M2 Services Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
M2 Services
Aircraft Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 27, 2018
I worked at a place M2 had won a contract or bid. So they had taken over handling of the contract they always seemed fair and were a decent company to work for I have worked for worse
Fast paced
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXMarch 16, 2018
you are working on older military vehicles, as long as you do your job to get the trucks done in a timely manner the company will take care of you and get your pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
got to work fast!
Relaxed work environment
Armament Electrician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 22, 2017
Good company to work for however benefits could be improved. This is a contract for the Dutch Air Force to provide aviation maintenance for the Chinook and Apache Helicopters.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor and expensive health care options
You will stay busy.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 9, 2017
A typical day includes having 1 or 2 flights on the schedule, but by the time the flights happen 5 or 6 birds end up flying so you have to jump through hoops to get all of the other birds ready to fly. However, it's not all bad, it's not bad. The people are great to work with and it makes the atmosphere great.
Pros
good hours, good pay, benefits aren't bad, 401K
Cons
promotion
unquie work environment
Training Coordinator / Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXNovember 4, 2017
Challenging with a good work environment. Contract work with the FMS. Good health insurance for the employee only. Guaranteed 40 hours per week with overtime.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Contract work
Okay job
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 12, 2017
M2 pays well but management is average. There is no job security. An employee can be laid off every time the contract is up for renewal. If a new company gets the contract, there is no guarantee employees will be hired at the new company.
Pros
Pay, benefits, knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
job security, management
Normal days are fast paced and sometimes difficult.
Aircraft Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 11, 2017
Every day there are a million things you will be required to do between aircraft maintenance and hangar clean-up. You will be pulled off tasks to do different ones that become priority all of a sudden. It can be a fun environment however because of the people that work there.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
some days are frustrating
High Op-Tempo
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 4, 2017
Very busy with not enough hours in the day.
Customer demand is very high.
Equipment was old and worn out.
The workforce is very professional.
Top management did not understand our challenges
Very good company to work for.
Aircraft Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Very good company to work for. Contract up at end of month. September 2017 Worked on aircraft that were owned by the Dutch. Great place to work for.
poor management
Woodworker/ Contractor(DOCAT) Full Time (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85707August 28, 2017
The manager tried to make people work but did not know how to do it so he relied on his work leaders but they were lazy so the job was not getting done
Fun group of co-workers
Aircraft Mechanic/Painter (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJuly 15, 2017
Enjoyed my Job and learned a lot but was let go because I didn't have over 7 yrs with the company. Was in the process of learning how to paint aircraft. Was an aircraft mech for over 20 years and worked on UH-!H and then on UH-60.
Pros
Had breaks
Cons
Never knew if contract was going to last.
M2 Services
Technician (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXApril 28, 2017
Great place to work, great employees, great benefits, very nasty environment but is to be expected when you are refurbishing anything with an engine.Typical day at work starts at 7 and ends at 3:30, during that time you are working non stop to make a deadline, management is great, supervisors are ALWAYS willing to stop what they are doing to help when you get in a pickle.
Pros
Management, breaks, and overtime.
Cons
poor pay for the amount of strenuous activity.
great working experiance
Sheetmetal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 14, 2016
they are absolutely outstanding love the job
they are great people and create a great atmosphere
loves the travel, they take care of their people
Nice Facility,Nice area
Aircraft Structural Sheet metal Mechanic on UH60 (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 3, 2015
Nice facility ,everyone gets along good (National Guard employees and Contractors). This is contract work and I'm looking to find a more permanent job. The work is common Depot level Maintenance, but there's the occasional challenging job. Located at a small airport but there is a lot to do in the area, so there's plenty to do in your off time.
Loved my job, not the company
Lead Mechanic / Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTDecember 30, 2014
The job itself was great but the company and the management treated you like a number.
Good company to work for.
Aircraft Structures Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 7, 2014
I being in aviation close to 40 years this was the best company i ever worked for . great co workers and and treated very well by management, looked forward to going to work everyday,i hated for it to end when the contract came to a end .
Pros
great people to work for at M2 and the Army guard unit
Cons
health care a little high but is it everywhere
would love to go back
Painter Prep (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 17, 2014
I would love to work here again the co workers that were trouble are no longer there
Pros
great work
Cons
easily misunderstood
CYA work environment devoid of camaraderie.
Purchasing/Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  New Boston, Tx - Red River Army DepotAugust 24, 2014
My 6 years at this company had its grass roots beginning with the advantage of having the ability to define and manage our responsibilities and departments to fulfill our requirements as a production-based government contractor focusing on refurbishing military tactical vehicles. My vision was to run the Purchasing and Supply Department lean and efficient - devoid of procedures that slowed the procurement process down resulting in not meeting production schedules. My first 4 years succeeded with this philosophy and included an ISO Certification as well. We were running lean and mean with low overhead. Upon the hiring of an accountant to the management team, overhead expenses increased as the site was forced to explore different operating philosophies. The once lean site soon became more cumbersome as more steps were introduced into the procedures all in the name of auditing possibilities - what ifs. We were now the company that we worked so hard to distinguish ourselves from per past negative experiences working for inefficient government contractors. This, combined with diminished production and departments not working together resulted in lost camaraderie and blaming each other for lost production and efficiency. I now appreciate my new career and despite missing a few of my ex colleagues, I am happy to have moved on.
Pros
Flexible work schedule for salaried employees.
Cons
Poor mentorship of Management Team. Favoritism at the management level.
The best maintenance company I have ever worked for.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 2, 2014
Supervising maintenance personnel in the repair of aircraft in safe and timely maner.
Great Job and I love working on the new helicopters
General Helicopter Lead Mechanic III (AH-64E) (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMay 31, 2014
Excellent co-workers, The best Boeing Field Service Rep, Equipment and special tools are adequate. Great supply support and a safe place to work.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
contract is ending