M&T Bank Employee Reviews

Nice work enviroment
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2018
Easy stuff to do. But its very tedious and the employees are back stabbers. Pays good. Good health insurance. Good benefits. Good hours. Co workers are not nice. Management is backwards and picks favorites.
n/a
Mortgage Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMarch 18, 2018
Was a very nice place to work, the management was great and very good hours. Everyone was very friendly, good benefits. the hardest part of the job was getting out on time.
All employees are not treated the same..Mgmt doesn't follow up their employees..Does not communicate with the e mpliyee on job performance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 16, 2018
Treating employees with respect is lost..The communication between management and employee is not clear..Mgmt needs to do a better job at promoting within
It’s good hours if you have a family to tend to.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 13, 2018
It’s an okay place to work. I’m not impressed by the management at all. There is a lot of training involved and there systems are very out of date. Overall it’s a okay place to work if you like working with the public.
A good work environment
COMMERCIAL SERVICE SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 13, 2018
The pay is good, the job is relaxed and there are many opportunities to expand within the job. I will say that the management could definitely care more.
Pros
Relaxed, good pay
Cons
Uninvolved management
Great place to work if you are people oriented
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PA 17331March 11, 2018
* The banking industry is not what it used to be.

* The banking industry is very sales driven.

* You have to be very detail oriented, when dealing with people's
money.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
The pay does not equal the magnitude of responsibilities.
m and t bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 9, 2018
was a nice place to work until they started pushing you inform customers about checking accounts, loan accounts, credit cards. there was a quota to make.
Not a good place to work
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 9, 2018
Not a good place to work. They pay was low and the skill level was very lacking and out dated. I would not recommend this company for several other reasons.
Trust Transaction Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 8, 2018
Enjoy my job at M&T, the management is proactive about developing their employees and making it a great place to work. You are able to develop your future path.
Did not like it.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 7, 2018
Did not agree with some of the job responsibilities. Gave me too much to do for someone who was only part time. Also had to make referrals-did not like that.
Nice Co-workers, Terrible Vision
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2018
M&T Bank prides itself on focusing on three pillars: the customer, the investor, and the employee. However, only one of these pillars was pushed, and it wasn't the employee or the customer. Because of this, policy was put in place that made no sense from a employee point of view. For example, M&T offers the ability to work from home (that's good!) but, if you are sick, you cannot use your work from home capability if it is not one of the days you are scheduled to work from home. In essence, they would rather pay you to do NO work than pay you to DO work. Why does this matter? M&T offers sporadic time on a rolling calendar (i.e. you can't take over a certain number of hours over a 12 month period--not calendar year). If you go over, you are issued a warning and could be terminated. For individuals who get sick a lot during the winter or live in areas where, if there is a nasty snow storm, one will run out of Sporadic time rather quickly and best hope they don't need to go see a doctor/have car trouble/get sick for the rest of the year. If M&T allowed you to use your work at home ability, they would foster a much better relationship with their employees. My Morale, at the time, was really low.
terrible company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 6, 2018
management was terrible.....young punks who thought they knew it all but know nothing. very disappointing........the pay was terrible.......... for the work performed
Pros
Cons
everything
Secure work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMarch 6, 2018
This job you are pretty much self managed. You meet with management periodically but on the day to day you are taking non-stop calls. This job is great for job security but it can be over whelming. You can find yourself working to much and burnt out. They have a lot of functions with the company, like picnics and Christmas parties. You meet a lot of great people.
Pros
free lunches, off most holidays and benefits
Cons
over worked non-stop calls at times
About M&T Bank
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2018
Received a lot of training here, this was my first job in the banking business. The management was good and made sure you received the training needed to do your job. Very fast paced environment with deadlines that had to be met. I enjoyed working here because it was a very family oriented place of work.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Low pay
nice place to work but need better pay
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for the bank but the salary that they were offering wasn't enough to live on in the area that i lived. This caused me to look for other work quite quickly.
Good company, great benefits
Operations Associate III - Retail Pre-Closing (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 4, 2018
It’s a good company to work for, depending on department the staff is fantastic, they have a lot to offer. The are very flexible and will work with you no matter what the situation is.
Great!
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 28, 2018
This was my very first job and I stayed for almost 15 years. I enjoyed all the learning that was available. There was always a chance to move up in the company.
Good Place to work
Licensed Select Banker (Sales Development Program) (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Good place to work, they are a competitive bank that takes care of their employees. Good benefits along with good management from top to bottom. Larger regional bank
Stressful and Hostile Management
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 25, 2018
I loved coming to work until M&T merged with our bank. I ran the office and staff. Loved my staff and had a great time with them. Loved talking to my customers and helping them. However M&T is a sales bank. Wants us to follow a script and call customers to get an appointment. Have to get quotas and goals or you will be written up.
This was not the case with our old bank. So many customers closed accounts. Office was very slow and no foot traffic. This was no fault of mine. I did all they wanted, however I was targeted and had to retire or have a breakdown.
Pros
Benefits, Paid time off, Hours
Cons
Sales and quotas
Loved very good company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAFebruary 25, 2018
This is a great company if have to work with them I will do again this is very good bank I still banking at this great company the supervisor is a great person I recommend this bank always

Ask a question about working or interviewing at M&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

60out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at M&T Bank.