MAC Property Management Employee Reviews

Working at Mac Property Management
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
I do appreciate the opportunity and learning experience from Mac.A typical day can range from users being locked out of computer, unable to print as well as internet being down. I learned a number of things including active directory, maintaining VMs using Vsphere and HyperV Manager. Management will always point out what you have done wrong but state they will not let you know what you did right because there is always room for improvement which is not good for morale. Hardest part of the job is training. I was unable to feel comfortable with asking and being trained due to lack of response. The most enjoyable part is the other employees at the company. Although it feels like a high school environment with cliques the people are really good to work with.
Horrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2018
If you like disorganization and drunk supervisors that constantly gun for your positions. You should fit in good here. The VP has a bad case of ADHD . Everyone would rather hide than work. Be prepared to battle for everything and win nothing. Good luck working in the snake pit .
Pros
Cons
Workers
Fast pace real estate property management company
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 24, 2017
Fast pace environment with plenty of learning opportunities. Diverse workplace with a talented management and staff. Owns/manages several rental properties in the Chicago, Kansas City and Saint Louis area.
Problem solvers
Resident Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2017
I am a problem-solver by nature, and my job allows me to address resident concerns each and every day. Residents contact me for a variety of things like a question on their bill, or a issue with their apartment (something needs to be replaced or repaired). I really enjoy getting to know the residents and being able to help make their day a little better by resolving their concern.

Mac is a fun company to work for and my manager is really helpful in providing me training and coaching whenever I need it. I like the variety of things I work on in any given day and of course interacting with the residents!
Pros
good benefits, promotion opportunities
Cons
not enough hours in the day to get everything done
Happy Here!
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
I started working for Mac in 2016 in the maintenance department. I had about 6 years of handyman/repair experience at another property management company before I joined. So far I have been really happy here! My supervisor was a Tech before he was promoted so he understands the work and is really helpful. I am hoping to apply for the next supervisor position if one opens up.

My co-workers all get along for the most part and help each other out. Compared to my old company, Mac treats their employees fairly and gives decent raises each year. If you are responsible, come to work on time, and do your job, you will definitely enjoy it here. Also, the benefits are good- the offer insurance and a discount on rent if you live in the building.
Pros
benefits, raises
Cons
on-call rotation
Resent restructuring created a MUCH improved company with fun workplace culture!
Resident Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
The company underwent a much needed restructuring about a year ago and some employees who had a history of slacking off found it difficult to adjust to the changes. Personally, the restructuring made my experience at work much more enjoyable as the employees who weren't hard-working or were constantly calling off sick were let go. Overall, this made the work environment MUCH more upbeat and positive! MAC rewards and appreciates their employees who work hard and are reliable. If you are not hard-working you should look elsewhere for a job.

What I like best about Mac is that they are willing to give you a chance to learn different fields in Property Management like Leasing and Resident Services. They also quickly promote their employees who work-hard and are reliable. I've been here 3 years and have been promoted twice! I've also learned SOOO much...I started with no experience and now I am a Resident Services Associate!
Pros
Promotes from within, growing and financially stable company, great co-workers!
Great, Upbeat and Positive, Community-Oriented Work Culture with Strong Core Values
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
The people at Mac are fantastic and I could not imagine a more positive work environment. Everyone works hard but there are also opportunities to reconnect with co-workers and and recharge your batteries outside of the office. Management takes our Core Values seriously, with a continual focus on RESPECT for Mac residents and employees is always evident.

The company has grown quickly, which is very exciting and offers a lot of career advancement opportunities...there is also a strong desire for management to make improvements when needed. Open to suggestions to enhance work place.

My favorite part about my job is really getting to know our residents and being able to help them and provide them great service!
Pros
Awesome co-workers and great benefits, health, dental, vision and 401k with company match!
Cons
Sometimes changes in company structure are a little too frequent.
Good Experience!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2016
Mac has great benefits, good management, great co-workers, offers a LOT of training opportunities, and does truly care about their employees. Great family environment, promotes from within, good mentorship and plenty of training.They are always growing and offer a lot of opportunities to grow and advance in your career.

I also really love the Hyde Park neighborhood. It is vibrant and unique and interesting. I like that I can either drive to work or take public transportation, depending on my mood.
Pros
The job is always fun and fast-paced...it is truly a team work environment, there is opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Sales goals are sometimes difficult to attain and you have to account for why goals aren't met.
Fast Paced, Fun Environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
I love coming to work in such a beautiful building and being able to work with such a great team of co-workers. No two days are the same and I am constantly learning new things on the job.
Terrible. Period.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2016
Soul sucking. Your best will NEVER be quite enough unless you are in the right clique. Then you can do whatever you please. Extremely unprofessional and very unhealthy environment. Beware...there is very, very high turn over here. You are disposable. Run, don't walk away!
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Day in the Life of High Rise
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2016
My typical workday consist of communicating with management regarding people that are moving in/out. I ensure that everyone moving in/out have a smooth transition during their specific move in/out timeframe. I also make any keys that are needed for new and/or old tenants, management, and leasing agents. I maintain the camera system and review any activity that needs to be addressed to ensure the safety of employees, the property, and tenants. I work closely with management, concierge, and the maintenance team and assist when needed.

The hardest part of my job is knowing how to deal with different personalities and people. The best part of my job is meeting all types of people from different walks of life. I tend to learn something new everyday.
Pros
One the of pros is meeting new people.
Cons
There are people put in leadership positions that do not have any leadership skills.
Great growth opportunities within the company. Great team to work with. Compensation and benefits could be better
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 22, 2016
The company is growing fast. There are many growth opportunities.
Great work life balance
Amazing team to work with.
Work from home flexibility when needed.
Awesome
Resident Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work, employer always looking for ways for employee to excel in every area of their job.My co worker are awesome team work makes the dream work.
unproductive and unappreicative
Leasing (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 20, 2015
Horrible management! A revolving door with highest turn of employees I've seen any where. If I could turn back time, I seriously would have declined their offer.
Poor work enviroment
building maintenance (Former Employee) –  chicago,ilApril 22, 2015
This company has unrealistic goals for its maintenance staff. They want you to drive to building to building to perform work orders, they to not provide job specific tools, they are understaffed and some building are union while others are not meaning they can get rid of the non-union staff anytime they want and the management are treated better than the maintenance staff.
Pros
its better than nothing
Cons
Management has super inflated ego
Fast Paced Work Environment
Lease Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
On any given day, I may have up to 5-7 shows a day. I'm constantly on the go and hardly at my desk. I've learned so much apartment leasing and property management from MAC. I love the women I work with. The hardest part of the job is I feel that there is not enough hours in the day to get everything that I want done completed. The best part of my job is helping residents finding the perfect home for them.
Pros
fun work environment, competitive compensation.
Cons
understaffed.
company sucks
Second Shift Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2014
check apartments, change lightbulbs, change locks, unclogg toilets
Great
Leasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
When you have a great team to work with the day to day activates aren’t as rough. The people at this company are good people making work pleasant.
Good company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2014
Good company
Team work
located in Hyde Park
Lovely units
near the University of Chicago.
hard work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 20, 2014
Driving around too different properties too kept maintained.Check all laundry room an public areas an if i had a work order for that property i would have to complete.Ive learned that all property management companies are different.i enjoyed learning some things i didnt no. Some coworkers showed me an some didnt. im a team player i will do any an every thing to get work done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAC Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

MAC Property Management Reviews by Location