Lyondell Employee Reviews

great place to work
Clean Oil Products Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
excellent advancement opportunities
creative training
work from home policy in an as needed basis
team player environment
interaction with management
excellent benefits
NDE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXOctober 8, 2018
I highly recommend this company to anyone that is seeking for job like non destructive testing, this company has a good customer relation, I wish to work with them for a long term
Great teams to work with
Control Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The people are very talented. Everyone digs in to ensure the facility runs reliability. Most days are spent supporting other teams by ensuring the infrastructure is in place to facility their projects and needs. This includes hardware and software management as well as OS patching and antivirus updates.
Pros
401K and pension
Lyondell was more of a holding company
Oxidation Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Working at Lyondell was more of working for a holding company that did not care about employees nor the business, so it seemed. The atmosphere was very hard due to reasons above.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Poor communication and respect for employees
Great place to work .
Millwright ( Machinist ) (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LASeptember 5, 2018
I have been working for LyondellBasell for 11 years. We have gone through quit a few changes in personnel , production, and sops witch has made this a more safe facility. I have a great job great people to work with and for. My wife and I recently visited Montana and have fallen in love with this beautiful state culture and people and are wanting to move .
Pros
Great job
Cons
No cons to speak of
Good place to wrok
Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 6, 2018
Fast paced, never bored and new challenges everyday. Customers can be very demanding in the automotive industry but we do a good job of working with them to get their orders out on time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of advancement at Lansing Location
Overall Nice Group of People in Tax
Tax Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
I am a contractor in the Tax department so I can't say as much as an employee could. The people in Tax are very smart and share knowledge. Their IT group and philosophy is outstanding.
Pros
Laptops are utilized everywhere
Cons
Im
Great palce to work with family feel
Production & Technical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 20, 2018
- Safety is their culture
- Family feel; they really care about all their employees and contractors
- Great Employee Development Plan
- Awesome Company Discounts
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay could be better
Have fun working and still get the job done safely
Operator/Supervisoro (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
Excellent complex to work at
Been to other plants flint hills, Formosa
Lyondell rates way on the top with out doubt
Excellent core group of operations people all with a common goal be safe , make production yeields hi as possible .. one of those complexes every one up and down the ship channel wanted to work at
Cannot go wrong hiring on with Lyonell
Compared to other companies up and down the ship channel——-Lyonell was on top hands down
Pros
All good
Negative
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
My overall experience was negative, very archaic in their treatment of operators. Overall morale is down about as low as it can be and operators are almost all looking for other places of employment. Money is great but your treatment leaves much to be desired.
Good Pay...Needs management upgrade
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 22, 2018
Good paying job...lots of politics and HR Dept. is a non factor . High demand on safety which is good for this industry. Hard to trust management in many instances.
Good company, good benefits/pay
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Good pay and benefits, good management and collaborative culture. Fast paced environment with good management. The company has done a great job of growing the last few years.
Contract Position
IT Project Manager (ITS PMO) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2018
LYB was a good company to work contract with. I was not privy to all of their benefits as a temp employee. They did not blend the contract personnel into their culture.
Cons
Downtown Houston
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Assistant SR. - Cash, Controls & Audit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Loved working at Lyondell, the management team was fair to team always busy! I been though good and bad times with the company and was always fairly treated.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
outsoured
Automotive Industry - Fast paced
Supply Chain Assoc/Customer Service Auto (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI - for CDI - ContractMay 21, 2018
I will regret when I must leave this position. I have lived and breathed this job for over 3 years. I love the high stress and busyness of the position dealing with customers, management, material planners, logistics teams, export teams and all that it takes to make a customers day with their materials.

I have learned how to overcome so many challenges.

The people here at LYB make this position, we are all talented in different ways with our ability to think outside the box with our variety of talents
Pros
People
Cons
Stress
Work/life balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
Biggest pro - people at LYB are very welcoming and friendly. There is great work/life balance and many opportunities to improve the way things are done.
Extremely long hours and sub-par management
Alky/MTBE Operations Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXMay 1, 2018
I was well paid at Lyondell but the amount of hours I worked were unacceptable, which I regret due to time lost with my daughters over all those years.
Stressful
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 30, 2018
Working with Lyondell was stressful during the time of my employment due to a corporate merger and job cuts.

Prior to the merger of BasellLyondell merger, working for Basell was pleasant.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job cuts
great place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 21, 2018
Great company just wish it were less of a commute. Management is fair and the safety culture is pushed. Benefits are good. Pay is good.
4 on 4 off schedule is nice
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
S4 Board Operator, and Operator Instructor (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 19, 2018
Start the day at 5:00 am with a daily safety huddle. Talked about maintenance activities for the day. Helped anyone needing help complete tier daily task. Worked the control board console making any adjustments needed for process. Made the daily log on computer for the night shift to have and turn over to them.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Upsets in unit control board