MAA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible place dont belive anything said yo you
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Panama city beachAugust 14, 2018
First I did not quit Maa, I quit management. The incompetent person in charge has no idea what it takes to do the job you are applying for. So her answers to any problem is just get it done. But it's three in the afternoon and that's a 6 hour job. No clue. You will be overworked,underpayed, talked down too,talked behind your back. Everything you do is micromanaged. Do not work here. DO NOT WORK HERE if you have a mortal compass avoid this place. The on call part of the job sucks because of poor management there was no preventive maintenance done because on call does not affect management only you. Picking up trash will be your#1 job everyday ,3-4 hours everyday, you will do very little building maintenance. AGAIN DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Learned alot from maintenance supervisor liked most of the people i worked with
Cons
Poor management, low pay, on call, overworked
Great Company
Leasing & Marketing Professional (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 7, 2018
The pay needs to become competitive. The company had great options to choose from in the benefits department but lack in pay. Lots of companies pay dollars more and better commission as well. But they have amazing culture and management is amazing.
Pros
Culture, benefits, people
Cons
Pay
wonderful company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALJune 8, 2018
MAA provides every employee with sufficient training, and have a strong support system in place. I would still be working for this company if they were in the area that i had relocated to
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
none at all
Working with Grant Thornton and very good group of people, reconciling the monthly invoices.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDApril 23, 2018
Good benefits from words of mouth. Have good vision and medical benefits and not sure about stock options and 401K. A contractor and no benefits. Very good working environment. Nice working relationship and very good partnership for monthly activities.
Pros
Love the work environment very good group to work with.
Cons
Commute to far from home, close to Washington DC and always issues with Baltimore BWI
Good company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2018
I am trying to get back with MAA, There was an issues with the maintenance supervisor, he spoke mostly Spanish which made me uncomfortable. He was also very new at being a supervisor.
Pros
great area to work in
Cons
had to paint and clean carpet.
Terrific place to work
Manager of ATM Operation (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 10, 2018
Exceptional Opportunity, terrific people, great benefits, nice area, family culture. This is a new startup with great opportunities to perform different types of work each day. Never boring always something new and exciting.
Pros
People, the challenge of each day.
Cons
So fun, you want to keep going
Completely unauthentic. The countenance of their management team is brilliantly deceptive.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAApril 6, 2018
I started with maa this year and I didn’t even get 90 days of employment. I came to this company with outstanding recommendations. They created a facade
Pros
None if there constantly looking for a scape goat!
Cons
Cutthroat culture
Innovative Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
Constantly working on making things better for the company. Company is very clear about policies and procedures to set guidelines for success. Expects a lot from employees and has a high level of expectation but does not recognize a comparable salary to find the right employees.
Benefits
Cons
Job/Security Advancement
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2018
Great place to work looking for more...closer to homeTake a minute to review MAA.
About your reviews:
NEVER included with your job applications
Posted anonymously on Indeed
Bad company culture
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2018
MAA does everything it can to cut costs. That includes compromising resident satisfaction and doing absolutely nothing for its employees.

They create a horrible culture by pitting employees against each other and lie constantly to residents and employees.

They took away employee stock purchase plan and pay below market for twice as much work.
Pros
Cons
leadership is non existent from the top down, have to lie to residents and be known for working for the worst apartment company in the industry
Good company in general but work under staffed
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  DuluthFebruary 13, 2018
High work load and under staffing don't make for good work life balance. Was not easy to use vacation time. Hopefully this will change in the future. Commission was good though.
Leasing consultant
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2018
I am a leasing consultant making $14.75. I have been with the company 6 months. I started off making $14.50. they also have a star sales club where you make a certain amount of leases a year (differs by property) and your commission increases from $80 a lease to $100 a lease. I average 8 leases a month. Which translated into $3840 in just commission for my first 6 months. I have awesome team and I am the only leasing consultant. My property manager and assistant manager always have my back and when I am struggling to close a deal they help me. I don't have too many cons because I am still new. But I will say is that it is a lot of paperwork for new leases, roommate change overs are popular at my property so more paperwork, and lots of packages come to the office because we don't have parcel pending yet. My property manager was promoted so this company does promote people who show how bad they want it.
Pros
Property does real good then free food and closed on Sundays. My staff, and good pay
Cons
Tons of paperwork
It is a great company to work for and very structured.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 26, 2018
The company was great for growth and had structure, but the pay was a little on the low side.

I would have loved to stay, but found there to be more money for my same position elsewhere.

They do recognize you for your hard work and dedication and room for growth.
Great company!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Advancement opportunities
Great culture
Cares for employees
Beautiful properties
Solid communication with corporate when needed
Productive on the job training
Terrible Environment
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
Terrible management. Toxic environment. Constantly harassed by managment. Micro manages, promises advancement when it doesnt exist. Couldnt have a friendly conversation with coworkers without getting yelled at. There was no talking allowed.

I wanted to advance but with how terrible it was managed I moved on to another company.

Do yourself a favor, read the reviews before considering filling out an application.
Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2017
Great company. It does a lot for its employees. The management is very supportive and wants to make you feel comfortable in your role. Incentives are great and so are the benefits.
Pros
great people and incentives
Cons
not much training given
MAA is an AMAZING company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 25, 2017
I've been in property management for 15 years , and therefore, have had the experience of working with a few different companies out there! I can say without any hesitation that joining, MAA, is one of the best decisions I've ever made! I love going to work everyday & I feel very blessed to work with a company that truly cares about their residents, employees, and their vendors! My, RVP, is so supportive and a great mentor, and everyone interaction with, MAA, associates at all levels has been a positive & friendly one!
Pros
Work environment / company dynamic/ Opportunities
Not family oriented whatsoever
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 23, 2017
All in one sentence, no values, no morals and there are cold hearted creatures in day clothing lurking beware. Also not a multicultural place very limited hiring towards blacks and or minorities.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No support system
Paddock Club Apts Montgomery Alabama
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 13, 2017
I was Service Manager at this property and we did everything from painting to carpet cleaning to pressure washing in house.There was not one time when the Maintenance dept. asked for something to help us complete a task or do it faster or better was denied.Great place to work loved the manager and regional manager.The region service director was great also.Everyone I was in contact with were very professional and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Very Peofessional
Cons
Could be fast pace when new residents want to move in fast
Beautiful properties and lots of opportunity
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2017
The company is very large and has opportunities in several cities/states throughout the country. If you are looking for a career in property management this an ideal community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight