Off
Cons
Racially Charged Environment
administration sucked
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 9, 2018
the students were great, but the school administration competency varies on location. The middle schools were the worst assignments because of administrations. The best assignments to take are elementary and high school locations.
Pros
guaranteed 7 hours
Cons
lack of paid vacations/ holiday breaks
Productive, learned a lot
Team director of operations (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMarch 26, 2018
My typical day at work was busy and filled with assignments. I learned to work with others and different things on how to approach others. The management was good and taught me many different skills for other jobs. The workplace culture was family oriented. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance the duties. The most enjoyable moments were the working environment.
Pros
Life skills, flexible
Cons
Temporary
Great company to work for.
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAFebruary 15, 2018
I worked at Lynwood Unified School District for a year and the people are very professional. They treat you with respect. I have a lot of respect for higher management.
Great Opportunity to share with students. Work culture is excellent.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I found Lynwood Unified School District to be a wonderful place to share knowledge with students, eager to learn. The work culture was excellent and especially for temporary employee and substitutes, alike.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Daily rate
Problem Kids
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CaliforniaDecember 5, 2017
I worked with the children one on one. Sometimes it was stressful because of behavior problems and fights among the kids. I had to take some of the kids to the office for discipline.
Great
Instructional Assistant- Special Education (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CADecember 5, 2017
It is a great district to work for. It has it ups and down just like most companies but for the most part this is a great organization to work for ..
Productive and Collaborative work place
Director of Special Education (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 9, 2017
This is a family based work place environment.
Lynwood USD enables you to grow as a professional.
My first position was a teacher and I was able to grown and promote to an administrator.
The Best way to earn easy money with great benefits.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 2, 2017
This is probably the best job I've had so far. The other employees are so nice and down to earth. I've learned a lot and are still learning today. I haven't had any stress working here and everyday is a fun new experience.