M.C. Dean, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Good Pay, a lot of working hours.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 3, 2018
Good job if you don't mind working 6 days a week at ten hours a day. people were no nonsense and there to get the job done. safety is first upon the mind to those working and managing.
Good work place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  DMV areaMarch 7, 2018
I would go back to MC Dean to work , I did my apprenticeship program with LCD and I got a chance to learn a lot and developing to a good electrician. End up making a lot of friends which today I'm still friends with.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Sometimes poor management
Bad Management
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 21, 2017
Discriminative/bias culture with no business ethics. Management is all about profit and takes advantage of customers/clients. Morally and ethically, you will have to have none and never voice a difference of opinion if you want to keep your job. You have to turn a blind eye to any faults and failure of management or you will be outcasted and targeted and forced out the door.
Pros
Paid portion of cell phone
Cons
Everything else
Great Job
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2017
Love working for MCDEAN Prefab in Va. Every one gets along , a lot of team work. It's like family. And the best bosses I've ever worked for. So much interesting stuff to work on.
Pros
Love My Job
Cons
Time clock
Excellent Company
Electronic Security Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
This company was great from beginning to end. I have learned and had an opportunity to experience some excellent people and places.
Pros
Travel opportunites
Cons
It was a good company to work for until I had some problems with the passing of my father
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bay Pines V A HospitalMarch 11, 2016
I worked for them from January 2015 to August 2015. My father passed away the end of July and they showed no compassion for what I was going thru. My dad and I did everything together. So I just walked off the job. Other than that it was a good company to work for.

Ethan Sonnenberg
Pros
Great pay
Cons
They do ot care about their employees
Oversee Accounts Payable s Department
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 22, 2015
Daily review of invoices coded by staff, vendor phone calls and emails. reviewed statements, resolved invoices with issues on three way match (POD and PO to Invoices). Work with internal departments and Department managers on Job Cost and Release of Liens for Jobs. Tax accruals and Tax exemption Certificates for job in various states. TIN Matching, and vendor setups.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
Lots of hours worked, no recognition for extra effort, staff reductions making it more difficult to keep up with work load
N/a
Electrical Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 18, 2015
Large company with numerous contracts.

Too many chiefs, most looking out for themselves.

Bounced between major projects too often.

Promotions impossible.
One of the worst companies. Management is run by bullies who have no problem lying and stealing
telecom apprentice (Former Employee) –  urbanaJuly 30, 2015
I spent a few months with these guys, was promised reimbursement but got in trouble when I asked for it. HR is also of no help and are quick to side with the management. The superintendents are so stressed out that they treat their workers like garbage. They want a yes man and if you refuse they will get you terminated. The foremans are afraid of their bosses and you get shunned if you ask to many questions. My advice for anyone in electric or telecom field, dont get pulled in by their pay, it is not worth it. They skimp on per diem and the scale is suspect.
Pros
ok pay, trave
Cons
no breaks, tyrannical management, scared foremans, treated like garbage
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Covington ProjectJune 5, 2015
Awesome opportunitites to work in the latest high tech, complex and interesting environments! Leadership is fair and upper mobility exists for those who are ready and willing to reach for the brass ring.

Want to know more about M.C. Dean, Inc.?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VaMarch 6, 2015
At one time this was a great place to work and now it would be a big mistake for anyone to work there. The management of the company is a joke and there is no leadership there. The company does not have enough backlog of work to justify the staff. You are treated like a number in this company and the company really doesn't care about you at all. During difficult times people with decades of experience and time with the company were let go as if their time there meant nothing. To many chiefs and not enough Indians. There is a need for the company to completely reinvent itself or it will not survive. The owner of the company has wild and crazy ideas that are not practical. If you are even considering working for this company do yourself a favor, don't make a mistake and just move on! Trust me I have been there and done that.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Employees are treated poorly by management
Loved working in the field, not so much in the corporate atmosphere.
Project Admin (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 31, 2015
The people in general are great, learned a lot about telecommunications. Did not feel comfortable in the corporate atmosphere. Was much more comfortable with working in the job trailers.
Benefits
Cons
Evaluation system
Unorganized company to work for
Telcom tech (Former Employee) –  QuanticoOctober 18, 2014
Poor management and no opportunity to grow unless you know the owner or a friend of his.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
telecom division is a joke and guys running it are clowns
installs good, maint sucks
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 7, 2014
title says it all. The people were good everywhere I went. The jobs, specifically, maintenance contracts, weren't my cup of tea.
Pros
good people
Cons
long commute for me
Was a great opportunity to travel and work in unique enviroments
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 18, 2013
A typical day at M.C. Dean, Inc. was a fast paced and safe work place. What i enjoyed most while working at M.C Dean, Inc. was the travelling aspect of the company. They sent me to Germany, Miami, Baltimore, Dallas, and Pennsylvania. I also enjoyed working at various Government facilities in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. My experience with the management team at M.C. Dean, Inc. was flawless. Co-workers from Washington D.C. to Dallas were very different, as far as quality and character are concerned, although I got along with everyone in both places. What I learned at M.C. Dean was that cooler heads prevail and there are never problems but only solutions. Working there also taught me initiative and to see the bigger picture, as far as working together to complete a job or task.