Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 26,321 reviews matching the search See all 26,410 reviews
Straight forward job
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2018
It's a straight forward job in retail, but the managers were not great at training. This place's LP was terrible, she had a bias against me for some reason and tried to get me fired, but other than that Macy's was good
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2018
To work at Macy's was one of the most exciting jobs I've had. The company is very welcoming to their employees. The career later is available to climb with full support
Pros
Good pay
Cons
More hours
productive
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MO 63117September 22, 2018
My job entails working in a fast past environment in stocks rooms, filling in merchandise on the floor and unloading our home store merchandise. I also learn from this position to use an RTV scanner to check sales, markdowns and change signing. Furthermore i have learned how to do floor moves , and learn how to put together a variation of fixtures.
Pros
hour break
Cons
No benefits
You'll feel very comfortable with this company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY, ConnecticutSeptember 22, 2018
Very family oriented company. I enjoyed working there as a sales associate. Met many different people, Worked many departments- bridal, fine china, small appliances, bedding. women's clothing. Fulton St. Macy's had area where you could go for breakfast, lunch, dinner.Most employees brought their own, we were supplied with micro-wave, soda, chip machines. I give Macy's two thumbs up!!!!
Pros
Employee discount, Macy money.
Cons
N/a
Lots to do
Coach specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2018
There was always something to do, and you usually had moving traffic. You did have your slow days, and your fast days, but there was always something to do on the sales floor.
Nice
Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Nice place to work. Good culture they treat you with a lot of respect and value your opinion I would highly recommend this person for work the atmosphere one Fessional is him and respect I am very happy . A person could do a lot worse and be miserable but that’s not the case at Macy’s it is a collaborative and enjoyable working
Pros
Cons
Hours
alright
Sale's Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 22, 2018
very good place to work people friendly environment relaxed at times............tell my friends and family about them...................................
it was quick-paced but overall kind people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 22, 2018
everyone was super helpful and kind and it didn't matter what department I was in they were very helpful and would have great customer service no matter the day
Pros
great work enviorment
Cons
sometimes you didnt know what department you were in
typical retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 22, 2018
Working at Macys is your typical retail with bad pay. Forced to meet macy card applications and individual sales goal. Has score card to evaluate employees in which sales and macy card applications are weighted heavily. if don't have a good score card wont get a raise and may get fired because of it.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
working during holidays, pay
lots of fun
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Got to be in the cosmetics world and sending people home feeling better then they came. enjoyed my co workers. The pay was not what I wanted and the hours weren't either.
Very productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 21, 2018
A normal work day starts off around 10:30 am -3:30PM Very fast pace
I've learned how to build as a loader got a lot of building tips on how to load a trailer
Management is very nice and understanding
Hardest part to the job is unjamming a line that's packed
Most enjoyable part of the job was thr team ever one was on the same page and never made the job hard
Pros
Nice lunchroom very quite
Cons
Vending machines some times don't work
Just retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2018
Working at Macy's can bring variety in day to day challenges. They offer some training based on the department in which you work and most associates are willing to give advice about their areas as they become passionate about them and their return customers. Friendly faces and excited shoppers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Friendly customers, flexible schedules
Cons
Temptation to purchase, messy fitting rooms.
work work work
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2018
the company is ok to work for, it is the management that can make things difficult. If you have you like an challange and dont mine being over worked and under paid this may be the perfect job for you.
my day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 21, 2018
My manager was very nice and always helped us in every question.
My coworkers were polite and nice with the customers.
The hardest part was taking care of the clothes left inside the dressing rooms.
The most enjoyable part was to be working in an awesome store full of beautiful things around us.
I left because I couldn´t achieve the sales goal every week and my paycheck wasn´t enough for my basic needs.
I love Macy´s even though.
Pros
nice store
Cons
very difficult to achieve the sales goal
Learned that big box retail is a on life support
Planner - Better Traditional Petites (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Business model became overly dependent on promotions and sales. Systems were cumbersome and clunky. The day to day work lacked fresh ideas and new initiatives.
Decent Workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10462September 21, 2018
Hours are exactly what you sign up for-you can always give away or pick up shifts. Depending on your section, sales can be commission based however sales are stolen,
Love this place
Sale Associate/Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I love working for Macy's at the South Park location, the staff and management were very professional. But: I believe no one told them about the increase in minimum wage.
Very competitive, fun and Friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
A typical day at Macy greeted every morning by co-workers. I always started my day by fixing my work station making sure I had all the necessary tools needed to complete my task and reach my goals for the day. I then proceed to fix my are of work by fixing displays and merchandise. Until the customers arrive. I will help any customer who ask for help or looks like they need help with finding an item then we would proceed to check out. Management will come and check in with me regularly during my shift to update me on my progress for the day and any promotions to offer customers. The hardest part of the job is to not being able to sit down when your legs get tired. I enjoy making the customer happy the most.
Pros
The employee discount
Cons
short breaks and not enough recognition for hard workers
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Macy's is a fast paced work environment on a busy sales day, but I found busy days to be most enjoyable . On slow days there is massive pressure to meet sales goals, which is the hardest part of the job. The workplace culture is diverse and inclusive. Management was always helpful and provided guidance.
Pros
Flexibility
Unorganized
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2018
The company was not organized and did not have a game plan.
The supervisors were not helpful. I wish they can come up with a plan to improved our work if they want everything done by the end of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58K
48K
36.6K
22.2K
11.6K

See reviews about

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Macy's.

Powered by Comparably