Lyondell Employee Reviews

MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS MILLWRIGHT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2018
Overall good company to work for. Worked 4-10 hour days which was perfect for me. Worked turnaround every other year, planned in between time. Over all machinery repairs.
Pretty much evil
IT (Former Employee) –  HQ- HoustonDecember 2, 2018
It's not a place to work if you have a sense of morality or ethics.

Leadership has no loyalty to anyone or anything other than their personal income.

Work load is intense and you won't be appreciated for what you do unless you somehow get on the radar of someone special. Not sure how one does that, but it isn't by being good at your job and working hard. Lazy blame shifters thrive while top notch people have been let go or made to leave. Perception is more important than reality.

Politics is never ending. One of the most corrupt and backstabbing environments I've ever worked in. I blame the bonus structure for that. People are given financial incentives to undermine their coworkers, so that they themselves can come out higher in the rankings.

Managers have a bonus incentive to purge great people having minor issues that are temporary. There is no decency. No compassion. No loyalty.

Working here can destroy your life as it did mine. Be careful.
Pros
Money
Cons
Your health and spirit will suffer
LyondellBassell Associate
GCE (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 5, 2018
Sky's the limit on how far you can go within LyondellBassell. The company is so open and wanting to listen to new, and different suggestions on developing synergies on projects, that will help drive savings for the company.
Pros
A company driven on metrics and pushes you to succeed!
Cons
Sometimes too many meetings
productive and fast pace enviroment
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 31, 2018
productive and fast pace environment, always on your feet sometimes having to climb ..overall I enjoyed my time working with all the employes there...every one treated you like family
Pros
na
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, SR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
None to report. I enjoyed working there and would recommend the job to anyone. The company has a family atmosphere and high professional expectations of the workers.
Relaxed and fun place to work
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
While working at lyondellbasell my day to day was a repetitive routine of the same work. I learned what its like to work in a professional environment and how to be responsible for my own actions and work. The management was great everyone here is nice and we all treat each other with respect and kindness. Hardest part of the job was the consistency and having to stay focused on the work in hand. The most enjoyable part was the relaxation of the company and how understanding they are.
Pros
Good lunches, good hours
Cons
can be slow, repetitive
great place to work
Clean Oil Products Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
excellent advancement opportunities
creative training
work from home policy in an as needed basis
team player environment
interaction with management
excellent benefits
NDE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXOctober 8, 2018
I highly recommend this company to anyone that is seeking for job like non destructive testing, this company has a good customer relation, I wish to work with them for a long term
Great teams to work with
Control Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The people are very talented. Everyone digs in to ensure the facility runs reliability. Most days are spent supporting other teams by ensuring the infrastructure is in place to facility their projects and needs. This includes hardware and software management as well as OS patching and antivirus updates.
Pros
401K and pension
Lyondell was more of a holding company
Oxidation Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Working at Lyondell was more of working for a holding company that did not care about employees nor the business, so it seemed. The atmosphere was very hard due to reasons above.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Poor communication and respect for employees

Want to know more about Lyondell?

Ask a question
Great place to work .
Millwright ( Machinist ) (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LASeptember 5, 2018
I have been working for LyondellBasell for 11 years. We have gone through quit a few changes in personnel , production, and sops witch has made this a more safe facility. I have a great job great people to work with and for. My wife and I recently visited Montana and have fallen in love with this beautiful state culture and people and are wanting to move .
Pros
Great job
Cons
No cons to speak of
Good place to wrok
Inventory Planner (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 6, 2018
Fast paced, never bored and new challenges everyday. Customers can be very demanding in the automotive industry but we do a good job of working with them to get their orders out on time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of advancement at Lansing Location
Overall Nice Group of People in Tax
Tax Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
I am a contractor in the Tax department so I can't say as much as an employee could. The people in Tax are very smart and share knowledge. Their IT group and philosophy is outstanding.
Pros
Laptops are utilized everywhere
Cons
Im
Great palce to work with family feel
Production & Technical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 20, 2018
- Safety is their culture
- Family feel; they really care about all their employees and contractors
- Great Employee Development Plan
- Awesome Company Discounts
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay could be better
Have fun working and still get the job done safely
Operator/Supervisoro (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 11, 2018
Excellent complex to work at
Been to other plants flint hills, Formosa
Lyondell rates way on the top with out doubt
Excellent core group of operations people all with a common goal be safe , make production yeields hi as possible .. one of those complexes every one up and down the ship channel wanted to work at
Cannot go wrong hiring on with Lyonell
Compared to other companies up and down the ship channel——-Lyonell was on top hands down
Pros
All good
Negative
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
My overall experience was negative, very archaic in their treatment of operators. Overall morale is down about as low as it can be and operators are almost all looking for other places of employment. Money is great but your treatment leaves much to be desired.
Good Pay...Needs management upgrade
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 22, 2018
Good paying job...lots of politics and HR Dept. is a non factor . High demand on safety which is good for this industry. Hard to trust management in many instances.
Good company, good benefits/pay
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Good pay and benefits, good management and collaborative culture. Fast paced environment with good management. The company has done a great job of growing the last few years.
Contract Position
IT Project Manager (ITS PMO) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2018
LYB was a good company to work contract with. I was not privy to all of their benefits as a temp employee. They did not blend the contract personnel into their culture.
Cons
Downtown Houston
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Assistant SR. - Cash, Controls & Audit (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
Loved working at Lyondell, the management team was fair to team always busy! I been though good and bad times with the company and was always fairly treated.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
outsoured