Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 27,523 reviews matching the search See all 27,616 reviews
fun but stressful job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Macy's has a unique environment that brings out the most elite customers and its up to you to deliver the best customer service you can to satisfy them and prove Macy's splendor
I really didn’t get the chance to prove myself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Macy’s didn’t give me the chance to grow. I wanted to continue and show them what I can offer however they didn’t give me the chance. They promote within their circle of people
ko
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2019
How long will it take to get you up to superstar speed? Spend time on the floor or mirroring a top performer. Ask them point blank, “How long until I can do what you do?” Then double it, just to give yourself breathing room. Is that a comfortable amount of time? Pros: You get to learn a new product, a new system. It’s a basket full of new. I personally thrive on this; I’m a quick learner. I’ve worked with several reps who take a long time to ramp up, and this can cause stress to a new work environment. Some people need change; new ideas energize them. When I study the numbers of reps who give up, I see a trend of not seeing the real progress that is being achieved in the daily grind. Did you give up too early to even make a good decision?
Pros
break
Cons
money
not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJJanuary 17, 2019
job wasn't so bad just wish management was better. don't pay much. I believe Macys needs to raise the pay especially for having employees doing so much. have to monitor fitting room, make sales, open credit cards and place orders.
The hardest part of the job.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 17, 2019
The hardest part of the job was unloading trucks in sub-zero weather. It could take up to five to seven hours to unload and I be frozen by the end of the day.
Pros
good people
Cons
working in the cold
It’s a was a great experience working at Macy’s
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 17, 2019
I didn’t really have a problem with the last Macy’s I worked at , everyone was nice to me and I’m good with selling products and I would love to work with Macy’s again
n/a
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 17, 2019
worst place to work. customers are rude. managers are rude and think they are above everyone. the place is always messy. they make you stay after late and do not compensate very well.
productive
Asset Protection Agent (Former Employee) –  National City, CA 91950January 17, 2019
great location to work.
there are plenty of locations in the store to operate my duties.
friendly coworkers
safe environment
mall security is available
police are available
good place to work for extra money; not a career.
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day involves hitting the ground running. One must know how to deal with people with addictions in the work place.Slowness and lack of support are common among management along with gross preferential treatment of employees based upon race, gender, or creed. However, the most enjoyable part of the job are the people you directly work with: Diversity is encouraged in the workplace.
Cons
Poor Healthcare
Very inconsistent work hours, poor communication from HR
Retail Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 17, 2019
I was hired as temporary part time employee, 10-15 hours per week. Late November I was scheduled for ten 4 hour days in a row, including the day before Thanksgiving, Thankgiving and the 2 days following. No prior communication was given. When I told HR rep that I could not work those hours but could continue to work the part time hours I was hired for, there was no further communication from my manager or HR rep. They just stopped scheduling hours for me (which I found out through their website). No further written, oral explanation was provided.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits, poor HR communication, poor Management comunication
Typical Retail store
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day would be standing by the cash register and helping customers with anything that they needed from the store. Folding and restocking are also duties that I had to complete during my shift.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
dealing with hard customers
Great company with great management and training
Lucky Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 17, 2019
This is a great company to work for. Management was amazing. A typical day at work was very fast paced. My favorite part of the job was being busy. I was able to become the Lucky Brand specialist and absolutely loved working specifically with this company's clothing brand. The customers were also awesome.
Working at Macy's is a great experience for someone learn more on shipping and receiving.
RECEIVING DOCK ASSOCIATE/MANAGER ASSISTANT P/T (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 17, 2019
While being employed at Macy's it's a great experience to enhance my knowledge and expand my experience as a Dock Associate/Manager Assistant. While working as an Associate at Macy's I truly love the team that I'm working with. Yes there are high turn overs but for those that have hung in there and we have built a great relationship with one another, I wouldn't change at all.
Pros
Ability to expand my Shipping and Receiving experience
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
breakroom
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 17, 2019
typical day at work is helping customers find fragrances. i learned what people liked. management is decent. work place culture is decent. the hardest part of the job is sales
Liked working at thus Macy's.
Visual Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Macy's, my co-workers were the best. I would have loved to work in a different department, not seasonal, for more hours and more money. Other than that, it was great!
Pros
Working for Macy's
Cons
Seasonal only.
fun
walker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 16, 2019
i enjoyed working at macys as a seasonal worker and if i dont have a job at christmas time i know i can always work at macys and 14 days srtaight if you want and that i did they are nice checks
Exhausting and not worth the hassle
Selling Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Any job is difficult but this is the worst. The store and management bother you and make sure you open more credit cards each day and they do not care about anyone or anything as long as the store makes its sales goal for the day.
Some days are not too bad but there are always those certain people who bother you to no end and it makes the sales associated just want to walk out and quit. When half your staff is ready to walk and quit then something must be wrong.
The views the customers see are nothing that really goes on to when the store is closed or before they open.
Fun to work there and great people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJanuary 16, 2019
The people there were really nice always happy ,and nice to be around.Some days they would let you listen to music while you walked around and picked.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 16, 2019
• A day of work at Macy’s was energetic
• I’ve learned solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
•Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks
slow
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 16, 2019
At times can be very boring and slow. It is only interesting when a customer is in your department. You can talk to them see what you can do to help..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.4K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

74%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

86%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss