MAC Property Management Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2018
The job environment was so nice. Everyone was very friendly. The job was casual and there was a lot of administrative work to do. I would recommend the company to anyone.
Great place to grow your personal business acumen!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
Loved my fellow leasing agents but management was beggining to be a bit overbearing.

You wil defiantly get out of it what you put into it and it will show in your commissions.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management inability to stabilize procedure.
Big high school
Painter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2018
Like someone previously stated, if you are not in the right clique you are at risk. They will smile in your face then cut your throat. Management is apart of that clique.
Pros
Holidays off, benefits
Cons
Everything else
No job security
Resident Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Lack of employees and no reliability. They hire ANYBODY especially unreliable people. If your relief does not show guess who has to stay because they supervisor refuses to come and cover the shift when she is suppose to. If you just going for the pay check then ok...but do not take this job seriously because you will get screwed in the end l.
Pros
Residents are great
Cons
Reliability, poot management
Big business management company
Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60615August 29, 2018
You will be promised raises and a competitive salary. If your lucky they will give you fifty cents after a year. I started with 5 buildings I now have 13 buildings after a year with out even a thank you.
Pros
the standards are very low. its very hard to make a mistake
Cons
Bad wages, racist Polish and Russian managers.
stressful environment, constant learning and changes
Resident Success/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
working for MAC has been a learning experience in dealing with tenants, maintenance staff and management. a typical day is accepting calls from residents with complaints about issues in the units.
Typical Day in Inventory
Full-time, Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
Scan people in and out. I would rush to get the deliveries and carry them materials in myself while the others we sitting on the computers talking and not doing anything
Competitive
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2018
Supervised Carpentry Crews - Historic Hyde Park Area.

Total Renovated apartments installing new framing, decorative trim, doors, flooring.
The hardest part was the discipline of the crew members.
The most enjoyable or rewarding time was when we completed a project ahead of schedule.
They wasn’t right
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
I work very there for 8.75 an hour no benefits no vacation day and the didn’t pay for the mileage on your car no gas card at all no supplies to clean the property
Pros
No benefits or no gas card
Cons
No supplies
A Place That Will Allow You To Grow
Resident Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
I enjoy most of the colleagues, prospects and residents. However, there are moments that will frustrate you and place you in the feeling of just "collecting a paycheck".
Working at Mac Property Management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
I do appreciate the opportunity and learning experience from Mac.A typical day can range from users being locked out of computer, unable to print as well as internet being down. I learned a number of things including active directory, maintaining VMs using Vsphere and HyperV Manager. Management will always point out what you have done wrong but state they will not let you know what you did right because there is always room for improvement which is not good for morale. Hardest part of the job is training. I was unable to feel comfortable with asking and being trained due to lack of response. The most enjoyable part is the other employees at the company. Although it feels like a high school environment with cliques the people are really good to work with.
Very fun place to work
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2018
There were never was a typical day, and that's what I enjoyed about working there.The workers were always in good mood and like to find creative solutions to the daily problems.
Pros
great people
Cons
they had trouble getting the vendors paid on time
Horrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2018
If you like disorganization and drunk supervisors that constantly gun for your positions. You should fit in good here. The VP has a bad case of ADHD . Everyone would rather hide than work. Be prepared to battle for everything and win nothing. Good luck working in the snake pit .
Pros
Cons
Workers
Constant work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2018
This was a good job, but no room for advancement and the drive was too far, especially when you were on call.
I think that the work was good since you always received at least 40 hours.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Too far and on call
nice job
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 12, 2017
Great team work friendly owner. Owner retiring and selling rentals. I'm sorry to be loosing this job. Good pay and happy place to work. People worked well together.
Pros
thoughtful boss
Revolving door environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 1, 2017
Not a place to build a career with advancement. Poor management and lack of training. Managers push their work on to others while they just socialize or surf the web. The owner is very nice and friendly but middle management needs to be held accountable for their actions. Most employees are just there until they find what they are looking for. There are no incentives in place to keep employees on board.
Pros
The owner is nice and friendly. Weekends off.
Cons
Middle management. Favoritism.
Great Place, Reach Your Goal
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
This position really taught me about how much you need to know about sales to be great in this position. My typical day included answering calls and replying to emails. Used Salesforce for leasing.
Fast pace real estate property management company
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 24, 2017
Fast pace environment with plenty of learning opportunities. Diverse workplace with a talented management and staff. Owns/manages several rental properties in the Chicago, Kansas City and Saint Louis area.
Problem solvers
Resident Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2017
I am a problem-solver by nature, and my job allows me to address resident concerns each and every day. Residents contact me for a variety of things like a question on their bill, or a issue with their apartment (something needs to be replaced or repaired). I really enjoy getting to know the residents and being able to help make their day a little better by resolving their concern.

Mac is a fun company to work for and my manager is really helpful in providing me training and coaching whenever I need it. I like the variety of things I work on in any given day and of course interacting with the residents!
Pros
good benefits, promotion opportunities
Cons
not enough hours in the day to get everything done
Happy Here!
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
I started working for Mac in 2016 in the maintenance department. I had about 6 years of handyman/repair experience at another property management company before I joined. So far I have been really happy here! My supervisor was a Tech before he was promoted so he understands the work and is really helpful. I am hoping to apply for the next supervisor position if one opens up.

My co-workers all get along for the most part and help each other out. Compared to my old company, Mac treats their employees fairly and gives decent raises each year. If you are responsible, come to work on time, and do your job, you will definitely enjoy it here. Also, the benefits are good- the offer insurance and a discount on rent if you live in the building.
Pros
benefits, raises
Cons
on-call rotation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAC Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.