M2 Media Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lack of advancement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 18, 2016
M2 has a careless approach with employee talent and career advancement. As of now there is no diversity at M2 Yearly review are within 5 mins with low pay increase. Is a technology based company managed by old school management. Great place to work if you are a recent grad with low pay and if you are a senior due to free benefits.Main competitor is probably BBB bureau.
Pros
Flexebility
Cons
Low pay, no transparency
A Challenging and Rewarding Work Experience
Solutions Developer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2016
A good balance of longer term projects and short term tasks. I address smaller tasks throughout the day while continuing to work on bigger projects.
I have brought my experience and have also learned new tools and technologies.
Management treats me with respect and is always ready to provide help, guidance, and direction.
Co-workers treat me well and give a good sense of a collaborative team environment. They also never hesitate to provide any needed help or teaching.
The hardest part is sometimes balancing the multitude of tasks that can appear at any given moment, but overtime, while challenging, the practice of multi-tasking/diving time starts feeling natural.
The most enjoyable part is meeting the challenges of the workload and accomplishing and succeeding at those tasks.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home, fully paid health insurance, 401k, good vacation time, challenging and rewarding work, great management, great co-workers, beautiful office
Great team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
M2 is a great place to work if you want to be a part of a team. They don't have everything all figured out, but that allows you to really make a difference. Love the people I work with.
Pros
Casual atmosphere where hard work is rewarded. Free lunch on Thursdays!
Cons
Can't seem to get the heat and a/c right
Rewarding Workplace
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
M2 has grown quite a bit over the past several years, and management has done a good job dealing with the change that comes with that. From top down, a fair and respectful environment has been created. Opportunity is here at any level if you want to step up and grab it. It will not be handed to you. There is not a lot of hand-holding, so expect to take initiative. All-in-all, a very rewarding work experience with great people!
Pros
Entrepreneurial environment; great co-workers, and smart!
Cons
Limited formal training
Well worth the experience!
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent place to work and grow. Started 9 years ago and continue to grow personally and professionally along with the company. Executive management really cares about the employees and seeing them reach their full potential. If your passionate about what you do you will thrive at this company and be recognized and rewarded.
Pros
Great co-workers, accessible management team, weekly free lunch!
Cons
I actually look forward to going to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 29, 2016
M2 Media Group has a great work/life balance. You absolutelty need to pull your weight and work hard, but everyone is very nice and there's lots of laughter during the day. Truly liking your co-workers and management is half the battle at any job, and it just makes it more enjoyable to come to work every day knowing you're going to see friendly faces and be supported. Luckily there aren't any of those toxic co-workers who to try to one up you or bring you down and only look out for themselves like I have experienced in previous places of employment. M2 Media group fosters a collaborative effort type of environment and values everyone's input.
Pros
Free snacks, friendly environment, free lunch once a week
Cons
There is less room to grow since it is a small company, but I still feel very valued as an employee and have been very happy with my raises