MacAulay-Brown, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No promotions as they "have to keep investors happy"
Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2018
Job was great and all management staff were respectful. I loved my job, but never received a single promotion or raise in 4+ years, despite excellent performance reviews. Was told quite frankly that a raise is not an option as they "must keep the investors happy."
Pros
Great work environment and flexability
Cons
No promotion/raise potential
Great contractor
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIMay 14, 2018
I basically worked for the government and MacB left me alone and paid me as long as the customer was happy. I worked for a smaller company that was acquired by MacB, they mostly left our group to operate as we had before, or at least my management shielded us from the more radical changes.
MacB
FMV Imagery/Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FL 32579April 28, 2018
They do not pay you anywhere near what you are worth here, bad benefits, a bunch of retirees just collecting a paycheck. I wouldn't recommend this company to a friend or worst enemy.
Great flexibility
IMAGERY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 25, 2018
They really give you the flexibility to take care of personal issues or situations and work with you to best handle them with manning. Great group of people in a fun environment.
Very Satisfied
Operations Security Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2018
MacB has a fantastic culture and they are absolutely willing to help out when needed. Working for them has been a professional experience and one that I would recommend to any like minded professional.
Great company with great reputation
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2018
Test engineer that plan, execute, and report on software or hardware. Most of the time a test is in the planning phase, which honestly is a bit tedious. Test projects can last from four months to as long as two years in some cases. That two years is mostly due to planning and political hold up. The four month ones are the shorter agile tests, which are a lot more fun to be a part of, but the test is less thorough. The hardest part of the job is waiting. There are periods during the planning process where you simply have to wait for development to be finished, someone to review something, or coordination between operators and testers schedules to align. The most enjoyable part isn't the job itself, but your colleagues. Everyone gets along great and there is a welcoming feeling, along with a wanting to help with work if needed.

Great company to work for and compensated very well. PTO and 401K are a bit lacking. There isn't really any room for growth within the company. Although there is a contract tied to the companies positions, the contract renewals usually happen and contracts last at least three years. This is consistent with most contract companies I have worked for.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Career growth not there; contract work
Great Place to work
Executive Drive (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45430February 17, 2018
easy balance between work and life. great management. superior ethics. very supportive environment. plenty of room for advancement. training provided for anyone wanting to expand horizons. One of the BEST companies I have worked for. The company is sincerely concerned with employee and costumer satisfaction. While employed with this company you have many educational opportunities. And due to the company size you have the ability to move to new challenges without moving to a new company.
Left with the bill
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVFebruary 15, 2018
Got injured at work, ended up with a concussion, MacB refused to pay the worker's comp claim. The unpaid medical bills are still on my credit report. I was told the bill was paid, I found out later on that was a flat out lie.
Productive work that matters.
Senior Intelligence Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day of work involves attending to assignments that update, revise, and validate performance steps in lesson plans. The workplace is centered around teamwork and is highly collaborative. The most important aspect of the job is that you are doing something in the workplace that matters to others.
Pros
Collaborative environment, professional co-workers
Cons
Lack of Advancement
MacB
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  DaytonFebruary 5, 2018
Typical A&S support contractor to WPCU. Not much leave, room for advancement or good pay raises. Not much long-term stability because your tenure is based on the contract you are on
Pros
Great people !! Especially the individuals I report to
Cons
Leave, pay raises, long term stability
good benefits but low pay
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2018
40 hour work week. Management was top heavy until the budget cuts of 2013. Management did not come forth with information during the military budgets of 2013 so employees knew what the intentions of the company.
Pros
benefits and work hours
Cons
low pay
Stressful
United States Senate - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA, Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
PM was unavailable, did not keep the employees informed on what was happening. Did not speak up on the employees concerns, job security, ever changing job locations changing hours to report.
Exciting job, poor pay/hours/benefits
Analyst / Screener (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I love the job, however the company refuses to pay its employees fairly for the job being done, and the benefits are too expensive based upon the salary. We have to work 3 pay periods in order to earn a full day off.
good place to work if you have the right job
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 11, 2018
Learned a lot about Electronic Warfare.
Management good at tasking not good at providing help to accomplish those tasks.
Best part of job: exceeding expectations of test customers, helping the USAF meet its test needs.
Worst part of: lack of support & test equipment; maintaining aging equipment.
Pros
get left alone to excel or flounder
Cons
lack of support
N/a
Project Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 20598January 4, 2018
Because my work history with this company was brief, there really not a lot to tell about it but one thing I can say, it took longer to start the job than it lasted.
Productive Workplace
Commander Support Standard Evaluation (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NM 88103December 11, 2017
The company is great, especially when they preach on the respect and professionalism our customers deserve when getting the products we create. I have worked with the company for almost 3 years and have been very satisfied in my time here. I wish we got more leave days, or more pay per year but I will definitely say the company helps you when you're in need when it comes to their Human Resources department.
Challenging yet Productive Atmosphere
Foreign Disclosure Representative (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCSeptember 27, 2017
"Come in and leave earlier" is how it usually goes. Am still in the learning mode. Mgmt appears decent. Hardest part: office politics between US Gov't and contractor parties.
It's a job
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 15, 2017
Contractors are disposable. You can easily be replaced. Do as you are told. Do not complain. You have NO rights. Customer is always right. If promises were made - ignore them,
MacAulay Brown is a great company to work for.
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GASeptember 1, 2017
MacAulay Brown is a great company to work for. Office atmosphere is relaxed, you are not micro managed, allowed to do your job and to ask questions when needing clarification.
Work at a government location
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 1, 2017
The culture of the organization cannot be reasonably assessed as I worked at a government location. However, the location that I worked was generally pleasant.
Pros
Mon through Friday
Cons
No windows and temperature often fluctuated because of faulty equipment.