MacAulay-Brown, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company
FMV/GMTI Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAOctober 12, 2018
Good company with a good mission. It was just in the beginning phases when there was talk of the contract being canceled, so some of us moved on to find a more stable contract.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Unknown contract shelf life
Good place to be working for
FIELD SITE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Was too bad they lost the contract. Was a good place to work. Management was always concerned and provided feedback when asked questions about the contract. They always listened to ideas etc for help etc
Customer-Focused, Strong on Expertise
Technical Lead, Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2018
MacAulay-Brown is a customer-focused company that understands its employees are the avenue to happy customers. MacAulay-Brown gives its employees the leeway to make the decisions and take the actions necessary to satisfy customer requirements.
Pros
Employee-friendly
Cons
A little too "bottom line" oriented at times
Friendly welcoming personnel for such a dead end job
Full Motion Video Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2018
In the Florida location, I found the staff and personnel are super friendly and helpful. However, I felt that immediately upon entering MacB that advancement in the particular job I was chosen for, would be slow and difficult. When I asked about advancement opportunities, or switching positions within the company, I was met with sightly dodgy answers. The pay is low compared to other jobs of a similar nature. The location is a very strong recruitment tool they use, however there are companies that offer much much more at other places with a lower cost of living, and unfortunately Florida is not one of those that the salary could really support a decent living since I'm the only one working and I have child on the way. It was unfortunate the feeling I got, but the fact of the matter is if you want a job a MacB as a PED analyst all you need is a clearance and pulse to get in.
Pros
Friendly staff, Training, location
Cons
Low pay, Dead end feel, So-So benefits
Friendly Working Environment without gimmicks
Mechanical Engineer, Junior (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2018
MacB offers a laid back, flexible work environment where employees' opinions are valued highly by management. While there aren't any ping-pong tables in the break room, there is the expectation that employee health and happiness comes first.

The work load varies depending on contract, but it was clear that quality of work is much more valued than quantity.

The work is contract based, make of that what you will. Personally it amounted to work some months being engaging and interesting and others dull and only tangentially related to my skill set. It also lends to some job instability for more specialized skill sets.
Pros
frequent company lunches, flexible hours, laid back atmosphere
Cons
contract based
No supervisor assistance when issues arise.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  APG, MDJuly 30, 2018
Very much lack of leadership or wanting to get involved with the government. One of the most cut throat environments I have ever worked in and complaints were made, was told not to contact Human Resources on issue. The PM was more concerned in maintaining his job rather than supporting the ignorance of the way contractors were being treated.
No promotions as they "have to keep investors happy"
Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2018
Job was great and all management staff were respectful. I loved my job, but never received a single promotion or raise in 4+ years, despite excellent performance reviews. Was told quite frankly that a raise is not an option as they "must keep the investors happy."
Pros
Great work environment and flexability
Cons
No promotion/raise potential
Productive environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time there until retirement. Made some great relationships. Had the opportunity for job flexibility and growth. Benefits are very competitive.
Great contractor
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIMay 14, 2018
I basically worked for the government and MacB left me alone and paid me as long as the customer was happy. I worked for a smaller company that was acquired by MacB, they mostly left our group to operate as we had before, or at least my management shielded us from the more radical changes.
MacB
FMV Imagery/Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FL 32579April 28, 2018
They do not pay you anywhere near what you are worth here, bad benefits, a bunch of retirees just collecting a paycheck. I wouldn't recommend this company to a friend or worst enemy.
Great flexibility
IMAGERY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 25, 2018
They really give you the flexibility to take care of personal issues or situations and work with you to best handle them with manning. Great group of people in a fun environment.
Very Satisfied
Operations Security Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2018
MacB has a fantastic culture and they are absolutely willing to help out when needed. Working for them has been a professional experience and one that I would recommend to any like minded professional.
Great company with great reputation
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2018
Test engineer that plan, execute, and report on software or hardware. Most of the time a test is in the planning phase, which honestly is a bit tedious. Test projects can last from four months to as long as two years in some cases. That two years is mostly due to planning and political hold up. The four month ones are the shorter agile tests, which are a lot more fun to be a part of, but the test is less thorough. The hardest part of the job is waiting. There are periods during the planning process where you simply have to wait for development to be finished, someone to review something, or coordination between operators and testers schedules to align. The most enjoyable part isn't the job itself, but your colleagues. Everyone gets along great and there is a welcoming feeling, along with a wanting to help with work if needed.

Great company to work for and compensated very well. PTO and 401K are a bit lacking. There isn't really any room for growth within the company. Although there is a contract tied to the companies positions, the contract renewals usually happen and contracts last at least three years. This is consistent with most contract companies I have worked for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Career growth not there; contract work
Great Place to work
Executive Drive (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45430February 17, 2018
easy balance between work and life. great management. superior ethics. very supportive environment. plenty of room for advancement. training provided for anyone wanting to expand horizons. One of the BEST companies I have worked for. The company is sincerely concerned with employee and costumer satisfaction. While employed with this company you have many educational opportunities. And due to the company size you have the ability to move to new challenges without moving to a new company.
Left with the bill
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVFebruary 15, 2018
Got injured at work, ended up with a concussion, MacB refused to pay the worker's comp claim. The unpaid medical bills are still on my credit report. I was told the bill was paid, I found out later on that was a flat out lie.
Productive work that matters.
Senior Intelligence Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day of work involves attending to assignments that update, revise, and validate performance steps in lesson plans. The workplace is centered around teamwork and is highly collaborative. The most important aspect of the job is that you are doing something in the workplace that matters to others.
Pros
Collaborative environment, professional co-workers
Cons
Lack of Advancement
MacB
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  DaytonFebruary 5, 2018
Typical A&S support contractor to WPCU. Not much leave, room for advancement or good pay raises. Not much long-term stability because your tenure is based on the contract you are on
Pros
Great people !! Especially the individuals I report to
Cons
Leave, pay raises, long term stability
good benefits but low pay
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2018
40 hour work week. Management was top heavy until the budget cuts of 2013. Management did not come forth with information during the military budgets of 2013 so employees knew what the intentions of the company.
Pros
benefits and work hours
Cons
low pay
Stressful
United States Senate - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA, Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
PM was unavailable, did not keep the employees informed on what was happening. Did not speak up on the employees concerns, job security, ever changing job locations changing hours to report.
Exciting job, poor pay/hours/benefits
Analyst / Screener (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I love the job, however the company refuses to pay its employees fairly for the job being done, and the benefits are too expensive based upon the salary. We have to work 3 pay periods in order to earn a full day off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacAulay-Brown, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about