Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 26,937 reviews matching the search See all 27,026 reviews
Low pay, like to harass employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
Disorganized environment. Everyone tells you different things when you ask them questions. Policies are changed, and not everyone is updated. They tell you that if an item is on a rack for a certain price that you have to sell it for that price. But when you do, they try to accuse you of stealing. Their prices on the racks and in the system are often not the same, so you have to guess what you should sell it for, because they don't know. Then blame you if it's wrong. Not enough money for what they take you through. I have never experienced being treated like a criminal from an employer until working for these people. The only positive thing, is that most people are nice, but unfortunately misinformed.
Pros
Most co-workers are friendly
Cons
Low Pay, benefits, hours
Decent place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WANovember 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you like working with people. Nice to travel for work conferences. Benefits are ok. Recognition is not the best. Environment is good.
Pros
Always around people
Cons
Benefits and pay
Fun work place
Shoe Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2018
Great people , very friendly good work environment. It was a great fun job for my first time in retail I really enjoyed it. Hopefully one day I will return.
Pays the bills, absolutely no thrills
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 16, 2018
Easy work, rude disrespectful management. Getting hours is very difficult. OT not open often at times. Very disorganized. You do get to meet all sorts of people though and still do learn certain skills that could further you in other warehouse or production. I personally wouldn’t recommend this job though, unless you’re in need of a job with decent pay quickly
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Not enough PTO, management, not enough work at times, OT not open as often as it should be
Not a fan of retail
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  PGH, PANovember 16, 2018
Stressful, especially this time of yr. Nice to work for a company that cares so much for their employees, the community and the environment. The best thing about working there is the satisfied customer.
Pros
path to growth incentives, visual & dental benefits
Cons
holiday work schedules, back to back sales, downsizing in HR
Seasonal
REPLENISHMENT TEAM (SEASONAL) (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 16, 2018
It is a OK place to work. everyone is nice and they do care about you to a point. The job can get stressful or boring and mundane. I would say seasonal is great for high school students looking for a bit of extra money.
Pros
discount on thing at the store
Cons
not paid enough to live
Awful Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2018
This place is a terrible place to work.
Really awful. Sitting all day, they go by numbers here.
Coached every other day. Like high school all over again!!!! Mangement doesnt care at all.
Pros
Cons
all kinds, to many to list
Decent place to work
Operational Fitting room (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 16, 2018
Very stressful at times. Overall was a good place to work at. Most people are friendly. Manager are not all that great they tend to play favorites with the associates.
Good place to shop but not to work for!
Clinique Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 15, 2018
Management is horrible because they are not monitored on a daily basis. So they do what they want with their employees. They only speak to you nicely when they need you. The store I used to work for had stalker issues which to this day they are not taken care of. I loved my job but I had a horrible manager and because Macy's only cares about their merchandise and not the safety of their co workers. I was not about to risk my life over that company. Bottom line is, they don't care about you.
Pros
The extra discount days
Cons
They don't give you your legal breaks.
Customer Service
Fine Jewelry Lead (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2018
Great place to work. I have been with Macy's for 18 years. they have provided much training and development. I am proud to have been here for this long. I believe anyone can gain excellent customer services skills working for Macy's
I regret working here
Polo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
I regret working here. The have worst managers who care about themselves not their employees. I'm glad that I will be leaving soon just like everybody.
Pros
Cons
Everything sucks
Very fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company and the customers
I've learned to deal with difficult customers and work with them.
I enjoyed working with different ethnic people
I liked the holiday pay
Pros
new challenges
Cons
difficult challenges
Macys
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  kings plazaNovember 15, 2018
The customers made my day at macy's. I've learned how to become a better sales associate and communicate better. I feel like the management at macys can be approved ,the managers don't make the associates feel successful . I did not enjoy the culture ,the workplace can be better if the managers had better communication skills. The hardest part at Macy's was dealing with the recovery on black Fridays . I enjoyed the customers the most at macys , if the managers and the associates were as pleasant as macys . Macys would be a better place.
No work/life balance.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 15, 2018
There is very little work/life balance at Macy's. You end up working 10+ hours per day and even coming in on your days off. Upper management will say its not expected but in reality, it is. After working two stressful months for the holidays and putting in countless required hours, you get to spend the entire month of January hoping your position doesn't get eliminated and/or they don't let you go. If you didn't go through their EDP program then forget about getting paid decently.
Pros
Pto, associate discount
Cons
work/life balance
They were great
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJNovember 15, 2018
They were really understanding of things. Pay wasn’t horrible and I liked it. Just wear really comfortable shoes. Calling out is Sometimes a problem though.
Pros
Decent pay
Good company
Online Order Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2018
It was a good place. I enjoyed the people and flexibility. I just hated the pay and minimal raises every year. They had great products and we got great discounts.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Interesting , Management needed work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
Management was very poor when it came to solving problems or figuring something out. Schedule was messed up. My money was messed up as well as far as me getting paid.
Pros
A hour break
Macys
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 14, 2018
Macys was a great environment to work in. The pay was low but once the new parking lot was built, everyone's hours went down. Jobs were cut down and employees were terminated.
Pros
Employees are good to you.
Cons
No overtime
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HINovember 14, 2018
They have amazing management. They will train you to make sales and assist customers. Great work place setting. Provide the tools you need to do your job daily.
It was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
Macy's was my first job post-graduation. I worked at the Customer Service Center and accepted the job because I needed some sort of income. It is a good job and pays ok, but if you have a college degree like me, it will not provide you career satisfaction unless you are in a managerial role. Great benefits and the discount was ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.2K
48.2K
36.8K
22.2K
11.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably