MacLean-Fogg Employee Reviews

Great place to intern
Mechanical/Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJuly 14, 2019
I interned two consecutive summers at Maclean-Fogg. It was a great experience where I learned a lot. I became proficient in Solidworks despite little formal training in school. My manager was amazing and supportive.
Great place
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNJune 24, 2019
If I wouldn't have moved to another state I would still be there working. It was the best job I've had. The benefits are great. They made sure if it was hot we always was comfortable working in the building. I would recommend anyone this job. It's like family.
Pros
Nice work schedule
Cons
Kinda unsafe
Bad Management/Pay to say the least
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Savanna, ILJune 21, 2019
Just a bad experience. Monday-Saturday schedule and they would tell you every week that Saturdays are going to be voluntary and it's always mandatory. No vacation time!!! So if you have ANYTHING to do its not getting done. Pay was horrible. No advancement and management is...well "slow" <- not joking one bit on that. The only upside was every co-worker hated the place so it was fun to talk to them on free time
very great place to work
Level II Associate (Current Employee) –  Trenton, TNJune 4, 2019
There are so many opportunities to advance, I love my job. Everyone is helpful and diversity is great. Its nice to go into the office and be able to have a conversation with your bosses and they actually listen to your view points.
Pros
They feed us alot and we get a bonus at the end of the year
Cons
very hot in the summer
Hard work
Downstacker (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNJune 4, 2019
This job is hard work at first then, depending on your ability to under stand your job whether it is casting, assembly, or whatever, becomes easier. The work place is an OK place, the work is hard and the pay is alright.
Cons
short brakes, hotter in the summer then normal, management kinda spacey
its a dangerous environment
idk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, TNMay 22, 2019
youll end up with a few scratches on you if ur not careful this whole place can take your life in a instant its very loud and dirty the hrs are good for me thats the only thing good about this place tho managers/supervisors are trash i was on a machine working and it went down i told my supervisor and the manager came and fixed it he jus walked off without warning youll end up hating humanity if u work here very repititous work and omg time drags soooo bad you think 30 mins passed when its only been 10
Pros
they give heads up on monday if they're working the weekend
Cons
the job and people
Decent job terribe management
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  York, SCApril 27, 2019
The job is ok and benefits are a little above average for the area.but the management is terrible,a serious lack of communication, straight out lie to you and terriblebackstab you.to them the employees are just a tool that can be easily replaced.also a lot of favoritism
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Awful management and no home life
I just don't like the environment as a whole.
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  York, SCApril 16, 2019
I just don't like the environment as a whole. Too much favortism, too much gossip, not enough pay for the work that you have to perform on a daily basis.
It was a good place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCApril 8, 2019
I went to work at 7am and worked until my job was complete for the day. I learned a lot about accounts payable procedures as well as how to determine what was needed and where and how to order non-inventory items.
Pros
good benefits and occasional cookouts
Cons
the hours could be long
Like people have enough time to play ping pong
Machine Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNMarch 25, 2019
The place was a good place to work for the manager of the company was good. Some of the supers where great. The human resources sucked didn't know how to get questions answered
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, no team work. Setup people don't work together
Great
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNMarch 13, 2019
I loved this job and really miss it if I ever move back to TN I’ll work there again. Pay was good I had plenty of room to move up because I’m not dumb ahhhh it’s so good to be me
Pros
Sausage egg and cheese biscuit
Cons
No smoking
Nothing to say
Welder/Trainer, 1st Shift (Current Employee) –  Trenton, TNFebruary 25, 2019
I prefer to not comment on working for this company. I do not see why it is imperative that I place any comments here for review by anyone. The fact that this is an option contingent on moving forward is consequently unacceptable. Maybe you guys can work on making this completely optional. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.
Pay not Equivalent to Production of Employee
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALFebruary 11, 2019
Very Poor Management
Family Oriented business
Work inequality
Constantly Violates Union Contract
Hires Employees Incapable of Basic Tasks
Case by Case (Conflict of Interest)
Does not follow Laborer Guidelines on Scheduling
Still Employs Management that have Violated Company Policy
Unpredictable with extremely high turnover
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TN 38382January 21, 2019
The turnover was out of control. A lot of backstabbing within the company. Upper Management was only there for themselves. No support system whatsoever.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Insecure
Excellent place to work.
Anon (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJanuary 19, 2019
Great place to work, good pay, flexible hours if needed. Needs attention helping employees grow and listening to employees needs. I've worked there for quite some time and since the beginning I've been hearing about needed internal structural changes, career development, and opportunities for technical growth, but it has been very lacking.
ok
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sagertown paJanuary 13, 2019
Worked for two years and donsized - laid off
CNC Machinist: Maclean Fogg Component Solutions:
Sagertown, Pennsylvania:
Write programs on CNC Mazak Lathe and run from part print to finish. Cold Forging die cases and components, soft turn and hard turn. Some training on Okuma GENOS L300E-M. Operate manual lathe, Bridgeport and grinder. Knowledge of 5S and lean practices.
Pros
Update education
Cons
insecure workplace
Molder Helper
Molder Helper (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJanuary 11, 2019
Do not take this position unless you are physically fit. You will be Picking up castings that are 900+ degrees that range from 20- 80lbs each. You will have to hammer all the flashing and sand off the part then put them on the conveyor at a rate of 1 every 5 - 10 sec. You will be burned and cut almost daily. There is no training. If someone else is hired for the position eventually you will be allowed to do something else like sweep and clean or at best run the core knocker. The average life span of a molder helper while I was there was about 1 month.
Pros
Other Employees were Great
Cons
Hours, Stress, Physical Damage, Balancing Personal Life
It’s ok just need something else
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Savanna, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Too many bosses, to much work and they expect too much from u. They work you like your a slave and don’t see that your trying your hardest they just want more and more from you
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Want you to work way too much
No home life
Hatebur Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Savanna, ILDecember 6, 2018
5 day work week with mandatory Sat. Not a lot of support staff for night shift. Pay or position advancement is not great but they do have good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, good holiday schedule, free turkey and ham on the holidays
Cons
Lots of overtime. Not a lot of pay advancements
Working at Maclean-Fogg would provide me with a opportunity for better advancement
Mold Helper (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALDecember 4, 2018
Its a very well balanced place and very manable but at the same time it is a place where everybody gets along with each other and help one another. I Love working there.
Pros
Better holidays functions
Cons
Longer lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MacLean-Fogg. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight