MacLean-Fogg
57Below average

MacLean-Fogg Employee Reviews

United States164 reviews
Fast pace with lots of overtime
Poor management

1st shift favoritism

Raw material usually has issues

Unreasonable rate as well as poor ventilation

In plant
Quick to blame the wrong person for someone else’s screw ups and looks for reasons to fire people. The work environment is horrible and keeps people sick all the time. This place could care less about its employees.
The job itself wouldn't be so bad if they would listen to their good employees and get rid of the bad. The new employees who get treated badly would probably work harder and better and the turnover rate would drastically decrease. Instead, they just keep people who are willing to work 24/7 and suck up to their superiors even though they are terrible people to work with/for.
It's a 12-hour shift, that requires focus ,and determination in order to reach goals that the team leader has set for you each day. Hardest part of the job are the stale moments that occur throughout the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that I was successful in attaining my numbers at the end of shift.
the plant manager is a felon who stole an ambulance. If they want you gone they’ll nit pick. Horrible place. Coworkers are the only good thing there..
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The work isn’t bad it’s the management and pay. You get pointed for bs and HR is against you. I wouldn’t recommend this place to nobody with small children. The work hours suck as well. I don’t understand why it’s not three 8hr shifts and volunteer work on saturdays and sundays. Life would be easier!!
Pros
Cons
No Personal Life, Pay sucks, and the Management
Enjoyed working there until late 2018 when new GM came in. Would consider him a snake. Turnover was around 40%. Culture was terrible. People came to work fearing for their job.
Place is filled with good people but the rapid change in demand causes problems that lead to the wrong people taking the blame, and the ever changing policies that are solely meant to throw you under a bus
Pros
Decent pay, good people
Cons
Week vacation is taken away for shutdown, flip flopping polices
Experience was good. I learned alot there. This place has alot to offer and helps you excel with learning different skills. Great place for advancement in your careers.
Fyi, hunting for a new job while I'm working here, because they horribly under pay for the amount of work they expect out of you. If you dont have work and they dont shift you to another department or send you home, they expect you to sweep the same patches of floor for hours on end, and grief you if they catch you doing nothing for even a moment. Most of the floor managers seem to have been promoted due to years on the job rather than any managerial or interpersonal skills. HR office is not there to help you, and often seems aggravated when they have to deal with someone for ANY reason.
Pros
Other employees make this job bearable
Cons
HR is NOT there to help you
Do NOT work there! The place is filthy especially the break room and they only clean the place when the owners come there. They have roaches inside the break room. The managers are awful and speak to you any kind of way. There only concerned is there quota you won’t be of importance. You work 7 days a week no time for anything else but that. They say you get the weekends off but it never will happen. The pay isn’t even worth the job.
There are some stuff that needs to be change other than that the company is a good company to work for and the benefits is good people are friendly if the company is in California I would probably stay with the company for a very long time maybe retire from it.
This by far the best job i've ever worked. the pay and the overtime was outstanding. Wasn't a lot of hard jobs. everything is very easy. some jobs require you to stand for most of the day but the breaks every 2 hours are a big help
For the 5.5 years I worked with the company my experience was decent my only complaint was when I was having medical issues that I wasn’t treated fair as far as when I had to leave again but the cnc shop was nice for having fair equipment
Original nice place to work. MGT changed and culture became toxic... only concern was to make as much money as possible. MGT cut jobs to make even more money. No loyalty
Be on time and they give monthly cash bonuses ..managers always try to make sure you are happy with the job you’re doing and if not they don’t mind training you else where
It’s a cool place to work lots of ppl nice hours etc great career opportunity has a lot of advantages and advancement opportunities as well for a job seeker
Ok to work there if you like that kind of work. For hilo drivers the surface is very oily. Other then that the actual job is fine. Supervisors tend to have their favorite workers.
It’s not an overly complicated job. The job duties include: inspecting for various defects, grinding, reaming, and drilling parts. Decent benefits. The pay could definitely be better.
Shame on me for working for them so long!! Absolutely the most unsafe place I have ever worked at. Put people in charge that doesn't have a clue what they are doing. If you are a good employee who comes to work everyday and go beyond your work expectations they expect you to keep on doing it. For me to get more money I had to refuse to do job and show the Supervisor my job description

ddescriptiontfinallget
Poorly maintained machinery,constantly malfunctioning. Poor coordination of necessary components on manufacturing floor. Expected to look busy for hours per day due to mismanagement...then try to meet production goals when they finally have everything you need to start running. Poor quality control upstream, that has to be corrected piece by piece by machine operators downstream. Terrible morale, and continuous turnover of employees. They have great slogans about quality and continuous improvement , but HR and management speaks to everyone condescendingly, and lies about making it better. If you have a 'that's good enough' mindset, you might survive. If you care at all and don't like being lied to...look somewhere else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacLean-Fogg. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight