Macy's Employee Reviews

11.5K
Found 25,481 reviews matching the search See all 25,564 reviews
Decent place to work
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
Don't expect to pay a bill with Macy's but you can eat , the hours are varied, so you can work around your schedule if you have better things to do. You will enjoy and hate your job in the same hour, just depends on you.
Pros
Varied hours, decent people, ok pay
Cons
Not always recognizing great workers, lack of promotions for long term workers
It's a good job
Prep/Returns (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 14, 2018
It's a good job if you are willing to work hard and do your job to the best of your abilities. nice benefits as well. you can move up as well and possibly get transfered,
Pros
good pay.
Cons
sometimes the way people treat you.
A retail legend with many areas of sales
Women's Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2018
I was young ,new to the work force and a full time student. I will always be grateful for the opportunity given to learn. I only wish there was more of push to drive employees for not only company goals but for professional and personal growth . i enjoyed morning meetings and management interaction.
Pros
lunch area, discount
Cons
work was not flexible for school
One day in Clarins
Beauty advisor / Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
Skin time, the hardest part of the job: How to invite a costumer to sit and try our product. Fortunately, Clarins is a french cosmetic, but the everyone' s pocket is a manner. I was famous because of my hands, everyone said that my hands felt like cotton. It was a great tool to introduce the products and close sales. Another hard task was to open Credit Card, sometimes I was lucky, but most of the time people told about their legal status or bankrupt, I obstacle. The Macys Credit Card was a stressful thing for every associate in the department store.
Pros
Commission
Cons
more payment
Never again
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 13, 2018
A unorganized machine. The only way working for this company can be enjoyable, depends on management. Job training. you must use your common sense don't depend on help with handling customer issues.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
to many to
it was fun , we had lots of work to do ,we also had fun days
crc logistics and operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
working for Macys was fun at first it was very hot then we stand on our feet all day long got a 45 min lunch break 15 min break they treated you ok, when it was a summer day it felt like a heater we had no A c just fans and when it was winter it was very cold felt like an icebox
Pros
sometimes they would buy us lunch and had pizza partys and feild days in the summer
Cons
our breaks were short because we had to climb up a lot of stairs
Enjoy working for this company
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 13, 2018
I enjoy ALL MY YEARS WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. I was unhappy to see them close our store. We had a great Store Manager and Assistant Manager! Overall, going to work the days the store was opened WAS GREAT!!!!
Macys Review
SALES (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 13, 2018
While I was working at Macy's, my main mission was sales. Because I was a good team member who met goals on time, I was floated to different departments to help the team achieve their daily and weekly sales goals.
Pros
Easy Job
Room for growth
Sales/ Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
Macy's takes care of their employees with great health insurance options. Macy's offers great incentives to their employees and have contests frequently
Great Opportunity
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAJuly 13, 2018
Was an overall excellent job. Enjoyed the experience. Staff at this location was helpful and knowledgeable. Customers enjoyed the store the staff and the atmosphere.

It was one of the top retail stores in Macy's inventory in this district. Unfortunately Macy's chose to close this location to try and tighten their overall bottom line.
started out a fun place to work but things changed
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 13, 2018
Everyone should be informed of changes not just a select few. The lack of communication is the worst. They wonder why there is a high turnover rate. They do have surveys to complete but the managers tell you what to answer so they won't look bad. Why have surveys if you can't answer truthfully.
Pros
some times free lunch, once a month rally
Cool work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work is ok but kind of boring I’m use to a busy work place with fast pace but overall Macy’s is ok the job is for someone who’s very chilled
fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 13, 2018
i liked working at macys, nice managment and she was a great person, Co workers were nice too, Scheduling was good. there was some snacks all the time for employers whey they took a brake.
Very good work experience
Merchandiser/ Signer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2018
I liked working at Macy's because they try to build a community and they are very flexible. I felt like my supervisor tried to work with me on my schedule and they were not difficult. The work was not stressful and it is a great position for someone in school or with other life obligations.
Pros
Flexible and Resonable
Cons
They cut hours alot
Good place to work.
Housekeeping Manager (Front of House Operations) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Macys is a good place to work. Advancement based more on politics than work ethic, but an overall good place to work. Can work comfortably in existing environment.
Lenox Mall Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJuly 12, 2018
Open registers and make sure floor is ready for customers. Flexible schedule which is great. The hardest part is getting credits. The most enjoyable part is the customers, especially when you get the repeat customers who knows you and how you can make their shopping experience enjoyable.
Pros
Team environment
Seasonal....wrong time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 12, 2018
I wish I came in as a fulltime security officer. The pay would have been better. But my main reason for leaving was cause I moved here to Pa before my time to relocate was approved. Then by the time I was ready to work again, I had serious car problems as well as just living too far away to commute. So when they wanted to know when I was comin back, I had no answer for them. So they decided they couldn't hold the position open for me anymore.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad timing
Typical warehouse work environment.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 12, 2018
Typical warehouse work environment. During their peak season they do pay more but that is always temporary. The pay is decent for the amount of work but it can be a very boring job.
don't know
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 12, 2018
Not sure what to say, I didn't work there long not enough hours and I have kids to feed. This job maybe good for high school students or someone who doesn't have real responsibilities.
Fun worplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 12, 2018
The day starts with picking the online orders that customers have placed. During the day the associates are required to clean out the fitting rooms and to put the clothes back on the floor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macy's. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss