Macktez Employee Reviews

Collaborative and Creative Team
People and Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Macktez is a fun and collaborative team of creative individuals.
It has been a pleasure to work for and with them as long as I have. While my days are mostly the same, I provide support for the team and clients, when I can, and I lend a hand to the partners running day-to-day operations. Everyday is a little different for most of the other team members, since much of their work is done at client’s offices. The biggest challenges for most of us is writing daily reports. But, Macktez makes writing reports, and planning for events and projects, easy to manage, if you pay attention to the methodologies that already exist to make the work easier. Management works with you to achieve your professional goals, so there is growth potential. What I love most about Macktez is the interesting and diverse people who make up the team, and the clients. While we are all tech enthusiasts, we all have varying backgrounds, and we enjoy learning from each other- There are enough projects to keep ourselves busy and not bored!
Pros
Small company with good benefits, health plans, and membership discounts. There is a fully stocked kitchen and catered team meeting lunches.
Easy going, learning environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Macktez successfully breaks the mold of mindless employment. The team organizes events, has paid learning experiences, and works with their employees to be sure they are happy and taken care of. This is great for both someone just starting their career, or someone experienced, but tired of cut-throat, rat-race-esque scenarios. If you're all about proper and prior preparation, attention to detail, and positivity, but don't like the idea of having to walk on egg shells around your boss, Macktez is for you.
Pros
Weekly catered lunches, free food in the office, tight-knit crew
The next step in IT
Consultant (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NYAugust 7, 2018
Before Macktez I worked all over NYC at different MSPs. After my interview I knew that Macktez would be different. Instead of sitting at your computer all day and answering phone calls you are given a handful of clients that you are in charge of. Every day is completely different. You may be doing desktop support for one of your new clients on Monday and on Tuesday you will be setting up a new network at a completely different client. On top of the constantly changing work environments, everyone on the team is always willing to help out anyone in need. This gives the work atmosphere a really friendly touch. People at Macktez look at these problems as puzzles instead of work.

Management is top notch. They are there to help you stay on top of everything. It isn't the typical work environment where you are walking on egg shells around your boss. They understand that IT work can get stressful and they want to help you manage that in anyway you can.

I 100% encourage anyone in the IT field to apply at Macktez. You will not regret it.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, amazing management, wide variety of tools to use, assigned your own personal Macbook Air
Cons
Days can get stressful
Great place to work and sharpen your skills
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Macktez consists of a tight knit team of very bright individuals who care about the end result. The organization concentrates on self improvement in all aspects of an individuals daily routine. This is the only company where I feel that the management is invested in me as a person and continues to push me to learn and expand my horizons.
Pros
Positive learning environment
More than just break-fix
Director of Managed Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
Macktez is more than just a break-fix shop - it's a chance to expand one's skills working with a talented team in a wide variety of client environments.
Pros
Weekly catered lunch, flexible work hours, generous benefits for a company of its size
Productive company with core values of planning and thinking outside of the box
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Macktez is an organization that takes thinking and planning to a completely different level. Within my first 90 days, I learned how to plan and organize my days and weeks to maximum efficiency. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly learning new things! I'm never bored and Macktez is always striving to be better and do better. The culture is collaborative and fun. Consultants frequently email the Team in order to ask questions about a tricky problem they've encountered. There are annual outings and monthly movie nights to provide additional Team bonding and workplace culture. The hardest part of the job would be the quick pace and timely reports, but Macktez does a wonderful job of handing new employees the tools with which to succeed not only at Macktez, but in life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macktez. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6