M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,078 reviews matching the search See all 1,084 reviews
productive, competitive
Post Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I think its a good place to work,
good people , good culture who incorporate the small employee; and their input into the big corporate scheme.
friendly workers, great bosses
Pros
free parking
 Good experience in training and development of staff
Platform Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Joined M&T Bank as a platform supervisor and had the opportunity to learn all the products and service the members and the team.
 Identify customer needs and refer to the appropriate products and services
 Assist other bank clerks during the rush hours and perform duties as requested by them.
 Supervised and trained new employees
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
Health care
never worked for a bank
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I never worked for a bank M & T is a trucking company that drove over the road delivering goods up and down the east coast loading and unloading using a humper which is called for your helper
Community involvemed large bank with small bank feel
Senior Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Great benefits offered as well as time off. Feels like a local bank but has larger footprint. Conversion of other Banks did not provide enough training. New hired do not get long enough time training.
Pros
Travel time, travel meals, and milage are covered.
Cons
Poor training length
Great place
CONSUMER LENDING ASSOCIATE III (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Working for M&T is very challenging. We do balance work and at the same time keeping a relaxed environment. It is good to work for a company that cares about you.
Pros
Fun Day
Best place to work
TREASURY DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Am currently working in M&T Bank for fixed days, If I have given a chance to work in more longer term days of work I would gladly work here. Overall it is an awesome place to work and also get experience in various things. The work culture is one of the best thing to experience. A complete care of Employees are always in good level and have stress free environment. Work and Other Activities are well balanced and all co-workers help each and other to complete any mission.
Buffalo's Hometown Bank
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 6, 2018
M&T is a large employer within Buffalo, however they are a bit behind in technology, work life balance, and with some of their conservative values. There are several wonderful people who work there, and I do believe the environment will change in the near future.
Auntie was a great Bank to work for it was a very busy branch with lots to learn lots to see and do.
teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYSeptember 6, 2018
During my time as a teller for M&T Bank I learned very much about what are job being a teller is all about I learned how to balance ATM machines, exchange Canadian money for American, do official checks and money orders, redeem savings bonds.
Pros
I live very close to the branch less than a mile. Fast Pace branch and a great staff to work with
Cons
Having to work every Saturday being the part time teller
stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 6, 2018
Stay away from working for this bank. If they do not like you they go after you.
Unreal goals that the Managers make up goals that they do. Regional Managers and the Head of the NY, NJ, & CT region has goals for his people that are so unreasonable. It's no longer a friendly people bank. All they want is the businesses and people who have money. They seem to target the business customers they want you to bring in. Never mind the little mom and pop places.
Branch personal work well with each other just upper management sucks. They have their people acting like Wells Fargo.
Pros
Cons
to many
Loan officer
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 4, 2018
they promised me a certain pay and after I received my first commission check I realized it was all lies and they said it was a misunderstanding. I received lots of empty promises since then about them fixing it. the pay horrible
Pros
staff
Cons
pay
Fast paced environment
Business Banking Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2018
There are way too many changes to Management which make job advancement within the division difficult. Whenever there is a change, you have to prove your worth all over again to a new manager. This is tough for me as I have an extremely high work ethic.
Pros
Challenging Jobs
Cons
Management Changes
Good
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Good to start your career in the banking field. It was many years ago, now things have might change. Can say the bank is behind technology, doesn;t offer too many products, but give good rates on accounts and CDs.
fun place to work
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 31, 2018
It was good working there. Gain tremendous experience while working there . Managers were great and not afraid to expose you to the different areas within tax
Pros
gainful experience
Cons
tax season pressure
Beware of CAM, & Customer Service Departments
Credit Asset Management Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEAugust 25, 2018
You will do much more work than you are paid for in a very stressful working environment. M&T is still extremely segmented. One department has absolutely zero communication with another. The customers are lost because of this and honestly the employees are too.
Pros
CAM Management is the best!!!!
Cons
8 our of 10 of everything.
Did not enjoy my time here
BSA Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 24, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at M&T; however, the company took over my former employer and did not bother to get to know me as a person. I did not feel treated appropriately within daily operations.
Poor Management
Liquidity Risk Analyst, Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 23, 2018
Multiple meetings a day with little to no work life balance. Poor management will do little to help you achieve your day to day activities. Office politics plays a huge role in promotions.
Very fast paced
Mortgage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 23, 2018
Another fast pace business, very nice and polite people. No manager looking over your back. Relaxed atmosphere, very professional business. Sometimes very long days.
Wonderful work environment
Service Associate (Teller) (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAAugust 21, 2018
At the Bloomsburg branch everyone is accommodating and very caring. Learning and understanding the ever changing rules that come with banking can be frustrating at times but I feel that I have job security and that I am cared for in this company.
Good company
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 19, 2018
*paid benefits
*paid training
*bonuses
*when you get to learn your customers, you become "part of the family"
*holiday events
*many products offered to customers
I was fired bc I cashed a fraudulent check
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDAugust 19, 2018
I was fired bc I was at the teller station and the customer gave me a canadian id and the check ended up to be fraudulent. The thing is that my manager checked off on the check before I cashed the check and nothing happened to her.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight