Macomb Community College Employee Reviews

amazing place
Library Technical Aide (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 4, 2018
the owners so nice. i love work their. they all helpful and they listen to you when you needs them. they have a lot of patients with new employees. they are super amazing.
Protective, and fun work place.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 27, 2018
Good place to work. Gladly shares expertise. Builds strong relationships with others by task and shares ideas and techniques. Also,it Helps employees gain visibility through task.
Adjunct professor
Adjunct Prof, IT Dept, (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 25, 2018
was an adjunct professor and was a second job while also working a full time job.
Enjoyed working from home at night. Had to be a certified online instructor, whic was very helpful.
Pros
offsite teaching
Cons
no directions on teaching
I went to school there. I did not work there.
Student and Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 22, 2018
I went to school at Macomb. I was not employed there. I did have a wonderful educational experience there and I am certain that most of their employees are happy.
Pros
Good School
Great place to teach!
Laboratory/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 18, 2018
I only worked as a contingent employee but did so for about 10 years. I always looked forward to getting that call to come back and help out the veterinary technician program.
Great place to start in higher education
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 17, 2018
Great work/life balance. No overtime, No weekends.
Great opportunity to experience different event around campus.
Very awarding experience for those who put forth the effort
Great place to work part time.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIApril 16, 2018
Great place to work and wonderful people to work with. I enjoy helping the student figure out what they need and show them or explain to them what or where they need to do it.
It's a community college
Manager, Media Relations (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 3, 2018
It's a community college, so a certain level of bureaucracy can be assumed. But I got along well with most of the staff and found the working environment to be pleasant.
Pros
Work/family balance
Cons
Sometimes moving quickly on something could be a challenge.
Great Place to Work
Student Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 2, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. I hope to receive a promotion soon. I have been here for 2 years and intend on being here at least another 2 years. This is a great place to work.
So-so Place
Adjunct Instructor (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMarch 13, 2018
The manager never remembered my name; was hardly available. It seemed like the only people teaching the core classes were friends of the Associate Dean.
Pros
I enjoy teaching
Cons
Not many classes to choose to teach
Great Place to Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township MIMarch 11, 2018
Macomb is a great place to work, overall. The higher your seniority the better the chances of getting the classes you want. However, there is little room for advancement.
Student Friendly
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 5, 2018
I enjoy working with staff and students on a daily basis, but I cannot advanced my current position. I want to help students with their future career choices and goals.
Great workplace
External Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Warren, MI 48091January 29, 2018
Great place, great staff. Very relaxed environment with people always willing to help you. Teamwork is always encouraged. Comfortable environment. Would recommend.
An excellent community college
Adjunct Faculty, Allied Health (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 21, 2018
The classes are small and provide an excellent learning environment for students. Professor interaction with students is also superior compared to other colleges.
Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 20, 2018
MCC is a great place to work with many many opportunities for advancement. I quickly moved from part-time to full-time and then was able to move up the ladder from there. I highly recommend Macomb Community College as a great employer.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Union constrained my ability to work more hours.
Good school
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 7, 2018
This is a good school to attend they are expanding into a large college with many university connections and It is a school I would recommend for anyone to go to before they decide to go to a four year university.
Nice stepping stone
Student Success Services - Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 29, 2017
Macomb Community College provided excellent customer service practice. It was a great work environment, but I needed a job that was busier. Macomb is a great place to build a future.
great place to be an adjunct
adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIOctober 26, 2017
After 10 years, you get retirement benefits. Fun colleagues. Challenging workload. Enriching students lives is the most enjoyable part of the job. Hardest part of the job, South and Center campus do not communicate effectively to adjuncts who work at both campuses at times.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunity to teach
Macomb
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MISeptember 22, 2017
Macomb Community College is a wonderful college to work at and to attend. As an Adjunct Psychology Professor I can honestly say I love my job. From the time I walk in, to the time I leave my class, I can honestly say I enjoy my job.,
Pros
The College is a great place to work
Cons
Difficult to get full time work
BIOLOGY LAB AIDE (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MISeptember 19, 2017
I started as a work study working for MCC in Center Campus E - building under Kim Szanja and had the most amazing co-workers and atmosphere to work in. I went from there to a Lab Aide position that was temporary for work study and then later applied as part time. I have had absolutely nothing but an amazing time working for the college, their have been some kinks in the chain, but overall it has been a great time working here and I intend to do so until I am no longer able to. I truly love my job here