Macy's Employee Reviews

Found 28,196 reviews matching the search See all 28,327 reviews
Retail sales (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove PaMarch 24, 2019
Macys is a great place to work, it is a part time job for me so there is no pressure or stress. It is fun and the people I work with are great . It is a team environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
standing all the time
productive work place
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2019
great place to work, very fast paced. loved working in impulse beauty, got to learn and train with some amazing people. you can pick up extra shifts very easily. hardest thing about this job it having an outside life. sales goals are easy to maintain
It is a good learning experience
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2019
It is a good experience if you want to be a manager because nobody gets trained. You will always have a good paycheck because they are very understaffed. Management is lazy.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joppa, MDMarch 24, 2019
Unload trailers at an hourly rate or quota and place on pallets to be shrink wrapped and load on another trailer to be shipped out. Sometimes we are required to stop conveyor belt lines when there,s a jam in which a red light will be turned on until the jam is cleared.
Pros
free giveaways cook outs bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Long hours but well worth it
Picker (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKMarch 24, 2019
Like mentioned in the title, the hours are long but the pay is worth it. If you can handle being on your feet for extensive periods of time, then this is worth checking out. Good company to work for, they care about their employees.
Fun and Challenging
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2019
I love working at Macy's. The position I work is challenging and fun. The team I work with is compassionate about what they do. I enjoy stopping to help customers find the product or brand they need. The entire staff is helpful and has a real team mentality.
Pros
paid vacations, flexible schedule
Cons
weekend hours, physically challenging
productive,fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 24, 2019
I would say i really love this job a lot, It is the best place I've worked. Very understanding about family matters managers really care, The works not that hard. Customers are really kind, i would say APPLY, The pays good too 13.25 an hour and plus you earn 1.00 for every credit card you get love it.
Pros
understanding managers, loving company.
Cons
the out of pocket cost of health insurance.
Good work environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 24, 2019
I really did not like pushing Credit Cards on people and felt that the company pushed far to hard and the pay left me stressed out about my finances all the time. Health insurance was great.
Pros
Great Health Insurance and ability to work full time
Cons
Low pay and high expectations
Limited career advancement
Merchandise Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 23, 2019
Advancement is limited. Management only cares about those that work the sales floor. The backbone of the store is the support those that get out the merchandise and make sure all standard are met and those individuals are not acknowledge for the hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMarch 23, 2019
Lots of hours, Get paid weekly, Not too much manual labor in some parts of the building. smoking permitted in certain areas. good amount of time for breaks. not enough time to come back from breaks. lots of walking.
Pros
2 30 min breaks, long hours
Endless Harassment by Coworkers
Receiving Associate/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 23, 2019
Do not work at Macy's! At least not in the Receiving department. I have worked at two different stores and have been harassed by the men both times. The first store in 2017, one of the men on the receiving dock began harassing me the first week i was there. The second store I started in 2018, they play vulgar rap music during the shift. Only r&b music is played if the vulgar stuff isnt. It is a racially intimidating environment if you are white. I dont know if the front if the store work is better, but stay away from receiving. LOW CLASS environment!
Pros
Employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hostile work environment
Great job, just wish I got hired back for a part time position
Recovery Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  1100 Lloyd Center, Portland, OR 97232March 23, 2019
The working environment was amazing and I enjoyed working with most of the other associates there. The managers we're pretty laid back and cool and I was allowed to do my job without any problems at all or arguments or disagreements.
Pros
Great break room, cool associates, good hours
Cons
Was a seasonal position, was moved around a lot, not enough help on floors most days
Fast Paced MHE is stand up fork truck
MHE Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNMarch 23, 2019
Very good place to work if you want time to yourself...you will be working solo and expected to deliver promptly and organized. If heavy lifting is a problem this job is not for you.
Pros
Pay and Training
Cons
Fast paced
Productive and fun Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMarch 23, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the Job ,meeting new customer ever day, Customer service was good, working the register.everyone was nice and understanding,as we work as a team, merchandise is wonderful. it's a good place to work
Cons
Healthcare
was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 22, 2019
working here was ok the management at the time of hire was nice if there were any issues with other employees then it was dont turn to them for help, most long term employees were uptight and rude to everyone customers included
Great,environment a powerful place teamwork and leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 22, 2019
I believe if you apply yourself beautiful things can happen for you if you choose to work here. I found it to be a very supportive family experience...remarkable staff that thrive on success of all its members no one in my experience has never been singled out or made to feel left or put down. We all made feel that road was crossed together.
Flexible Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2019
This is a great job if you are a student or have multiple jobs. Very flexible scheduling and overall good environment to meet new people. they do have opportunities for management positions for current lower level sales associates.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Work Life Balance
Director of Finance - Loyalty Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2019
I Love the work life balance at Macys. Macy's provides flexible work schedules, work from home options and Summer half-day Fridays from Memorial day to Labor day.
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Perks
No such thing as work life balance.
Beauty Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
I've worked in the retail environment for a few years now. Macy's doesn't value its employees. The best thing about Macy's I can say is the coaching aspects, I learned how I didn't want to be coached. Favoritism is rampant. There is no recognition for employees that go above and beyond their required job. It's not a place where I'd want to invest a lot of time into. I'm in it for the experience and I am out. If you are looking for a good place to put as work experience on your resume go for it, but for longterm stay clear away from here for any support from upper management.
Pros
The people.
Cons
No work life balance, Favoritism is rampant, No recognition for excellence customer service, Management doesn't have your back, Micro managing environment, No autonomy Poor leadership.
great people
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAMarch 22, 2019
It was an interesting place to work it wasn't fair to its employees that had personal problems but had hard working employees that deserved more for everything that they had to go through. An incredibly credit card driven environment and our "Reward" being a dollar and a pat on the back. Poor use of employees of people begging for more hours when we constantly received complaints about not having enough coverage. I loved my fellow employees I just wish they would have had better benefits.
Pros
fair lunches
Cons
attendance system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

58.6K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight