Macy's Employee Reviews

a great place to work and advance your retail sales career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MINovember 19, 2017
I have worked during the holiday season. I have learned the fast pace retail sales from Macy's, During the holiday your day will be super busy, but it balances your day.
Fun work great place to work
Retail output processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
No tip each person is different each department is different great company to work for I have worked as a sales associate markdown pricing dock fullfillment lead supervisor
Good company
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLNovember 18, 2017
Macy's is a good place to work, but sometimes not enough employees are available to cover the tasks required to correctly support the customer base. However, most employees do everything they can, and often more, to get the job done.
Pros
Supportive colleagues.
Cons
Not enough employees.
fun and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2017
competitive, enjoyable working environment. Great place to advance and learned different type of cultural. Friendly and productively workplace. Flexible hours, you make your own schedule.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Its an ohk job as you can say
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 18, 2017
Macys is not what you think its is. The fact that you have to work alone and also how you only work 4 hrs a day and yes the pros are you get paid weekly but thats not enough
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Working alone
Nightmare
Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 17, 2017
For visual person it’s a lot of work: a lot floor moves, no support, floor looks like a mess, nobody cares until visits . Sales managers do nothing, just talk, a lot drama. Bad planing, sales associates lazy and spoiled to do nothing.
Pros
Work hours for visual Monday-Friday, 8-4.
Cons
To much to do for one person, bad pay, lazy associates, bad planing.
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 17, 2017
I was new and the majority of the time was left alone to figure out how to work the discounts and the register. As well as management never picked up the phone when I called.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
left alone
fun,relaxing,cool
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 17, 2017
the environment at Macys was very cool, and understanding and they pay was well deserved and the customers were very polite and so was the supervisor and the workplace was doable
Pros
great co-workers
Great job, Bad pay
Security Detective (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 17, 2017
Macy's was a great Security Job to have for the most part. I started off in uniform as a Visual Security Officer and was later promoted to Security Detective. I was assigned to the Home Store and Security Safety Auditor for the store.
I enjoy my job, but i don't like the hours.
Asset Protection Detective/ Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2017
Macy's is a good place to work, but i'm a single parent now, and the retail hours are hard on my family. I work at lease four nights a week, and one day shift. As a single parent it's difficult to balance a good work and life.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Well organized place
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 17, 2017
Great for a first time job. Everybody that works there are friendly, helpful, and understanding. The job tasks were complex at first but once you go through it on a daily basis it becomes simple.
If you want hours, they will find them for you
Jewelry Captain (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILNovember 17, 2017
If you ask, the will work with you and our schedule to make sure you get hours. They are very accommodating. On holidays, overtime is accepted and you can work up to 60 hours per week if wanted.
Great for first sales job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 17, 2017
People destroy the dressing room, it's like picking up after children. I worked here for a year and never go put on part time or full time. Never received any benefits because I was a flex hire.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Over worked
Very fun environment good starter job
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 16, 2017
My typical day as their levis coordinator was clean, stock, and help customers in the levis department. I was able to go on lunch almost any time I wanted. You get an hour lunch and a 15 min break if you are there for an 8 hour shift. Its a great job if you are in school or if you are able to get a manager position because you can advance in it. So far this was my most favorite place to work at. Unfortunately they didn't have any manager positions open at that time I was there.
good discount, free food on holidays
Counter manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2017
Some time very stressful, Management is not as strong as other company , presell could make it even more stressful,Compatative work environment , Good discount
customer centered
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 16, 2017
working at macys was very enjoyable. I learnt good customer service skilled. The hardest part of the job is during the holiday season. I learn to respect people at all cost.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, always standing
Fun atmosphere
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2017
Great coworkers, excellent corporate culture. The hardest part of the job is to be a go-getter, independent, train yourself and set your own goals. There are no typical days as an auditor. You have to get used to change. You can never get comfortable with your duties because they change every assignment.
Fast paced work enviorment
Sales Asscociate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 16, 2017
Macy's is a fast paced work environment with many people. it is a good place to use customer service skills and it gives you experience in different areas such as stocking and cleaning.
Workplace Culture
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Macy's is a place that is high paced and overall you become very knowledgable of your culture background, due to being in the heart of NYC you learn a lot not only from your coworkers but from tourist and foreigners.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No chance for growth
pore
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 16, 2017
bad management cosmetics very unprofessional, lack of experience, pore judgment, no knowledge of product, lack of communication, pore leader, selfrightious...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.