MIT Lincoln Laboratory Employee Reviews

Nice Environment
Sr. Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMay 6, 2019
Very friendly upper management. Laid back environment. However, the pace may be slower than average. There is alot of time to ramp up on technologies.
Pros
Friendly Staff, nice culture
Cons
Alot of time twiddling thumbs
Great internship
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 16, 2019
Good internship position. Challenging work and lots of resources. Only cons were that I know if want to work there post graduation, a Masters or better is really the only way to get your foot in the door.
Interesting projects / Flexibility
Shipping & Receiving / Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 2, 2019
Knowledgeable people to interact with, good communications. Interesting projects.
Flexible work hours, Great work /home life combination.
Can work from home. Travel!
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Government work.
Each division had its own area of research. You could learn a lot about science if you were interested.
Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 18, 2019
You might work on papers from different divisions in a single day. It kept things interesting.

Enjoyed working with lab personnel.

They supported staff by offering classes to new applications (LaTeX, etc.).
IT Co-op Support
IT Support CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 31, 2019
Very good place to work, enjoyed my time there working and learned a lot from people. It was a great experience and I'm very proud to be working there again.
MIT Lincoln Lab
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 24, 2019
Takes care of their employees. Terrific back-end compensation. Overall focus on engineering staff, not as much for admin support. Needs to focus more on entire team.
Relaxed Place to work
Group 87 Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 23, 2019
Excellent place to work with great benefits. The staff are wonderful and it is a stress free environment. LL is a perfect fit for someone looking to have job security and looking to invest in a career.
Productive and Interesting
Electro / Mechnical CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 18, 2019
Productive and Interesting work environment place to work. Very smart people who are dedicated to what the cause is. The first few weeks, it takes a little while to get going, work wise. After you work at your own pace
Pros
Productive and Interesting work environment place to work
Cons
Going direct is difficuly.
Fast paced and productive workplace
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 28, 2018
Fast paced and productive workplace. A lot of room for advancement. Best benefits that I ever had with a company. a lot of nice people work for this company.
Pros
Room for advancement, good benefits
Cons
fast paced/
Stable Workplace with Great Benefits, Inconsistent Quality of Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 19, 2018
Stable workplace with great benefits & pension plan

Inconsistent quality of management by group/ department, varies from micromanaging to indifference

Very slow and resistant to change

Great mission. Serious mission driven organization
Mixed Feelings
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MANovember 8, 2018
I would say this is a fairly "comfortable" place to learn and grow your skills. But it's not a place for ambitious people wanting to make a name for themselves. Highly bureaucratic. Great benefits. Pay is OK unless you're a contractor (then it's better). Culture is beginning to change but still a bit on the "mature" side. Your success and enjoyment here greatly depends on which department you work with and what your leadership is like there. Can make or break your experience.
I returned after a 7 year position with Raytheon and would do so again
Flight Test Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 10, 2018
MIT/LL is a terrific organization. Highly recommended. Very family friendly & supportive. Strong leadership team in place with great job security. I would return again!
Pros
Technical work
Cons
Traffic
Lincoln Laboratory
Visitor Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at LL very much. The culture and benefits are great. I left to take a full time remote position with Lockheed as I lived 60+ miles from the company.
Great Place to Work
Contract Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 26, 2018
Excellent, unique place to work. Work on something different every day. Excellent responsible co-workers. Parking garage and safe secure location. Low stress environment.
Pros
Unique and interesting work.
Cons
Cafeteria not so goo and expensive.
Excellent R&D facility providing newest greatest technology/smartest individuals in developing new areas of technology
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MASeptember 13, 2018
R&D research environment

Many types of positions and job opportunities

Not a structured environment as they encourage highly intellectual people to work when they are available or feel they are able to work at their utmost capacity
Pros
Very relaxed culture
Cons
Very large - lack of parking
Nope
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 16, 2018
I cannot describe the disdain I have for them. There are a lack of words. Favoritism, no room for negotiation (while others pretty much can do what they want (how is that fair)). It's like a monarchy.
Benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 7, 2018
I spent 6 weeks as an intern and had a great time working on stimulating and interesting projects. There was a great blend of autonomy and mentorship that I feel helped me to succeed.
i wish there were more opportunities for advancement
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  hanscom air force base, lexignton, maJuly 13, 2018
Our typical day starts off with prioritizing materials that have to be ordered through engineerings work order requirements as needed
and to process each order complete threw the SAP system.
Management distributes the work load to the appropriate person
whos involved in certain commodoties to purchase. The hardest part of the job is that there is not an opportunity for advancement with in.
I enjoy working with all the people in our group and engineering.
The employee work culture is very good which is the most enjoyable,
our workers support each other.
Intresting Place to work, but stuck in the past
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJuly 6, 2018
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a really interesting place to work, with many different options to work depending on your interest, there is almost something for everyone. The benefits are really good, and the personal employee interest groups (groups for Veterans, Woman, LBGT, and more) give people the chance to network inside the lab.
But as an administrative assistant, I find this job dull. When I came in for my interview I asked if I would be able to have a flexibly work schedule and the ability to work from home at least 1 day a week, I was told yes to both. But once I started I found out that was not true. They basically treat you like a 1950's secretary and don't know anything and this was the only job you could get. The only chance to move up in this position is if want to move up to division admin. or get your masters degree in finance then become a business admin.
Basically if you are an engineer or someone who has multiple degrees this is a great place for you. If you are an administrator, don't expect much.
Pros
Nice people, Intersting Place
Cons
No flexablity
Wonderful place to work. great learning environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MA 02421July 3, 2018
Great place to work with a great culture, pay and benefits.
The shuttle bus service into Cambridge is free.
You can also take the (T) to get to and from work.
The cafe has 5 stations each with its own chef. Two cafes and lots of soda and water machines.
Free employee parking
On site medical facility
Lots of security and cameras in and outside on campus.
In house library, gym, solarium,
Pros
wonderful cafe, lots of vacation time
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIT Lincoln Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss