MTV Networks Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
It's ok.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 18, 2018
Management is not interested in improving processes or individual career paths. They find a lot of ways to cut corners that end up doing more damage than good.
no work life balance
unstable work conditions
not very professional
no support
moral very low
no support from upper management
Loved it
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
Awesome place to work. Good bosses, great insurance plans, great atmosphere, free concerts, discounts on goods and so on. Amazing bosses. Great company to work for.
Pros
Discounts, Insurance, free lunchs, etc.
Cons
None.
A lot of work
craft services for the crew (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2018
This job is fast-paced but creatively rewarding. I feel like the producers are rundown because of how much running around they are doing but overall it was an incredible opportunity.
Satisfactory working conditions.
Senior Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 21, 2018
Overall a good place to be but due to current staffing issues made it consistently harder and harder to accomplish your daily workload. Work life balance was excellent.
Fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 20, 2018
Fun to work on Pilot shows because of the excitement and enthusiasm of the cast and crew. Learned my way around Los Angeles and them some with this gig.
Hard Work But Rewarding
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 12, 2018
I have learned to appreciate the good and very busy days at this company as they have helped me grow in knowledge of the industry and overall have helped broaden my skills.
Exciting production environment
liaison between the New Business Development team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Great company to work for. An extremely vibrant environment full of creative people. Lots of opportunities to work on creative projects and productions. Many opportunities to learn and work on live productions, show recordings, and events.
overall nice place to work
Vice President - Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
when I worked there their was different management in place which was very reasonable and flexible but still focused on maximizing results. different management in place now different culture
Pros
free breakfast and drinks
Fast paced environment
Digital Director On-Air Promos Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
MTV Networks kept our minds sharp and details in tack for every promo (off air or on) delivered.
Learned how to communicate and be a team leader as well as a player.
Enjoyed going to work, friendly and fast paced environment.
Fun atmosphere
Line Producer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 1, 2018
Wonderful benefits, fun people to work with, very smart and talented executives. The company does events once a month and the departments have dinners with their teams.
Pros
Fun
Great place, was hoping it could be permanent.
Junior Editor for several (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Good place and location, reasonable on most fronts, friendly people. I just wish that it wasn't a temporary gig. My only complaint is the process of working there seemed a little sloppy; it took weeks to get a key to the place.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
temporary gig
Poor management
Manager, Creative Music Services (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 15, 2018
Viacom from the outside looks like an incredible company to work for. It was for many years. The workplace culture and politics was a heavy anchor for most employees.
Pros
Free lunches, Great benefits
Cons
Poor upper management, slow advancement
Great place for entry level
Executive Assistant to SVP Scripted Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2018
I think this is a great place for people wanting to start out their career. Great benefits and networking opportunities, it has a very fun, creative and collaborative atmosphere
A nice environment to work in. Work culture was very friendly and helpful.
Production Assistant/ Librarian Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 1, 2018
Kept track of all productions footage. Shipped to and from New York office. Brought new ideas and concepts to different productions. Worked on the VMA's as a production assistant.
Productive fun place to work
Manager; Senior Producer / Content Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
Culturally enriching - Great managers - Best job I ever had in the field of entertainment. Brilliant hours and management team. Afforded me to travel around the world and a great exit package.
Pros
Being part of the team
Cons
Being laid off
Cultural and Diverse work environment
Talent Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
MTV was my first job out f college and I couldn't have asked for better job opportunity. i worked with the best team and friends that I now call family. I was able to transition from being accepted as an executive assistant and leaving 15 years later a a Talent Director due to Lay offs. It was a great creative environment. They gave you the freedom to be who you are creatively and professionally. Cons was definitely low pay and it took some time to be able to get promoted.
Pros
great perks, great diversity
Cons
low salary, slow career advancement
Hair stylist/ barber/ hair stylist assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2018
It was really nice to travel and see the world and experience new cultures and different ways of living than what I'm use to. I also learned alot about business. The hardest part of the job was executing custom cuts and designs that some clients would come up with.
Fun and exciting environment. Many fun perks.
Executive Assistant to the SVP of VH1 Research (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at MTV Networks was busy and fun. I published the ratings for the entire company every afternoon, answered phones, handled travel arrangements and expense reports for my boss. I sat in on the department meeting so I was aware of what was happening for the week. Best part of the job was the perks of the parties and meeting fun cable celebrities. Most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I made there with my boss and co-workers.
Great place to work, very energetic and edgy
Sales Executive / Affiliate Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I loved worked at MTV/Viacom. I was able to grow as a sales person and was surrounded by smart people. I was promoted several times and when they decided to close the Atlanta office, I was offered a job in NY, but I turned it down.
Pros
Amazing diversity and they walk the talk
Cons
A lot of travel if you're in sales