MacAulay-Brown, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor Local Management
Facility Security Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Local CEO (Now Retired) was self serving and only looked out for his interests. Encouraged me to lie to corporate and government agency to move projects forward.
Stepping stone
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GADecember 22, 2018
Really the only minimum req to get into the intelligence aspect is a TS clearance. You can literally come from outside intelligence in general and do fine.

This is a good place to get started, but not something to consider for more than a couple years.
Pros
Great pay for effort spent
Co-Workers are great and very team oriented
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCDecember 20, 2018
Dedicated hard working and committed personnel not compensated appropriately when compared to contracted peers considering level of engagement, duty responsibilities and operational relevance to mission.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Compensation below par
Not a bad place
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 11, 2018
It sucked that you were required to take 14 hours of leave without pay every month but the money was very good. It was just a contract and I was stuck on night shift, but I liked who I worked with mostly.
Wonderful comapany to work for
All Source Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 4, 2018
At MacB everyone is very professional, but still friendly and caring. Wonderful work environment and company to work for. Would work for the company again.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Productive and a great place to work. Great people.
Property Management Specialist Senior/Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 24, 2018
Great place to work, with great people to work for. The company put its personnel first. Great leadership values. The company had great benefits and made sure everyone received some type of bonus during the holiday each year. The traveling. was a lot sometime , however once you got familiar with the process it was easy.
Never wanted to leave, however the contract change over.
Pros
N/a
Cons
A lot of traving
Macb
Senior Cyber Analyst/Task Lead (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 14, 2018
Great company to work for. During my time with MACB, the management and staff were thoroughly supportive of the teams efforts and the production of our work.
Perfect for retired military retirees
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FLOctober 20, 2018
MacB is the perfect employer for retired military to transition to the civilian world. MacB gives you the civilian job that many military need as we move for active duty to retired.
Good company
FMV/GMTI Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAOctober 12, 2018
Good company with a good mission. It was just in the beginning phases when there was talk of the contract being canceled, so some of us moved on to find a more stable contract.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Unknown contract shelf life
Good place to be working for
FIELD SITE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2018
Was too bad they lost the contract. Was a good place to work. Management was always concerned and provided feedback when asked questions about the contract. They always listened to ideas etc for help etc
Customer-Focused, Strong on Expertise
Technical Lead, Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2018
MacAulay-Brown is a customer-focused company that understands its employees are the avenue to happy customers. MacAulay-Brown gives its employees the leeway to make the decisions and take the actions necessary to satisfy customer requirements.
Pros
Employee-friendly
Cons
A little too "bottom line" oriented at times
Friendly welcoming personnel for such a dead end job
Full Motion Video Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2018
In the Florida location, I found the staff and personnel are super friendly and helpful. However, I felt that immediately upon entering MacB that advancement in the particular job I was chosen for, would be slow and difficult. When I asked about advancement opportunities, or switching positions within the company, I was met with sightly dodgy answers. The pay is low compared to other jobs of a similar nature. The location is a very strong recruitment tool they use, however there are companies that offer much much more at other places with a lower cost of living, and unfortunately Florida is not one of those that the salary could really support a decent living since I'm the only one working and I have child on the way. It was unfortunate the feeling I got, but the fact of the matter is if you want a job a MacB as a PED analyst all you need is a clearance and pulse to get in.
Pros
Friendly staff, Training, location
Cons
Low pay, Dead end feel, So-So benefits
Friendly Working Environment without gimmicks
Mechanical Engineer, Junior (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 14, 2018
MacB offers a laid back, flexible work environment where employees' opinions are valued highly by management. While there aren't any ping-pong tables in the break room, there is the expectation that employee health and happiness comes first.

The work load varies depending on contract, but it was clear that quality of work is much more valued than quantity.

The work is contract based, make of that what you will. Personally it amounted to work some months being engaging and interesting and others dull and only tangentially related to my skill set. It also lends to some job instability for more specialized skill sets.
Pros
frequent company lunches, flexible hours, laid back atmosphere
Cons
contract based
No supervisor assistance when issues arise.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  APG, MDJuly 30, 2018
Very much lack of leadership or wanting to get involved with the government. One of the most cut throat environments I have ever worked in and complaints were made, was told not to contact Human Resources on issue. The PM was more concerned in maintaining his job rather than supporting the ignorance of the way contractors were being treated.
No promotions as they "have to keep investors happy"
Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 13, 2018
Job was great and all management staff were respectful. I loved my job, but never received a single promotion or raise in 4+ years, despite excellent performance reviews. Was told quite frankly that a raise is not an option as they "must keep the investors happy."
Pros
Great work environment and flexability
Cons
No promotion/raise potential
Productive environment
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time there until retirement. Made some great relationships. Had the opportunity for job flexibility and growth. Benefits are very competitive.
Great contractor
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIMay 14, 2018
I basically worked for the government and MacB left me alone and paid me as long as the customer was happy. I worked for a smaller company that was acquired by MacB, they mostly left our group to operate as we had before, or at least my management shielded us from the more radical changes.
MacB
FMV Imagery/Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shalimar, FL 32579April 28, 2018
They do not pay you anywhere near what you are worth here, bad benefits, a bunch of retirees just collecting a paycheck. I wouldn't recommend this company to a friend or worst enemy.
Great flexibility
IMAGERY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAApril 25, 2018
They really give you the flexibility to take care of personal issues or situations and work with you to best handle them with manning. Great group of people in a fun environment.
Very Satisfied
Operations Security Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2018
MacB has a fantastic culture and they are absolutely willing to help out when needed. Working for them has been a professional experience and one that I would recommend to any like minded professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacAulay-Brown, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.